Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

Looks like the details on the art book were recently released. Here you guys go (stolen shamelessly from GameFAQs):

It's really short, only 16 pages. (But what do you expect, it's a pre order bonus lol)

The book includes artwork of the following characters:

Chrom
Marth
Sumia
Frederick
Lon'qu
Vaike
Sully
Cordelia
Nowi
Lissa
Cherche
Validar

In that order, each character has a page to themselves. There's also an introduction page, as well as that two page illustration of Chrom and Marth clashing with the red-ish background.

I was expecting more, but hey, it's nice and I can't complain because it's free :)

EDIT: A few pages from the book I just uploaded.

Introduction http://i.imgur.com/IICh9LX.jpg

Cherche http://i.imgur.com/PwCKLbK.jpg

Nowi http://i.imgur.com/KRh6Tx0.jpg

Cordelia http://i.imgur.com/e58NXfF.jpg

Lon'qu http://i.imgur.com/KDjOc9k.jpg

Marth http://i.imgur.com/Kf1pbtV.jpg

Sully http://i.imgur.com/K0jBvwl.jpg

Frederick http://i.imgur.com/cQMIQkT.jpg

I still want it. Badly. If my Gamestop messes this up somehow and I don't get it, I'm going to try to politely cancel my preorder and tell them how much I hate them.

Eh, I wouldnt feel so bad now if I missed out on that book. Some of the other free artbooks for games were much bigger/better.

Also, called 5 Gamestops in my area, not a single one was selling early. So I guess the info probably wont widely be spread around for another day or two

The "artbook" is definitely nothing to write home about, but how often do we get anything Fire Emblem-related? Like I've said, though, I'm a huge fan of the series.

Tried calling another Gamestop and got someone who didn't really know anything and simply told me that they didn't have any in after having me wait on the line a few minutes. Oh well. Guess I gotta be patient for now and try to focus on my classwork.

[quote name='prateeko']I'll be pissed if they break the street date and give away my art books given I preordered both game and system...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I also hope that's not the case. I won't be back in town until Weds.

Unless Gamestop has a history of breaking the street date there is nothing to worry about. No one wants to damage their relationship with Nintendo.

[quote name='62t']Why not sell your Zelda 3ds system, use the money to buy the fire emblem 3ds system and another 3ds to play? Or you can buy the fire emblem system and a new copy of the game. Problem solved?[/QUOTE]

Because im a collector. I never, ever sell any of my stuff. I've actually gotten about half a dozen PM's about this since i mentioned i have a few unopened zelda bundles. Let me state here, im not looking to trade or anything guys. Just debating which one if any i will even open. If i wanted to ditch a zelda bundle im sure i could get enough for the fire emblem and game and stuff.

I do appreciate the suggestion though. If i wasn't a collector thats probably what i would have done. In the end i will probably either just open the stupid Fire emblem one and a phycial copy of the game, or just leave everything sealed and go back to not playing/using a 3DS. Im thinking openeing one of the Zelda bundles would be pointless.

[quote name='confoosious']oh be quiet.[/QUOTE]

eat a dick. A god damn collectors edition bundle for a game like Fire Emblem kinda demands a physical copy. Its BS that were getting a shitty digital copy. Basically just looks like theyre trying to pawn off some old stock by slapping a little logo on a regular old 3DS

[quote name='typesdragon']As a collector myself, I understand you frustration with the case/manual/cartridge not included like the zelda bundle. But at least it is still a bit better than a DLC code like some other games. But if you must play fire emblem, I would suggest getting a XL model and buy the game physically when cheap. This bundle is the standard 3ds model, it is really toward collectors really. But I do like the box art so I preorder one to keep sealed and hoping I will get the artbook from Gamestop. I have a blue XL 3ds to play all my other games.[/QUOTE]

And i AM a collector too.. thats why its so frustrating, and why i don't think it IS geared to a collector. If it really was geared towards collectors, why the hell did they not include a physical copy of the game? Collectors HATE digital crap. Its baffling really. I guess theyre just trying to pawn off old stock that wasn't selling or something. Right now i have the game and system pre ordered. The plan WAS to open the bundle and play that copy, and keep the 2nd sealed, but now thats ruined since theres no game or manual.

Im a bit confused on how the game comes. I thought it would be a DLC code, your saying its not? Is it on the memory stick it comes with? If so thats even more confusing. WHy not just put the actual game in then.. seriously, wtf Nintendo?

