Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

Just posting this but SMT Meets Fire Emblem SMT is true line SMT only. In Japan, Persona isn't SMT, Devil Survivor isn't SMT, etc. Digital isn't SMT. So, I'm guessing it has 1, 2, 3, 4, if..., Strange Journey, Nine mainly...maybe Devil Children...

I'm kind of hoping it's similar mood to Majintensei series.

Kinda pissed, called Gamestop earlier today and they told me I could preorder FE. Just got back from the same Gamestop and they said that it wasn't in the system (he said it was in the system this morning when I called). He did say I can try to call closer to the release date and see if they have any extra art books during the release and they may be able to put one to the side for me. Oh well, it was my fault for waiting.

[quote name='djricekcn']Just posting this but SMT Meets Fire Emblem SMT is true line SMT only. In Japan, Persona isn't SMT, Devil Survivor isn't SMT, etc. Digital isn't SMT. So, I'm guessing it has 1, 2, 3, 4, if..., Strange Journey, Nine mainly...maybe Devil Children...

I'm kind of hoping it's similar mood to Majintensei series.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering how the gameplay would work. I really hope it'd be more Fire Emblem style, but it'd be awesome if you could choose between the 2 battle systems somehow.

And as far as the artbook goes, I dont really care if I get it or not. When it comes closer to release date I'll check around to see if anyone got extras (I know the store I pre-ordered something else at said they'd keep an eye out for me). But it seems to have just the same pictures that Japanese one thats already been scanned has.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I'm wondering how the gameplay would work. I really hope it'd be more Fire Emblem style, but it'd be awesome if you could choose between the 2 battle systems somehow.

And as far as the artbook goes, I dont really care if I get it or not. When it comes closer to release date I'll check around to see if anyone got extras (I know the store I pre-ordered something else at said they'd keep an eye out for me). But it seems to have just the same pictures that Japanese one thats already been scanned has.[/QUOTE]

Hmm yeah doesnt hurt to try and check some stores on release day. Do you know how much the Japanese one is or how big it is (page wise)?

Question, would you essentially be able to sell the copy of the game that comes with the bundle? I mean the 4GB SD card isn't tied to an account right? If you just opened the box and removed the card should be fine right?

[quote name='Domo7']Hmm yeah doesnt hurt to try and check some stores on release day. Do you know how much the Japanese one is or how big it is (page wise)?[/QUOTE]

No idea, hadnt looked myself. I just saw some of the pictures scanned on a site, didnt want to spoil myself accidentally.

Loving the DLC characters though

[quote name='Cheska19']Question, would you essentially be able to sell the copy of the game that comes with the bundle? I mean the 4GB SD card isn't tied to an account right? If you just opened the box and removed the card should be fine right?[/QUOTE]

It's not possible. The installed game is tied to the console. For you to transfer it, you'd have to transfer your 3DS (the one with the game) system data to another 3DS.

As far as I've know and from what I've read elsewhere, the artbook that comes with US preorders has some, but not all, of the art that the Japanese one contains. From this, I'm assuming that the latter is worth much more, and larger.

I'm not expecting what we're getting to be worth much of anything, or something that I'd hang above my mantle. You know, something that's just a nice little bonus for the fans (like me).

That fire emblem 3ds actually looks good now that I have seen actual pictures of it, it is a different color than the aqua 3DS and it doesn't appear to have a metallic finish to it. It also looks to be very limited as the Zelda bundle was released pretty much everywhere but this you can only get at GS. From what I have seen in the past from GS each store only gets a few of these bundles maybe 5 or so, so I am guessing they will become hard to get very fast.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']As far as I've know and from what I've read elsewhere, the artbook that comes with US preorders has some, but not all, of the art that the Japanese one contains. From this, I'm assuming that the latter is worth much more, and larger.

I'm not expecting what we're getting to be worth much of anything, or something that I'd hang above my mantle. You know, something that's just a nice little bonus for the fans (like me).[/QUOTE]
There's no way it's the huge 300+ page artbook Japan has, that would be a miracle. Hopefully Udon Entertainment picks it up to translate, though.

I assume the artbook is a small one about the size of the DS case (from the picture on the GS website) or else I will be shipping a 300 page book to my friend in South Korea which will be quite expensive since the copy I ordered is really for my friend and not me but I may take a crack at it before I send it over.

