Finally got a PS3

SnorE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
So i finally got a ps3 slim 120 gb and picked up fallout 3...now whats next...recomend me some games...some cool features of the ps3

also how do u get the trophy cards in you sig and stuff like that...lookin forward to this since it is a big upgrade from my wii:)

Get Valkyrie Chronicles, Uncharted 2, and Demon's Souls.

Yeah, good question on linking your PSN. I linked mine earlier but it wasn't clickable. Browsing CAg, I noticed some are clickable and some are not. Is there a certain way you have to do it? XBL seems easy enough, but PSN, not so much.

i would suggest a few games but im not really sure what your into, but here are some general ideas:

COD: modern warfare 2 / world at war
Rachet and clank Series
uncharted 2
Resistance series
maybe Street fighter 4

just to name a few games i enjoy

there are plenty of website that can link gamer cards.. just do a quick google search

hmm cool features of the ps3... it's black and has lights on the front =] really nothing special about it.. plays games and blu-rays.. thats about it.

you just post the picture in your sig cause CAG doesn't allow the entire HTML code that you get from us.playstation.com. Or you can use other sites like the one in my sig.

You should get Uncharted 2, one of the best games on PS3, if not the very best. If you like FPS try Killzone 2 out. If you like strategy RPGs, try Valkyria Chronicles. You also might want to get God of War 3 in March. If you are a designer/creator type person and like platformers you should check out LittleBigPlanet. As for racers, there's the Wipeout HD Fury bundle on PSN for $25, probably the best single game on PSN right now.

^There are demos for all five of these games on PSN so you can play the demo before buying.

Finally, people may tell you to get MGS4, but honestly it's a very polarizing game so I'd say to try it first before you get it. Unfortunately I don't believe there is any demo on PSN. I personally like it a great deal but I can see why people can absolutely hate the game.

That's just a start, I got my PS3 in August right when the slim launched, and I already have close to 30 games!

[quote name='rpnguyen']you just post the picture in your sig cause CAG doesn't allow the entire HTML code that you get from us.playstation.com. Or you can use other sites like the one in my sig.
[/QUOTE]

But the one below your avatar is clickable. It's weird. If I switch mybrowser to IE, I can click the PSN and it expands, however on Firefox, It doesn't.

[quote name='Gaming Dude']But the one below your avatar is clickable. It's weird. If I switch mybrowser to IE, I can click the PSN and it expands, however on Firefox, It doesn't.[/QUOTE]

yea, you mean the PSN: XXX in my avatar right? that is just automatic if you input a valid PSN. It requires you to continually login to us.playstation.com and update your trophy stats using their "refresh portable id" page, which at the moment is borked and won't let me login. You would think that they'd update your portable id at the same time you synced trophy info using your ps3, but no....

Best games by genre:
RPG: Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles
FPS: Killzone 2, Resistance series
Action/Adventure: Uncharted series, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War Collection
Platforming: Ratchet & Clank series, LittleBigPlanet
Sports: MLB 09: The Show(MLB 10 comes out in less than a month, so you may want to wait)
PSN downloads: Wipeout HD, Super Stardust HD, Fat Princess, Pixeljunk games

These are exclusives only, and if you want to include multi-plat titles, the list would probably be twice as long.

I second checking out both Uncharted and Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank games, and God of War Collection. I also suggest Burnout Paradise if you like racing games.

If you are a fan of the series, Tekken 6 is cool, but make sure you get it sub $30 if possible.

If you can find it on sale, DJ Hero is super fun.

Even though it has its issues and isn't the great game that it had the potential to be, I am enjoying Dark Void...but make sure you get it cheap or you might feel a tad bit cheated.

Of the games coming up, God of War 3 might be a must buy along with Final Fantasy XIII if you like RPG's. Heavy Rain is high on my "to buy" list (right behind the previous two), but I will wait for a few reviews to come in before pulling the trigger...this game with either be a masterpiece or a colossal fail...

[quote name='Gaming Dude']Get Valkyrie Chronicles, Uncharted 2, and Demon's Souls.[/QUOTE]

I would definitely check out the demo of Valkyria Chronicles before buying...I heard so many great things about it, and while interesting, it wasn't really for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='msriflegirl']I would definitely check out the demo of Valkyrie Chronicles before buying...I heard so many great things about it, and while interesting, it wasn't really for me.[/QUOTE]

Just so there's no confusion, Valkyria Chronicles is the RPG for :ps3:. Valkyrie Profile is a different game series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie_Profile

[quote name='laaj']Get a headset ASAP. I hate people without headsets on PSN[/QUOTE]

Just to add to this. Try to find the Endwar headset bundle at your local Best Buy for $20.

[quote name='SnorE']So i finally got a ps3 slim 120 gb and picked up fallout 3...now whats next...recomend me some games...some cool features of the ps3

also how do u get the trophy cards in you sig and stuff like that...lookin forward to this since it is a big upgrade from my wii:)[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 2 FTW! Also If you like fighters there is several great ones. Maybe you don't though. Anyway...

Little Big Planet
Killzone 2
Metal Gear Solid 4 *some people like it*

i have a motorola blue tooth for the cell phone could this be used? def wanna get final fantasy and the uncharted series.. and COD MWII....whats some good online games?

[quote name='SnorE']i have a motorola blue tooth for the cell phone could this be used? def wanna get final fantasy and the uncharted series.. and COD MWII....whats some good online games?[/QUOTE]
Any Bluetooth headset will work - just pair it with the PS3.

Welcome to the club. I remember upgrading from a wii to ps3. Get ready to have your head explode! The only games I could think of that I haven't seen mentioned are inFamous, Red Faction Guerrilla (Just dropped to 20) and Shatter (7.99) on the psn. As for trophy cards, I use eu.playstation.com for mine. Just sign in with your psn id and go to my portable id. You need to sign back in their anytime you want it to refresh your info.

Games that I recommend for the PS3...

Valkyria Chronicles
Little Big Planet
BlazBlue
Metal Gear Solid 3
Burn Out Paradise
The Blue Toad Murder Files (Yes laugh at this all you want, but like me, I enjoyed Professor Layton on the DS, and this is the closest you'll get to Professor Layton on a Non-Nintendo Console, Plus added British-ness rules!)
Pixel Junk Shooter
Fat Princess
Soldner X

Don't Post your trophycard in your sig if you like. No one clicks on those...they are mainly to show people what you have accomplished so its not a big deal if they don't. Let alone cares about them. Some people care about them and some don't, but since its your sig, you can do whatever the hell you want with it.

Figured I would correct it for him...

Last edited by a moderator:
mgs 4 is a great movie
not making fun of it either, i really enjoyed it and looking forward to that rayden stuff coming up. :)

[quote name='msriflegirl']Don't Post your trophycard in your sig if you like. No one clicks on those...they are mainly to show people what you have accomplished so its not a big deal if they do. Let alone cares about them. Some people care about them and some don't, but some don't but since its your sig, you can do whatever the hell you want with it.

Figured I would correct it for him...[/QUOTE]

Damn right. fuck that guy.

Get a headset ASAP. I hate people without headsets on PSN
5.gif

bread's done
Back