Blea. I REALLY wanna play Fire Emblem. And it sounds like to get Marth you need to play the first few weeks. I may just open it anyway then do the return/keep the manual/case thing when people start trading in the game. Im just not sure if you can keep the case/manual on newer games. I only buy old stuff used through them. Anyone know if i could buy a pre-owned copy and return the cart only? It just sucks that i have to do something like that. Ah, well, Nintendo is by far my least favorite gaming company of the big 3. I guess its par for the course for them to release such a crappy collectors edition bundle

*edit* seeing all the posts about street dates being broken and stuff, i better check in on my GS in the next day or two to see whats going on. I told them not to put stickers on mine, since most GS's around here started putting numbered stickers on the systems they get in

[quote name='Kenshindono']Because im a collector. I never, ever sell any of my stuff. I've actually gotten about half a dozen PM's about this since i mentioned i have a few unopened zelda bundles. Let me state here, im not looking to trade or anything guys. Just debating which one if any i will even open. If i wanted to ditch a zelda bundle im sure i could get enough for the fire emblem and game and stuff.

I do appreciate the suggestion though. If i wasn't a collector thats probably what i would have done. In the end i will probably either just open the stupid Fire emblem one and a phycial copy of the game, or just leave everything sealed and go back to not playing/using a 3DS. Im thinking openeing one of the Zelda bundles would be pointless.

eat a dick. A god damn collectors edition bundle for a game like Fire Emblem kinda demands a physical copy. Its BS that were getting a shitty digital copy. Basically just looks like theyre trying to pawn off some old stock by slapping a little logo on a regular old 3DS

And i AM a collector too.. thats why its so frustrating, and why i don't think it IS geared to a collector. If it really was geared towards collectors, why the hell did they not include a physical copy of the game? Collectors HATE digital crap. Its baffling really. I guess theyre just trying to pawn off old stock that wasn't selling or something. Right now i have the game and system pre ordered. The plan WAS to open the bundle and play that copy, and keep the 2nd sealed, but now thats ruined since theres no game or manual.

Im a bit confused on how the game comes. I thought it would be a DLC code, your saying its not? Is it on the memory stick it comes with? If so thats even more confusing. WHy not just put the actual game in then.. seriously, wtf Nintendo?

Blea. I REALLY wanna play Fire Emblem. And it sounds like to get Marth you need to play the first few weeks. I may just open it anyway then do the return/keep the manual/case thing when people start trading in the game. Im just not sure if you can keep the case/manual on newer games. I only buy old stuff used through them. Anyone know if i could buy a pre-owned copy and return the cart only? It just sucks that i have to do something like that. Ah, well, Nintendo is by far my least favorite gaming company of the big 3. I guess its par for the course for them to release such a crappy collectors edition bundle

*edit* seeing all the posts about street dates being broken and stuff, i better check in on my GS in the next day or two to see whats going on. I told them not to put stickers on mine, since most GS's around here started putting numbered stickers on the systems they get in[/QUOTE]

Why are you bothering spending so many hundreds, thousands (?) of dollars on Nintendo portables if you don't even care for them, let alone play them? I'd really like to psychoanalyze you, my man.

[quote name='devincenzi']Why are you bothering spending so many hundreds, thousands (?) of dollars on Nintendo portables if you don't even care for them, let alone play them? I'd really like to psychoanalyze you, my man.[/QUOTE]

... not sure how many times i have to repeat this: I'm a collector. I honestly dont even play the majority of the stuff i've bought/own. I simply enjoy having them in my collection. My pile of just PS3/360 games that are in the 'to play' pile is massive. Im sure theres a couple hundred in the 360 pile alone. Dont even start me on counting all the vintage games and stuff. I only recently opened up one of my DS's to start playing DS games. Though honestly i've loaded up more GBA games up than DS games on it. May seem a bit odd to some, but then again i think peoople who actually spend $60 on the next generic Call of Duty game are nuts. So to each his own.

I actually spend most of my gaming time these days just replaying old vintage games. Im on another Suikoden run right now, and have been busting some Turtles in Time. Most current gen games just seem too meh to me, but i still collect the stuff. Thats why im so irritated that theres no real game in this supposed collectors edition system bundle. It leaves it with a high chance of just going on the shelf with the other systems im not opening. Maybe they'll put out a good color for an XL soon or something and i'll get one of those when theyre on sale

[quote name='Kenshindono']... not sure how many times i have to repeat this: I'm a collector. I honestly dont even play the majority of the stuff i've bought/own. I simply enjoy having them in my collection. My pile of just PS3/360 games that are in the 'to play' pile is massive. Im sure theres a couple hundred in the 360 pile alone. Dont even start me on counting all the vintage games and stuff. I only recently opened up one of my DS's to start playing DS games. Though honestly i've loaded up more GBA games up than DS games on it. May seem a bit odd to some, but then again i think peoople who actually spend $60 on the next generic Call of Duty game are nuts. So to each his own.

