Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

Still mad it had to be pre-installed, otherwise I probably would have went against my better judgement to buy it.

Thanks Nintendo for raising my hype and simultaneously killing it

[quote name='dgwillia006']Still mad it had to be pre-installed, otherwise I probably would have went against my better judgement to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it kills it for me but since it's been confirmed, how likely will this be a particular chain store exclusive? As others have noted, would be good to get it from BB but I can be ok with GS too as I have tons of credit at both.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Still mad it had to be pre-installed, otherwise I probably would have went against my better judgement to buy it.

Thanks Nintendo for raising my hype and simultaneously killing it[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I would have been seriously tempted to buy this if it came with the actual game even though I just bought a purple 3DS. Ah well, I'm not complaining.

[quote name='predseth']Confirmed by the big N on twitter: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/289836835327324162[/QUOTE]

Yep. Looks like that's $200 or so out of my pocket. Man, this will be the first 3DS or DS I will ever own. Kind of excited about it. Despite the fact I don't have as much time as I used to when I was younger to play games.

Now its a matter of whether or not I can stay committed to this til Feb 4th, lol.

Unbelievable how many Nintendo fanboys will continually re-buy handhelds just for new colors or patterns. Seems like a big waste of money. But I guess Nintendo counts on that fact to increase hardware sales.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Unbelievable how many Nintendo fanboys will continually re-buy handhelds just for new colors or patterns. Seems like a big waste of money. But I guess Nintendo counts on that fact to increase hardware sales.[/QUOTE]

Well if your a fan of the series, having a special console is pretty awesome. And for this one, it'll likely become pretty rare considering the series

[quote name='chimpmeister']Unbelievable how many Nintendo fanboys will continually re-buy handhelds just for new colors or patterns. Seems like a big waste of money. But I guess Nintendo counts on that fact to increase hardware sales.[/QUOTE]

I'll take rebuying for new colors over rebuying for red ring.

[quote name='Green Card200']If its $200 I'm going to be so pissed when I buy it.[/QUOTE]
It probably is going to be $200. Why would they sell it for $169.99 and give the game away for free? The game is a new release, not a year old like super mario 3d land or mario kart 7.

[quote name='htz']It probably is going to be $200. Why would they sell it for $169.99 and give the game away for free? The game is a new release, not a year old like super mario 3d land or mario kart 7.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it looks like it will be $200 if the Zelda bundle is any indication. That is disappointing. Sony released the AC3/COD bundle for MSRP and I hoped Nintendo would do the same. I want my $10 EShop card/physical copy then!

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know, Sony and Microsoft fanboys seem to do the same. I have several friends that have traded-in perfectly working Xbox 360s to get the Halo or other branded versions and I know a couple of Vita owners that went from the regular Vita to the white version. While I think Nintendo fanboys may upgrade their handhelds more frequently because of regular hardware upgrades, they certainly are not alone in wanting branded and unique versions of their favorite hardware.

Still a better buy than a Neo Geo X Gold or second Vita.

[quote name='bojay1997']I don't know, Sony and Microsoft fanboys seem to do the same. I have several friends that have traded-in perfectly working Xbox 360s to get the Halo or other branded versions and I know a couple of Vita owners that went from the regular Vita to the white version. While I think Nintendo fanboys may upgrade their handhelds more frequently because of regular hardware upgrades, they certainly are not alone in wanting branded and unique versions of their favorite hardware.[/QUOTE]
I am guilty of doing this.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well if your a fan of the series, having a special console is pretty awesome. And for this one, it'll likely become pretty rare considering the series[/QUOTE]

only RARE if you keep it sealed.. i dont think the zelda
system even fetch what they cost if you opened them

When Mario 3ds XL bundle came out, it was (and is) the same price as the stand-alone ($199.99). We may get a normal 3DS MSRP on this one.

[quote name='predseth']When Mario 3ds XL bundle came out, it was (and is) the same price as the stand-alone ($199.99). We may get a normal 3DS MSRP on this one.[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right but even at $10 or $20, i'd be ok with it. $30 would give me pause. Awww who am I kidding, I'm gonna buy it anyway.

By the way, the zelda bundle was a GS and BB exclusive. I think BB had it for $179 and GS had it for $199.

Also, guys, don't feed the chimptroll. All dude ever does is go into nintendo threads and starts crap.

I'm tempted to buy this, but I have a strong feeling that Nintendo will unveil the 3DS refresh that looks more like its XL big brother by E3, and I'd be kicking myself.

[quote name='CheapAssGameBoy']HOLY F***

Looks like I'll have to sell my Zelda 3ds for it...[/QUOTE]
now that is a decision i cant fathom

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Still a better buy than a Neo Geo X Gold or second Vita.

I am guilty of doing this.[/QUOTE]

You could make money from the white vita if you got it from the Amazon deal.

Terribly excited by this. Kicking myself for having sold my old Ambassador OG 3DS so I can't transfer all of my sweet games to this new one.

But are the XLs really all that much better than the OGs? Other than the bigger screen real estate?

[quote name='Knightbloom']Terribly excited by this. Kicking myself for having sold my old Ambassador OG 3DS so I can't transfer all of my sweet games to this new one.

But are the XLs really all that much better than the OGs? Other than the bigger screen real estate?[/QUOTE]

For me, the buttons just feel better. Had to exchange my first 3DS because the D-Pad didnt even work properly.