After demoing a 3DS XL I went ahead and picked up an Aqua Blue 3DS at Best Buy and I'll pick up Fire Emblem the next time Best Buy does a B2G1 sale.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']After demoing a 3DS XL I went ahead and picked up an Aqua Blue 3DS at Best Buy and I'll pick up Fire Emblem the next time Best Buy does a B2G1 sale.[/QUOTE]

just wondering you did not like the XL? did you feel like the 3ds screen was small? i tried checking best buy the other day they only had a turned off 3dsxl, so their nothing for me too compare it to or see how graphics were

So I basically said the hell with it and ordered the bundle anyways. I'd hate to miss out on it because I was hesitating and I can always get my $25 deposit back if I need to.

[quote name='jimmywolf13']just wondering you did not like the XL? did you feel like the 3ds screen was small? i tried checking best buy the other day they only had a turned off 3dsxl, so their nothing for me too compare it to or see how graphics were[/QUOTE]

It's not that I didn't like the XL, it just didn't seem significantly better enough to spend $30 more on the bigger screen.

XL too heavy for me, I can see the screens just fine, gripping things is becoming a problem so I need whatever makes it easier for me to hold since the longer I can hold the system without hand pain the longer I can play. Also my main purpose is to play pokemon, and the regular 3ds will do that the same as the XL.

[quote name='blcklblskt']I believe the map is a free download for everyone regardless of where you buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is free for everyone when the game comes out.

They're not scamming; I don't see anywhere that it says the map is BB exclusive, and anyone who preorders from Best Buy will be as eligible to download it as anyone else. They're just advertising, and if it convinces people to buy it from them they've done their job.

They have the 3DS XL for $170 this week, which would mean you can get the physical game and the XL for only $10 more than the standard-sized bundle, and free shipping on both.

[quote name='FEGuy']They're not scamming; I don't see anywhere that it says the map is BB exclusive, and anyone who preorders from Best Buy will be as eligible to download it as anyone else. They're just advertising, and if it convinces people to buy it from them they've done their job.

They have the 3DS XL for $170 this week, which would mean you can get the physical game and the XL for only $10 more than the standard-sized bundle, and free shipping on both.[/QUOTE]

It is a bit misleading though, you have to admit. But atleast they are getting the word out about it. I sure as hell never heard about the DLC

I think Best Buy did something similar with another game, but I can't remember off the top of my head which one it was. Nintendo (or another website) did advertise that the map would be DLC for a limited time, however; most likely it will only be available for the initial week or month. I had no clue about Marth being part of the DLC.

Anyone know how it works doing a system transfer to a system that comes with a game pre-installed? Do I run the risk of overwriting it somehow, or can I just backup that memory card to my computer or something? I'm considering picking one of these up, but would want to transfer my data to it from my older launch system and not worry about deleting the game it comes with...

[quote name='Lazerack']Anyone know how it works doing a system transfer to a system that comes with a game pre-installed? Do I run the risk of overwriting it somehow, or can I just backup that memory card to my computer or something? I'm considering picking one of these up, but would want to transfer my data to it from my older launch system and not worry about deleting the game it comes with...[/QUOTE]

I'm on the same boat, and what I'm going to do is back up the SD Card from the bundle and my own SD card from my current 3DS to my computer just in case.

Then I'll do the 3DS transfer like normal. The pre-installed game will be deleted, everything on the targetted 3DS gets erased and overwritten with data from your previous 3DS. Once it's done, you'll need to re-download Fire Emblem: Awakening from the eShop.

At least, that's what I've been told how it'll work. Sounds easy enough.

[quote name='ProudLoz']I'm on the same boat, and what I'm going to do is back up the SD Card from the bundle and my own SD card from my current 3DS to my computer just in case.

Then I'll do the 3DS transfer like normal. The pre-installed game will be deleted, everything on the targetted 3DS gets erased and overwritten with data from your previous 3DS. Once it's done, you'll need to re-download Fire Emblem: Awakening from the eShop.

At least, that's what I've been told how it'll work. Sounds easy enough.[/QUOTE]

So the pre installed games register in the eShop to be downloaded again? That would be really convenient.

