Finished Japanese PSP Game Packaging (Ridge Racer, Kollon, more..)

nixts

CAGiversary!
Several companies have released finished box art for their upcoming PSP titles in Japan, here's a taste:

Minna no Golf Portable
img10071061768.gif

Rengoku
img10071051476.jpeg

Ridge Racer
img10071061873.gif

Mahjong Fight Club
img10071051457.jpeg

Need for Speed Underground: Rivals
img10071065444.gif

Dokodemo Issho
img10071061775.gif

Kotoba no Puzzle
img10071061869.gif

Kollon
img10071061877.gif

Mahjong Taikai
img10071061748.gif

I think it's funny how a lot of Japanese developers make it seem like we're (Americans) so easy to entertain if, say, there's a movie license involved. Then think about how many totally pointless and trivial games Japan has on its shelves.

Damn I want a PSP......I hope it comes out at the beginning of 2005....I dont know how long I can wait.
BTW awesome pics of the game boxes.

[quote name='zewone']How much cooler is Japanese game cases than the U.S.'s? A lot.[/quote]

I think that's one of those facts that is just a part of a US gamer's life.

[quote name='XboxMaster']I think it's funny how a lot of Japanese developers make it seem like we're (Americans) so easy to entertain if, say, there's a movie license involved. Then think about how many totally pointless and trivial games Japan has on its shelves.[/quote] #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

[quote name='whoknows']Damn I want a PSP......I hope it comes out at the beginning of 2005....I dont know how long I can wait.
BTW awesome pics of the game boxes.[/quote]

It'll be here in March, or so Sony claims - I don't see any reason why this would be an unreasonable estimate, though. I'd expect maybe March 21st, since that's when the PS2 was released in Japan, but I could be off.

Those cases look big - anyone know the actual size?

And how much is the psp gonna be? I am not getting one. Just curious.

I dont think a 56k warning is needed I finished loaing all the pics before I even got to the bottom of the thread here at Mr. Anderson's last post.

Also: Spoo, if you think that cover is bad, just remember it could get WORSE if it gets a US release. Though I have to say there has been a steady improvment in cover art here.. or atleast more use of he original covers though it's still not a 100% turn over.

The problem is a lot of Japanese covers, while they look badass, dont sufficiently advertize the game in the way that north american advertising people think they need to be.

Rengoku movie
http://www.hudson.co.jp/gamenavi/gamedb/softinfo/rengoku/movie02.html

bread's done
Back