Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

I was able to preorder the game last Sunday, the clerk said I had ordered in plenty of time and would be getting one for sure. I guess the hardcore are looking for a good long game to play on the 3DS.

As far as the pikachu 3dsxl I am not really a fan since its white on the bottom and that will surely get filthy dirty with the matte finish. It would be good if I had an extra $200 to spend and didn't mind keeping it for collectibility only in the box but that kind of defeats the point of a gaming system. Overall though its not one I would want as a system to play games on and carry around.

[quote name='krashhole']Would have been better if it was a XL[/QUOTE]

Nah, the original 3DS is much classier, thus more suited to this game.

You guys are making me nervous now. I planned on walking in to BB tomorrow and dropping $5 on it, but it sounds like the game may be in short supply. I might have to make a trade tomorrow so I can do store pickup and pay it in full. I think the demo changed a lot of people's minds about passing this one up.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just fail, apparently Nintendo underproduced the game or something. GS had to take down the pre-order for just the standard (And somehow not the system?)

Figures it'd happen the night before I was going to preorder[/QUOTE]

The bundle actually comes with a digital copy, so if the problem is that the quantity of FE:A carts was under-produced that shouldn't actually affect the number of 3DS bundles available.

Would Nintendo massively under-produce a game so as to encourage more downloads? If so, they would only take the risk on a game for hardcore gamers, because they are most likely to use the eshop compared to other demographics. I bet the cartridge is rare for a little while (i.e. Pokemon Conquest) before being readily available.

[quote name='Ryouko']Tried to pre-order the game in store this morning, and no-go. :/ Game pre-orders are definitely sold out. Bummer![/QUOTE]
What?! How could they possibly not have this thing made en masse? Glad I got mine in yesterday

Might be better off walking into target or Walmart on release day and hoping they have a copy if there are no preorders elsewhere. I am guessing that a lot of people probably preordered in the last week or so after playing the demo. I am also guessing that pretty much everyone who isn't a kid and who has a 3DS probably preordered this game, some kids are probably getting this too but it's not really a game they tend to buy en masse. Evidently there are a lot more adults with a 3DS than I originally thought.

That or Nintendo just didnt expect it to do this well, and didnt produce enough copies. Don't remember ever seeing anything of this sort happen to any other standard game in recent time

Every FE game tends to get a little rare after awhile. Maybe this one will do it before it even comes out.

Just got back from GS from pre-ordering the bundle, and yep, out of stock for the physical copies. Does that mean it'll be rare? I mean at least until they reprint it of course.

Wait the retail game and the bundle have sold out in gamestop?
Good thing I pre ordered when I had the chance a couple of weeks ago. It's my most anticipated 3DS game next to X&Y

I talked to the wife and went ahead and ordered just the game from Best Buy with in store pickup. I have a feeling the preorder button will be grayed out very soon. I've never seen this on amazon before. Crazy.

Potential Shipping Delay
Delivery of Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-orders may be affected by manufacturer shipping delays . Amazon apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.

The game is still available for pre order at Amazon, however with a shipping delay. Glad I got mine in last week!

When I preordered the game in-store at GS, the clerk was telling me how awesome the game looks and how he's been playing the older ones to catch up (right on.) Seems like with this game, the series is really catching on. Considering Smash Bros. and the fact that this is the 6th game to get an official US release, I'd say it's about time.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']When I preordered the game in-store at GS, the clerk was telling me how awesome the game looks and how he's been playing the older ones to catch up (right on.) Seems like with this game, the series is really catching on. Considering Smash Bros. and the fact that this is the 6th game to get an official US release, I'd say it's about time.[/QUOTE]

Roy and Marth opened the floodgates. Too bad we didnt get Sword of Seals though

[quote name='dgwillia006']Roy and Marth opened the floodgates. Too bad we didnt get Sword of Seals though[/QUOTE]

At least there's fan translations for every single game in the series out there. I remember nearly dying of joy after discovering Sword of Seals/Binding Blade's so many years ago. It's a shame that it wasn't quite as good gameplay-wise as its sequel (which, when you think about it, makes sense).

...not to mention Roy was one of the weakest, most useless Lords I've ever seen. Stupid late-game promotion.

I called 2 of my local gamestops today and asked if they were still taking preorders for the game and if the art book was gonna be included and both told me yes.

If people are still interested in the artbook particularly, I would definitely try and actually go in-store.

[quote name='Domo7']I called 2 of my local gamestops today and asked if they were still taking preorders for the game and if the art book was gonna be included and both told me yes.

If people are still interested in the artbook particularly, I would definitely try and actually go in-store.[/QUOTE]

might tomorrow or thursday if shot down shot down i just rent it off gamefly

[quote name='dgwillia006']Roy and Marth opened the floodgates. Too bad we didnt get Sword of Seals though[/QUOTE]

Honestly, you didn't miss much. I feel like it was one of the weaker games in the series. Blazing Sword was a much better introduction despite the ending scene, which was supposed to be a nod to the previous game, turning into a cliffhanger because we didn't know what was going on.

