finding a part time job

rly723

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
so i'm going to school, but am looking a for a part time job primarily at nights. Unfortunately I dont have much work experience other than being involved in the family business and our real estate, properties, etc. Dont have much experience in customer service, office environment, etc. Ive been doing some research and am considering UPS/Fed Ex, hotels, etc. What are some suggestions for part time night jobs?

stockboy at a toy store (fun mindless job and if you are into toys, its awesome to be able to pick through them before they hit the shelves. And you can use this to supplement your earnings by selling hot and short packed toys on evilBay or some shit) or you can go with the standby of easy money by selling pot

[quote name='rly723']so i'm going to school, but am looking a for a part time job primarily at nights. Unfortunately I dont have much work experience other than being involved in the family business and our real estate, properties, etc. Dont have much experience in customer service, office environment, etc. Ive been doing some research and am considering UPS/Fed Ex, hotels, etc. What are some suggestions for part time night jobs?[/QUOTE]

Don't downplay your experiences at your previous jobs.

I would suggest a temp job if you can? If not, a lot of retail stores are hiring for the upcoming holiday season. Just keep in mind that if you do apply for retail, expect to find another job between December 23- Jan 1.

It's pretty easy to get a telemarketing job, especially for evenings. Guess it depends on whether you can stomach that kind of work or not.

Like previously suggested, you can try to get a job as a temp at some place you would imagine working in a few years or as a career. I'd be very careful about the kind of hours they give you, or lackthereof. (as was the case for me)

Selling grass is always a good choice. I would also support tech support, or customer service.

My boss says everyone should work at burger king once in their lives so that they can learn to mop floors, deal with drunk people, and learn to hate their asshole of a boss early... but fuck that. Go work at a cushy call center. You'll learn all of the above, except you'll be mopping up the mistakes some moron made when he reset his modem.

[quote name='mrelusive']It's pretty easy to get a telemarketing job, especially for evenings. Guess it depends on whether you can stomach that kind of work or not.

Like previously suggested, you can try to get a job as a temp at some place you would imagine working in a few years or as a career. I'd be very careful about the kind of hours they give you, or lackthereof. (as was the case for me)[/QUOTE]Yeah, I've seen telemarketing jobs that get paid good, but since I have a tiny fear of calling up strangers (or talking to them), I could never do it (plus I hate telemarketers myself calling me).

I could use a job right now, due to having very little money right now (which is why I can't buy many games, have to deal with headaches since I can't afford getting my vision checked, don't eat much due to money, etc.). I don't have a vehicle with me at college, so that makes finding a job a bit harder. I use to work for a Professor, but since he decided to do all the grading himself, I'm out of a job.

Selling over 250 video games brought me in around $1.3k or something, but I have 40% of that left (and not sure what I'll do about 08).

Look under the part-time wanted section on Craigslist. There's a whole bunch of things people are looking for. Even search under Administration/Office for some part time clerical work. Though, that's probably a day job.

Craigslist CAN be useful in finding a job, or part time!

I'm not sure when you say part time if your looking for a few days a week, 4-6 hour shifts..or even less days..but 8 hour shifts.

Besides CL, another good option.. if this fits your schedule.. would be overnight stock. Basically, work on the floor at Target, Wal-Mart, your local supermarket, etc during the midnite shift a few days a week. The Target near me starts their overnighters at $12 an hour. STARTS at $12, so..that's pretty good for part time work

All through college I worked in different movie theaters. The pay was alright, not great, but the work was pretty easy. I usually worked nights until midnight or later if I wanted extra money. There was always extra work available if I wanted to stay longer for more money (like painting, repairing seat cushions, etc.)

While not the most prestigious job I've ever had, it was one of the most fun. You might want to think about that as an option.

bread's done
Back