I actually spend most of my gaming time these days just replaying old vintage games. Im on another Suikoden run right now, and have been busting some Turtles in Time. Most current gen games just seem too meh to me, but i still collect the stuff. Thats why im so irritated that theres no real game in this supposed collectors edition system bundle. It leaves it with a high chance of just going on the shelf with the other systems im not opening. Maybe they'll put out a good color for an XL soon or something and i'll get one of those when theyre on sale[/QUOTE]

I understand the urge to collect, as I've been ramping it up a bit lately. But why collect things you're not really interested in? You don't seem to like Call of Duty, so I could assume that you wouldn't really amass a pile of COD merchandise and sealed CE's right? It's only odd to me because you've expressed your dislike for Nintendo. I love them, despite some of their backwards-ass business decisions, and that's why I plan on buying and storing this particular 3DS bundle (i missed on that cool Zelda one)

Will you get that Poptart looking Animal Crossing 3DS XL if it comes out here?

Last edited by a moderator:
On the subject of video game collecting:

One of the best things I have ever done was selling my vast collection of ps1/2 games, even though I miss looking at them the weight of, "I should play these games" is now gone.

Plus with HD collections coming out left and right the value of older games (unless new and sealed, and even that is debateable with reprints now) seems to be going down these days. I mean it took me forever to try and get rid of Suikoden 2.

Edit: Does anyone know how long you have to get the free dlc is it a week or two weeks after release?

[quote name='HuBu']Only a pending charge from BB for instore pickup.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy isn't carrying this, so I don't understand your post.

He probably means the game itself, not the bundle.

On another note, some are saying that the street date is now back in place in both the US and Canada. Most Gamestops are evidently stating that the game now comes out on the 5th instead of the 4th.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Eh, I wouldnt feel so bad now if I missed out on that book. Some of the other free artbooks for games were much bigger/better.

Also, called 5 Gamestops in my area, not a single one was selling early. So I guess the info probably wont widely be spread around for another day or two[/QUOTE]

Not really interested in the artbook as well. It's definitely a nice bonus. I have a few from other games and while at first they are great and all to look at, they've just stayed on my shelf.

Regardless, I would have gotten it from Gamestop, but I have $40 in Reward zone credit for Best Buy, so I would rather save money all day, every day.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']He probably means the game itself, not the bundle.

On another note, some are saying that the street date is now back in place in both the US and Canada. Most Gamestops are evidently stating that the game now comes out on the 5th instead of the 4th.[/QUOTE]

If they already have it, then you better start shitting on the associate on the 4th.

My store still has the same day listed. The release date won't change guys, Gamestop will still sell it on 2/4.

If it says that number in our computers, we have to stick to it regardless.... Apparently not Canada stores though. :p

[quote name='Ryouko']Thanks for the heads up! Switched my game-only pre-order from Best Buy to Game Stop, in hopes of getting the artbook.[/QUOTE]

did the same.

Sweet, even though I have a paid off BB order, I'm gonna put 5$ down at Gamestop. Wouldnt mind spending my PUR 5$ Coupon on it too

Wtf? I called 3 stores and all 3 said they arent taking it anymore. Whats going on? Guess its online only, if thats the case I'll just stay with BB

[quote name='devincenzi']Will you get that Poptart looking Animal Crossing 3DS XL if it comes out here?[/QUOTE]He won't because

A god damn collectors edition bundle for a game like Animal Crossing kinda demands a physical copy. Its BS that were getting a shitty digital copy. Basically just looks like theyre trying to pawn off some stock by slapping little logos on a 3DS XL

Just curious, anyone do Instore Pickup at Gamestop often? It says you don't get charged, so does that mean you can pay with Credit/Coupon's instore instead?

If thats the case, no harm in trying for the artbook/possible early release

[quote name='HawthorneKitty']He won't because

A god damn collectors edition bundle for a game like Animal Crossing kinda demands a physical copy. Its BS that were getting a shitty digital copy. Basically just looks like theyre trying to pawn off some stock by slapping little logos on a 3DS XL[/QUOTE]
why does animal crossing have to be physical ? it's one of those games that is always good to have handy and it's a minutes a day game. Prrfect for a download title. That's why it's sold 800,000 copies digitally in Japan so far

sorry for off topic

but damn reviews for this game are lookin good

Has anyone gotten a copy of the normal 3DS game? I've been seeing several reports (with pictures) of Game Stop selling the game (with artbook) early.

[quote name='slidecage']Dead[/QUOTE]

This.

I ended up passing because my store told me even if I did do pickup, I'd likely not get the artbook, and possibly not get on release date.

Not in the mood for hassles with GS

[quote name='zeke222']Gamestop is selling preorders again.[/QUOTE]

MOTHERFLUFFER it was in my cart and it was pulled during checkout.