The D-Pad on mine always seemed so squeaky/flimsy too, not having that problem with my XL. Also, hitting the sweet spot in 3D seems a lot easier now for me

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ugh, if it were an XL I'd buy in a heartbeat. But I just cant go back to that small screen, no matter how badly I want.[/QUOTE]

Word. I have a 3DS and while I like it, I can't help looking back at my DSi XL and thinking that I should've waited on the 3DS. This bundle in XL would probably push me to ditch my purple 3DS and upgrade.

[quote name='Knightbloom']Terribly excited by this. Kicking myself for having sold my old Ambassador OG 3DS so I can't transfer all of my sweet games to this new one.

But are the XLs really all that much better than the OGs? Other than the bigger screen real estate?[/QUOTE]

Isn't it also nearly double estimated battery life?

[quote name='confoosious']lol. Sorry if 4 points that are completely accurate constitute trolling. :roll:

If you want to dispute any of the points I made above, please feel free. However, if all you're gonna do is accuse me of trolling without any basis, then go pound sand.[/QUOTE]
It wasn't about the 4 points, and you're always the pessimist of a lot of threads, from what I've read. So, yes, it does constitute as a troll.

Don't worry, I pound sand every day, just as you bite off your finger nails when you don't agree with someone. :roll:

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yes, because a couple of forum threads are indicative of what the gaming population as a whole want.

I've come to the conclusion that anyone who uses the word troll now is on the losing side of the argument.[/QUOTE]
And, I could come to the conclusion that anyone who begins with a cynical response is on the losing side of contributing to a valid point or even society. There was no argument to begin with, so settle down.

As for the Fire Emblem bundle, I do wish this was XL since I wanted my first [3DS] to be a LE. Like others, I also wish the game came as a hard copy so if I do decide to get the next gen "DS," I could play it there without having to rely on third party gadgets. In the end, I'll probably still buy this because it looks beautiful and I enjoy the series like others here.

Well if its MSRP at around $160 I can finally justify getting it, the crummy color choices have helped me hold out, but I can finally say it's one i'd like to own, however I might buy two, one to keep sealed, but if it IS $200 forget it maybe just one to collect, with the sales they had on em recently If its for personal use I can hold out for another, also when the new consoles are announced released expect a price drop.

seriously this is the only game I want to play on 3DS right now. ideally i want to play the native Japanese version but $500 from play-asia... you got to be kidding me :(

[quote name='Wetrix']It wasn't about the 4 points, and you're always the pessimist of a lot of threads, from what I've read. So, yes, it does constitute as a troll.
[/QUOTE]

I'm a pessimist? I'm the ultimate motherfucking optimist. I love most games and say more against the ridiculous tide of haters on CAG than anyone else.

You should check your facts. Or maybe look up the word pessimist. Unless they changed the definition to "has little tolerance for people talking out of their asses," I am not a pessimist.

Don't come in here and accuse me of being a troll, then say that being pessimistic is being a troll. Do you know what trolling even is?

[quote name='Wetrix']It wasn't about the 4 points, and you're always the pessimist of a lot of threads, from what I've read. So, yes, it does constitute as a troll.

Don't worry, I pound sand every day, just as you bite off your finger nails when you don't agree with someone. :roll:

And, I could come to the conclusion that anyone who begins with a cynical response is on the losing side of contributing to a valid point or even society. There was no argument to begin with, so settle down.

As for the Fire Emblem bundle, I do wish this was XL since I wanted my first [3DS] to be a LE. Like others, I also wish the game came as a hard copy so if I do decide to get the next gen "DS," I could play it there without having to rely on third party gadgets. In the end, I'll probably still buy this because it looks beautiful and I enjoy the series like others here.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to spend some time doing research into what a troll is. Nintendonly is the ultimate troll sharing such gems as that military personnel are overpaid moochers always demanding discounts. Nintendonly is also trolling in this thread by posting a deal and then promptly criticizing both Nintendo and anyone who could possibly prefer a 3DS to a 3DSXL. All Confoosious did was to point out why this is likely a 3DS instead of a 3DSXL and basically defended the deal. No trolling on his part at all.

As for the Fire Emblem bundle, I do wish this was XL since I wanted my first [3DS] to be a LE. Like others, I also wish the game came as a hard copy so if I do decide to get the next gen "DS," I could play it there without having to rely on third party gadgets. In the end, I'll probably still buy this because it looks beautiful and I enjoy the series like others here.[/QUOTE]

So you jump to use the word troll, use that stupid ass rolling eyes smiley, and then over-react and say you think I don't contribute to society based on a single response to you. Yep, I know your type.

For the last time guys, stop saying it should of been an XL. This came out in Japan before the XL was revealed that's why It's not an XL. The only XL I'll pick up would be that sweet Charizard XL or the Pikachu XL

[quote name='GBAstar']Any idea when this will be put up for sale?

I was at two gamestops today and neither one had any idea.[/QUOTE]

I believe the game comes out first week of february. So no earlier than the game's street date. I really want it, but I'm planning on upgrading my pc a couple months after that. :( I really wanted this LE too. Might have to just bite.

There's not much time until the game releases, right (February 4th, from the looks of it). I'm a little surprised they announced the bundle so near the game's launch, and it doesn't look like they're giving anyone a large window of opportunity for grabbing it beforehand, either.

I hope some retailer puts 'em up for preorder soon - I'd feel antsy if it was something you couldn't and i had to run around to find before it disappeared forever (unless I felt like paying $400).

bread's done
Back