[quote name='codeblue']Honestly, you didn't miss much. I feel like it was one of the weaker games in the series. Blazing Sword was a much better introduction despite the ending scene, which was supposed to be a nod to the previous game, turning into a cliffhanger because we didn't know what was going on.[/QUOTE]

Actually I did play it and beat it, I was just sad we didnt get an actual release here.

But yeah, it did feel kind of weak compared to Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones, but it just felt weird considering Roy was pretty much the face of the series at the time (Along with Marth). And we still ended up getting Shadow Dragon

Sold out at Gamestop, at least. Not surprised, given the bonus they're toting. Still seeing it up for preorder at a few other places, though (Wal-Mart, Newegg, Target, Amazon, etc.).

It's worthwhile to note that, however, as others have already said, Amazon put a warning on their page a few days ago saying that they might have a delay in shipping, and Newegg has the release date listed as the 5th instead of the 4th.

Was able to go into GS yesterday afternoon and put a pre-order in for the bundle and the game. I was guaranteed an art book too by the assistant manager there. Maybe I should take her to dinner :p

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Sold out at Gamestop, at least. Not surprised, given the bonus they're toting. Still seeing it up for preorder at a few other places, though (Wal-Mart, Newegg, Target, Amazon, etc.).[/QUOTE]The bundle (with the bonus) appears to still be available on GS's website.

[quote name='JCrichton']The bundle (with the bonus) appears to still be available on GS's website.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the game by itself is no longer in the GS system for preorders.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah but the game by itself is no longer in the GS system for preorders.[/QUOTE]
Yep, that's why I specified it was the bundle.

I'm glad I got my two preorders in. I just want it for the art book honestly. Tomorrow I'll see if I can reserve a copy of The Last of Us Exclusive Collector's Edition and the Fire Emblem 3DS.

Wow.. that Fire emblem US trailer is horrible. Could the guy have sounded any more bored?

BTW: anyone know the best place to get some good hori screen protectors? Amazon doesn't have the newer ones, and HoriUSA seems to be out of stock. I definitely want to slap one on these things

[quote name='Kenshindono']Wow.. that Fire emblem US trailer is horrible. Could the guy have sounded any more bored?

BTW: anyone know the best place to get some good hori screen protectors? Amazon doesn't have the newer ones, and HoriUSA seems to be out of stock. I definitely want to slap one on these things[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the 3DS because I haven't opened my Zelda one yet but I"ve had good luck getting Hori protectors for my DS Lites and PSPs from Frys.

Just called the GameStops in Chardon and Westerville, OH (northeast and central Ohio) and neither of them are taking pre-orders on the game only anymore.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I'm guessing FE is about to get much more famous in the U.S. Dat Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei announcement.[/QUOTE]I'm very excited about that actually. I LOVE theSMT games and am just now really getting into Fire Emblem so this is so sweet for me! :) This will help both franchises grow in the U.S. hopefully.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']Unless I missed something, I don't see SMT x FE coming to North America. Both aren't very popular here.[/QUOTE]

Are you being sarcastic? Both franchises are niche titles, but both have had multiple games released on multiple platforms in the US and have both only become more popular over time. This will almost certainly be released in the US, even if it's through a niche publisher.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']Unless I missed something, I don't see SMT x FE coming to North America. Both aren't very popular here.[/QUOTE]

SMT has been growing like crazy in the U.S, Persona 4 Arena exceeded Atlus's expectations (And got high praise and awards), and Persona 4 Golden is sitting on a 94% at metacritic and is probably the Vita's best selling game.

If Atlus has a hand in it, I have no doubt that we will see the game. We are already getting Soul Hackers too. On the other hand, if Nintendo is calling the shots, I'll be a bit worried

[quote name='dgwillia006']I'm guessing FE is about to get much more famous in the U.S. Dat Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei announcement.[/QUOTE]

if what you say is indeed true, the only negative from this, is going to be tons of ppl buying it up just to resell it. lol

[quote name='Sgt Barone']Just called the GameStops in Chardon and Westerville, OH (northeast and central Ohio) and neither of them are taking pre-orders on the game only anymore.[/QUOTE]

I spoke with the manager at my local store and he said they already had their fire emblem alotment (physical games) and that it wasn't delayed but that they didn't have extras for general sale.

I already have it preordered but he said they only way people would be able to get it before a second shipment is released (if they didn't already have it preordered) to stores is if they purchase the 3DS bundle.

Maybe that is a way for Nintendo and Gamestop to move the console?

It was shown during both the Japaneese and English speaking Nintendo conference things today.

In the US it's GameStop exclusive, not sure about Canada.

Anyone know how soon Newegg or GameStop will try charging my debit card? Want to preorder a bundle now in case they start selling out too but the money won't be there until Monday or Tuesday.

bread's done
Back