Finally moving to Blu Ray.

Check Big Lots if you're near one. I saw a Phillips one there yesterday for about $45...it even had Netflix.

I would love to just get a PS3. I just don't have the $200 for it. Thanks M6oo, I do have a big lots. I might go by there tomorrow to look.

Also, what are you using the player for? Are you going to play games, connect to social media, stream videos, and stuff like that? Or are you planning on using it as a glorified DVD player?

YMMV on Big Lots...I was at a different one today and they didn't have the same player...just some refurb Toshibas for ~$80

I would really only use it to play movies unless i found one with wifi cheap enough then i would stream pandora.

Walmart and Target have some for $60-$70 but do not have WiFi built in. They do have ethernet ports usually, though.

I would love to just get a PS3. I just don't have the $200 for it. Thanks M6oo, I do have a big lots. I might go by there tomorrow to look.
I have to agree with the PS3 thing. I have a standalone blu ray player and I don't know that the PS3 is "better" than it but if you have neither a PS3 nor a Blu Ray player then a PS3 makes a whole lot of sense. If you don't have a ton of extra cash to spare, just hold onto what you have and save maybe 20 to 40 a month (however much you can swing in that range) and on Black Friday a PS3 bundle is certain to come in at 200 or less. It just makes a lot of sense to do it that way. I mean, last year they were 200 so this year they definitely will be too....if not 100 or 150. I mean look at that bundle, it comes with 4 awesome games. AND THAT WAS LAST YEAR. I can't imagine what you're going to be able to get this year. Scroll down for the PS3 bundle.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/16/exclusive-black-friday-deals-for-ps3-and-ps-vita/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have thought about waiting too. Recently I have won $25 in amazon gift cards mostly from swagbucks. I thought about using my bing rewards for more amazon gc. maybe i could save up enough.

Just wait and if you read about some games for PS3 between now and then that are cheap pick them up.  For example you can get the Jak and Daxter collection (3 games in it) for $10 at GameStop right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to save for a PS3. Now does anybody know of some wireless speakers that I could take outside but be playing what is on my tv?

I am going to save for a PS3. Now does anybody know of some wireless speakers that I could take outside but be playing what is on my tv?
Good plan, I'm glad you're taking my advice. You won't regret your decision. You've waited this long, why not wait a few more months and get a PS3 and a Blu Ray player and like I said, you can always pick up the great deals between now and then and just hold onto them.

As for Wireless speakers, I've never actually purchased anything like that. When I bought my surround sound I was looking at some with wireless rear speakers but you still had to plug them in and there was a receiver device that they both had to plug into so I didn't bother with them.

bread's done
Back