I also tried to preorder it in store with no success.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just curious, anyone do Instore Pickup at Gamestop often? It says you don't get charged, so does that mean you can pay with Credit/Coupon's instore instead?

If thats the case, no harm in trying for the artbook/possible early release[/QUOTE]

I usually do and yeah you dont get charged before you pick it up. I never use Credit/Coupons at Gamestop (Usually never have it), but I would not see why you couldn't. As for getting the preorder item early, I would be careful, as in making sure they have your preorder in their store computer. I had done Preorder InStore Pickup for Xenoblade Chronicles when it came out last April and was screwed out of the artbook because they only had enough for the instore physical preorders (I still dont know how that made since cause I should have gotten the artbook regardless). At least I got 2 of those books thanks to GS Customer Service (I still dont know how I got the second artbook.)

[quote name='diazt350']http://www.screwattack.com/news/canada-eb-games-releases-fire-emblem-awakening-now

Seems like gamestop in canada are selling the game early. Might call to see if my gamestop is also rigth after I get out of school.[/QUOTE]

Don't take it as rude, but this has been discussed in the past pages for a while now (edit: okay, not a while; just a day. I swear, there's been so much going on that I feel like it's been a few days since I first heard about what Canada did) - and new reports say that they realized their mistake and aren't selling it any longer.

That being said, hope you can still get lucky and nab a copy. I know I can't wait 'til the 4th.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Don't take it as rude, but this has been discussed in the past pages for a while now (edit: okay, not a while; just a day. I swear, there's been so much going on that I feel like it's been a few days since I first heard about what Canada did) - and new reports say that they realized their mistake and aren't selling it any longer.

That being said, hope you can still get lucky and nab a copy. I know I can't wait 'til the 4th.[/QUOTE]

Ha it's okay. I skimmed the last few pages real quick and it seemed you guys were hearing rumors about it being sold early so I though I post it to help out.

I really haven't heard about this selling early thing about one hour ago and this link was posted on the screwattack twitter like two minutes before I made that post.

I keep hearing so many different things that it's all starting to get jumbled in my head.

Now someone's posted on another forum that his Gamestop already had the artbooks and that they gave it to him when he went in to pay off his preorder. I attempted calling the store I preordered the bundle from and ended up talking to a very busy manager who didn't have time to look and see if they were in. I'll just waltz in tomorrow after classes and see what's going on.

[quote name='Reaperain']Seeing this game makes me want to get a 3DS...lol I dont even like Nintendo anymore but that game looks fun and well done.[/QUOTE]

why i bought a 3ds arrives tomorrow wanted play quality rpg's an strategy games

Called 2 Game Stops, got 2 different answers.
- One said they weren't getting shipments until Feb 8
- Another said there was no date for the game in the system, but the bundle had a date of Feb 5. They said they would not sell the game until that date.

Apparently since the street date's allegedly been entirely lifted their shipments likely won't process until release day, although I saw someone in Florida saying that their GameStop already had copies and sold him one because there wasn't a street date.

I have no idea what that means for the bundle if that's true, or for people who ordered the game or bundle online to have shipped to their homes like I did.

Anyone care to clear up the shipping delay warning on Amazon? Was that put up just as a precaution or are you definitely not getting a copy on launch week if you pre-ordered after that went up?

I pre-ordered about two days after the warning went up... Anyone else in this boat? If they don't ship mine by launch day I might just get it digitally... There any good reasons not to do so, other than their recovery steps being iffy?

Thanks in advance for replies.

[quote name='zohar']Called 2 Game Stops, got 2 different answers.
- Another said there was no date for the game in the system, but the bundle had a date of Feb 5. They said they would not sell the game until that date.[/QUOTE]

I don't really understand why Canada would get their shipments so early and US get them so late.

[quote name='zohar']Called 2 Game Stops, got 2 different answers.
- Another said there was no date for the game in the system, but the bundle had a date of Feb 5. They said they would not sell the game until that date.[/QUOTE]

Mine said the 8th. I'll swing by and pay off my stuff to ensure artbooks and game held for me

@TheGuardianWolf: Given that just about every store has stopped taking orders or has put them on backorder, I'm guessing Amazon buyers are every bit as screwed.

If you've got at least a GB of space free on your SD card I don't really see any reason not to get it digitally, unless you really want the case and manual.

[quote name='FEGuy']Given that just about every store has stopped taking orders or has put them on backorder, I'm guessing Amazon buyers are every bit as screwed.

If you've got at least a GB of space free on your SD card I don't really see any reason not to get it digitally, unless you really want the case and manual.[/QUOTE]

I personally like the ability to use the game on more than one handheld, too, along with having the case and manual. There's also resale value if anyone is crazy enough to want to sell their copy somewhere down the road.

bread's done
Back