[FINISHED] Cheap Ass Gamer $10,000+ GameStop Gift Card Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
would be nice to pick up some more M$ points.

do u need to comment in this each week? i had 8 tickets and it went down to 7....this should bounce it back up to 8.

[quote name='xxnike629xx']Agreed.

=D

When I was in middle school ~ high school, I went out to the mall often to go to GameStop. If I had money to buy something new, then I was lucky but I found myself having to resort to those awful trade-in's.

Not only were the trade-in credits horrible, they sometimes tried to sell me "gutted" copies of a game at full price.

>_>

I hate that.

That and:

- annoying people in the store
- annoying employees that often don't know what they're talking about
- poor quality used games (not to mention those stickers they put on the covers and somtimes on the actual box art)
- employees asking for all these dumb offers

Because of that, it's been YEARS AND YEARS since I visited GameStop (the store). I also haven't been doing any shopping with them online.

My alternative? Mainly Amazon and GameExpress. Awesome online retailers though I shop 99% of the time at Amazon.

I love their customer service, prices are always lower than the full retail price, no tax, great shipping, and they often have that thing where I pre-order a big name game and get $10 towards my next game related purchase from Amazon.

BUT!

With this contest, I managed to get those 8 "tickets" and I'm hoping I win. If I get a few, I might give some away to like a friend or a cousin who might want a game or something.

But in short...

1. I don't like GameStop and their business practices.
2. Freebies are fun.
3. I wouldn't mind buying stuff from GameStop if I didn't have to pay my own money. I mean who doesn't like freebies?

=P[/QUOTE]

I was walking through a mall one day and decided to browse the GameStop just to see what was out. Some guy was trying to convince this older couple (grandparents?) that they needed to pre-order Mario Party for the Wii because it would be impossible to find when it came out. Of course, this was back in the days where Wii games were plentiful because the Wii itself was impossible to find. Never mind that he was trying to claim MARIO PARTY would sell out.

I thought I had already posted here, but I guess I didn't. It's nice to see GameStop actually trying to get people like us CAGs in with their deals.

Hm...I thought I'd commented in this thread previously...says I didn't...so...here I am commenting in the thread (note to self in case it happens again: page 265 :p ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back