Finally Got my 360!

dbrev42

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, I've had a Wii for the longest time, but I hated it. I'm more of a hardcore gamer. I have the arcade system and Midnight Club LA...and it's awesome! I will be getting a network adapter soon, and will have XBL..can't wait! Xbox 360 is awesome!:cool:

I got an Elite about 18 months ago, very happy with it. My wife bought me a Wii for Xmas: played Mario a bit, but it just sits mostly. Nothing special about it. Very disappointed in Nintendos offereings.

Yeah Wii pretty much just sat there, so I traded it and all of its crap into gamestop, and bought my 360.

You should've sold it on Craigslist! You would've at least gotten 80% of what you paid for it.

Congratulations on the 360, welcome to the REAL light side. :D

A few games you should pick up, that goes without saying usually:
Gears of War
Dead Rising
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 or 2
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4
Mass Effect
Bioshock

New games that I love:
Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter 4
Star Ocean The Last Hope

Also, try to find a 20gb hard drive on Ebay or craigslist. I got my 60gb Live Starter Kit for $70 at Circuit City. You might be able to use the Dell 20% off coupon to get it on Dell for $80.

If you are still looking for a wireless adaptor, I highly recommend using a linksys wmb54g wireless bridge. They can be found on amazon marketplace and ebay for less than half the price of the microsoft adaptor. I use one. It works well and is easy to set up.

[quote name='willardhaven']CoD 4 is necessary... I generally hate FPS games and I love it.[/quote]
See, I was the opposite. I love shooters, and thought COD4 was garbage.

Oblivion not so much. It really is a taster's game. I couldn't get a taste for it no matter what platform I tried it on. Funny I felt the same way about Fallout 3. Sometimes, a game having TOO much freedom is a bad thing, you never feel obligated to find the next step, or sometimes it's not as clear knowing where to go.
I would say rent it first.

[quote name='NamelessMC']Oblivion not so much. It really is a taster's game. I couldn't get a taste for it no matter what platform I tried it on. Funny I felt the same way about Fallout 3. Sometimes, a game having TOO much freedom is a bad thing, you never feel obligated to find the next step, or sometimes it's not as clear knowing where to go.
I would say rent it first.[/quote]

Fair enough.

bread's done
Back