[quote name='Lazerack']So the pre installed games register in the eShop to be downloaded again? That would be really convenient.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the eShop goes by the console ID or something, so when you do the transfer both ID's will be merged into one, meaning that all your games from the previous 3DS and the target 3DS can be redownloaded.

However, I'm going to log on to the eShop and link my Club Nintendo account to the eShop so I can get the points for the Fire Emblem: Awakening game before I do the transfer.

For those interested, I did a little searching and found this post regarding transferring to a console with pre installed games on it.

Most importantly, this:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. It's great to hear of your interest in the Nintendo 3DS XL, and I can certainly understand your concerns. I'm pleased to confirm that when performing a system transfer from one Nintendo 3DS to another, the information from your old system is merged with the information on the new one. With this in mind, you will not lose the pre-installed copy of Mario Kart 7 on the new system.

In case you weren't already aware, it's important to keep in mind that the system transfer process requires that you have both systems in your possession. Additionally, they will both need to have an active Internet connection to facilitate the transfer. You can find more information on this process on our website:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...ransfer&submenu=ctr-gi-apps-transfer-overview

If you have any further questions or concerns, you're welcome to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Crystal L. Odam
Nintendo of America Inc.

[quote name='ProudLoz']Yeah, the eShop goes by the console ID or something, so when you do the transfer both ID's will be merged into one, meaning that all your games from the previous 3DS and the target 3DS can be redownloaded.

However, I'm going to log on to the eShop and link my Club Nintendo account to the eShop so I can get the points for the Fire Emblem: Awakening game before I do the transfer.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened with my 3dsXL with mario kart 7 pre-installed. Once you do a system transfer, the game will not be there (unless you already owned it), but you can re-initiate a download of the game back to your system. It must know based on your system that the game is included such that it allows you to download the game again.

[quote name='shivan128']Same thing happened with my 3dsXL with mario kart 7 pre-installed. Once you do a system transfer, the game will not be there (unless you already owned it), but you can re-initiate a download of the game back to your system. It must know based on your system that the game is included such that it allows you to download the game again.[/QUOTE]

confused with this... do you means that you can download the preinstalled game on both systems and play on both systems? the (unless you already owned it) confusing me i think

I presume he's saying that if you transfer stuff to a new DS that has game X preinstalled, you'll have to redownload game X after the transfer, unless the old DS also had a digital copy of game X, via either purchase or preinstallation. The old DS won't have access to that game anymore.

[quote name='blcklblskt']I believe the map is a free download for everyone regardless of where you buy the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Yeah it is free for everyone when the game comes out.[/QUOTE]

Ah, i was worried after seeing this. Thought i had to get a copy through BBY too. Is it a code or something everyone gets? Pre-order only, or just anyone who buys one? Just curious how you actually redeem it

Just want to verify: Marth comes with all copies too, right? Not just the map?

*edit*
Just heard while searching that it seems the game is[ B] NOT[/B] an actual packaged copy like the Zelda bundle or most other bundles. That its just a crappy digital copy on the system some shit like that? Is this confirmed for sure? Please tell me no. Im gonna be very pissed if thats the case, I wanted the case/manual. I planned on keeping my physical copy sealed and using the one that came with the system, but if its a shitty digital copy i have to open the regular retail version too! Ungh. Honestly if thats the case i may not even open the damn thing. Guess i'll just have 3 3DS systems im not opening/using. I swear im never playing a 3ds game at this rate

[quote name='62t']digital copy.[/QUOTE]

so no case or manual either? *facepalm* fuck you Nintendo, just fuck you. You release a collecters edition system bundle for a god damn RPG and you dont include a real copy of the game? RPG fans love a good manual, what the hell?

Now i got to decide if im even opening this piece of shit now. Maybe i'll just open one of the Zelda bundles or just say F it and go back to ignoring the 3DS altogether. *sigh*

Say: can you return a 3ds game without the case/manual at Gamestop? Maybe i can buy a copy when someone trades it in in a few weeks and just return the damn thing and keep the case/manual.

[quote name='Kenshindono']so no case or manual either? *facepalm* fuck you Nintendo, just fuck you. You release a collecters edition system bundle for a god damn RPG and you dont include a real copy of the game? RPG fans love a good manual, what the hell?

