Fire Emblem: Awakening - $34.96 @ Amazon

[quote name='MSUHitman']I literally just bought this on Wednesday. What's the best option to try to get my $5 back if possible?[/QUOTE]

Amazon will refund the difference within 14 days with no problem. I did it myself today.

[quote name='JKSonic']why waste three soldiers to take out a healer when those same three soldiers could take out one or two of your strongest guys? THEN you go for the healer. Either way, you certainly wouldn't take soldiers off their own battles en masse to pursue a healer.[/QUOTE]

If it makes it any better, if your healer was out of range but a normal fighting character who's been greatly weakened is near, they'll leave their battles to attack him, too. They're just trying to kill someone on your team, as "keeping everyone alive" is sort of the unwritten goal of the series historically. If they can kill someone on your team, historically that would probably lead to restarting the level. Less meaningful with a casual mode in place, but the longterm fans probably aren't playing casual mode much.

[quote name='JKSonic']It just grows tiresome is all but like I said, then every battle boils down to the exact same thing. There's very little room for strategy or improvisation.[/QUOTE]

Understanding the motivation of the enemy and using it to your advantage is part of strategy. For example, you can place your healer as a lure for the one enemy character that can reach a particular spot on the map, which will draw him away from the bigger group. Then you can attack him once he separates from the pack. Heal your healer and repeat to whittle down the enemy. Divide and conquer.

[quote name='gooflee']My concern for waiting too long for the price to drop any more is because of the scarcity of the game. Nintendo could stop making physical copies at any time with little to no warning, and continue the game's lifespan digitally; maximizing the profits for them.[/QUOTE]

I am more inclined to agree with this as well. This will likely be one of the better prices seen for a while and Nintendo very rarely overproduces copies it forecasts to sell in limited, niche quantities. Look at the going prices of Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)and Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii). You can also see that the current prices of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GameCube) and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii) are well above what their MSRP was upon their release.

Of course, now that Nintendo has started doing digital distribution the rarity of physical copies will no longer be a barrier to people wanting to play Fire Emblem: Awakening at a reasonable price. I wish that the game license was tied to a Nintendo Network ID or Club Nintendo Account instead of the physical 3DS console, but I will still gladly take incremental improvements to their online experience.

[quote name='bshirk']DS Fire Emblem eventually hit $15, so I'll wait.[/QUOTE]

That's probably a bad idea. I understand that, since I bought Shadow Dragon for $5 in a Wal-Mart bin. But it went back up. 3DS games are persistent on their price, too. So I highly doubt this will ever come close to $15.

[quote name='fei33']I am more inclined to agree with this as well. This will likely be one of the better prices seen for a while and Nintendo very rarely overproduces copies it forecasts to sell in limited, niche quantities. Look at the going prices of Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)and Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii). You can also see that the current prices of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GameCube) and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii) are well above what their MSRP was upon their release.

Of course, now that Nintendo has started doing digital distribution the rarity of physical copies will no longer be a barrier to people wanting to play Fire Emblem: Awakening at a reasonable price. I wish that the game license was tied to a Nintendo Network ID or Club Nintendo Account instead of the physical 3DS console, but I will still gladly take incremental improvements to their online experience.[/QUOTE]

I've mentioned this in another thread but Fire Emblem Awakening seems to have been marketed/advertised most all FE games in NA and probably the most of recent 3/ds games aside from Mario/Zelda/Pokemon. Kid Icarus Uprising probably had more though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Shadow Dragon for $13 or so but I paid full price for this one. I bought it when there was that major backorder period. I don't regret it. $34.99 is a good price for people who haven't bought it.

Heck, I may get one just to get the perfect characters.

Was thinking of price matching at Best Buy, but used some amazon gift cards I had to bring the price down alittle. Hate that they charge me tax now though, but I guess that couldn't have lasted forever

bread's done
Back