FINISHED - CoD5 Beta Key Contest

lolwut?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
I have one CoD5 beta key that expires tomorrow (or today, if you want to get technical), and seeing as how I got no luck trading it, I figured I might as well give it away. The only thing you have to do is correctly guess my favorite game of all time. A few hints:

• It's from a highly-regarded series
  • It has received many awards (GotY, Best in Show, etc.)
  • It was on the last gen of consoles, as well as this one
  • It's the most current one of the series
  • It made some bold gameplay changes from its predecessors
First one to guess correctly gets the code. Good luck :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously did you guys even read his post or are you just blurting any game that pops in your head?

Final Fantasy VII? I don't believe it's the latest in the series

Call of Duty 4? Umm I don't remember that coming out on last gen systems.

Resident Evil 4 and Half-Life 2 are the only 2 answers given that have a shot

both appeared on this gen and last gen, both are the latest entries technically, both received numerous awards and are highly acclaimed series and both had significant gameplay changes, RE4 was more action oriented with the over the shoulder view, HL2 made heavy use of vehicles and the gravity gun.

If I had to guess though I'd probably go with Resident Evil 4.

Final Fantasy IV.

I know it's not the latest in terms of numbering (we're up to XIII), but it's the latest in terms of remakes of the FF series. And I have no clue if it got any big awards, but it's a guess. *shrugs*

Either that or MGS4, but other people already guessed that so I'm throwing a new game into the mix. :)

[quote name='roymustang']Seriously did you guys even read his post or are you just blurting any game that pops in your head?

Final Fantasy VII? I don't believe it's the latest in the series
[/quote]

Perhaps you haven't heard of a little game called Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII? And last gen's edition would have been "Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII"...

Alphakir, those are two different games. He's not saying that the series has been on previous gens, he's saying that the specific game has.

And besides, your answer was "Final Fantasy VII", which everyone's first thought would be that game, not its whole mini-series.

[quote name='AlphakirA']
Perhaps you haven't heard of a little game called Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII? And last gen's edition would have been "Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII"...
[/quote]

Perhaps you don't know that those are completely different games and thus completely irrelevant, and that obviously when he said last gen and this gen he didn't mean portables.

I don't know what's more depressing: your comment or the fact that even after my post like 90% of the answers given still didn't meet the OP's criteria at all. Of the new answers only Zelda: Twilight Princess meets the criteria.

[quote name='the_deliverator']I'll go with Resident Evil 4[/quote]

Correct, you win!

Haha, it's ok Roymustang, they can guess whatever they want, even if it doesn't make much sense.

The Deliverator, you've got a PM

[quote name='roymustang']
I don't know what's more depressing: your comment or the fact that even after my post like 90% of the answers given still didn't meet the OP's criteria at all. [/quote]

Probably the fact that you feel so butthurt about this. Probably that.

bread's done
Back