Now i got to decide if im even opening this piece of shit now. Maybe i'll just open one of the Zelda bundles or just say F it and go back to ignoring the 3DS altogether. *sigh*

Say: can you return a 3ds game without the case/manual at Gamestop? Maybe i can buy a copy when someone trades it in in a few weeks and just return the damn thing and keep the case/manual.[/QUOTE]

Wait why would you open the Zelda 3ds system? That thing would lost half its value if you open it. If you are a collector just buy another system and game to play.

[quote name='62t']Wait why would you open the Zelda 3ds system? That thing would lost half its value if you open it. If you are a collector just buy another system and game to play.[/QUOTE]

because i've now bought 3 systems and havent opened any. Zelda because i realized theyre valuable and cant bring myself to do it, and this because its a worthless piece of shit with no physical game, or even manual/case it seems. I've spent too much on games the last year and need to cut back this year. I'm either gonna have to open a Zelda bundle, or just say screw it and forget about the 3DS again. That later option sounds like the best, but i really wanted to play Fire Emblem, i love the series.

blea this ruined my fucking day, shouldn't have checked the boards before going to bed.

[quote name='Kenshindono']because i've now bought 3 systems and havent opened any. Zelda because i realized theyre valuable and cant bring myself to do it, and this because its a worthless piece of shit with no physical game, or even manual/case it seems. I've spent too much on games the last year and need to cut back this year. I'm either gonna have to open a Zelda bundle, or just say screw it and forget about the 3DS again. That later option sounds like the best, but i really wanted to play Fire Emblem, i love the series.

blea this ruined my fucking day, shouldn't have checked the boards before going to bed.[/QUOTE]

Why not sell your Zelda 3ds system, use the money to buy the fire emblem 3ds system and another 3ds to play? Or you can buy the fire emblem system and a new copy of the game. Problem solved?

[quote name='Kenshindono']so no case or manual either? *facepalm* fuck you Nintendo, just fuck you. You release a collecters edition system bundle for a god damn RPG and you dont include a real copy of the game? RPG fans love a good manual, what the hell?

Say: can you return a 3ds game without the case/manual at Gamestop? Maybe i can buy a copy when someone trades it in in a few weeks and just return the damn thing and keep the case/manual.[/QUOTE]

oh be quiet.

[quote name='Kenshindono']because i've now bought 3 systems and havent opened any. Zelda because i realized theyre valuable and cant bring myself to do it, and this because its a worthless piece of shit with no physical game, or even manual/case it seems. I've spent too much on games the last year and need to cut back this year. I'm either gonna have to open a Zelda bundle, or just say screw it and forget about the 3DS again. That later option sounds like the best, but i really wanted to play Fire Emblem, i love the series.

blea this ruined my fucking day, shouldn't have checked the boards before going to bed.[/QUOTE]

As a collector myself, I understand you frustration with the case/manual/cartridge not included like the zelda bundle. But at least it is still a bit better than a DLC code like some other games. But if you must play fire emblem, I would suggest getting a XL model and buy the game physically when cheap. This bundle is the standard 3ds model, it is really toward collectors really. But I do like the box art so I preorder one to keep sealed and hoping I will get the artbook from Gamestop. I have a blue XL 3ds to play all my other games.

According to a few sites and some employees, looks like the street date might be getting lifted and the game will get sold as stores get their shipment in.

I had a feeling this would happen the one time I didnt get a GS order in lol

There's been a lot of buzz about the street date being broken by EB Games in Canada, and it looks like other stores (including ones here in the good ol' USA) are going to follow suit when they get their shipments in.

I will say, though, that I just called the Gamestop I preordered the game from and the clerk said that the game was taken out of the system/didn't have a release date any longer. Told me to call back Friday night and that I can get a refund if I want to. I'm hoping he was just ignorant and that nothing's happened - I really want that art book.

[quote name='dgwillia006']According to a few sites and some employees, looks like the street date might be getting lifted and the game will get sold as stores get their shipment in.

I had a feeling this would happen the one time I didnt get a GS order in lol[/QUOTE]

Nintendo likes everyone to go in fresh when a new game comes out. It wouldn't surprise me if the release date was lifted after all this Canada stuff going on and info pouring out.

Yeah, definitely gonna keep my eyes open. Hoping to grab an copy at a GS if someone gets in extras in the area. Otherwise I just hope Best Buy breaks the street date too like the Canadian versions apparently are.

bread's done
Back