Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

[quote name='cagisforlosers']Fire Emblem games like to fetch a nice price.

Especially once they go OoP.

Confoosious is a fucking homo.[/QUOTE]

if i could dump off my FE for the DS i would buy it for the 3ds.... how the hell did i end up with 3 shadow dragons LOL

[quote name='cagisforlosers']Fire Emblem games like to fetch a nice price.

Especially once they go OoP.

Confoosious is a fucking homo.[/QUOTE]

Case in point: copies of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are going for well over $40 now. I'm jealous of anyone who picked up a copy of the former during the 75% GS sale.

That reminds me, too, because I really need to track down a manual for PoR, as the copy I bought a few years ago didn't have one. I actually preordered it when it first came out, but later had to sell off a lot of my collection to pay bills. :cry: I don't know what I'd do if I had to do that with what I have now.

Just got back from preordering the bundle from my Gamestop. They said they didn't know when they were getting their shipments in. I am disappointed.

:(

Even if it was an XL, digital copy = insta-pass. Seriously...when will these companies get it through their minds that digital media is never going to adequately replace physical media...

[quote name='GreyFox787']Even if it was an XL, digital copy = insta-pass. Seriously...when will these companies get it through their minds that digital media is never going to adequately replace physical media...[/QUOTE]

hate to break it to you but i say in the next 2 years 90% of all games will be digital only

Sorry to ask a generalized question here, but I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened so how long would you guys estimate it'll take them to get another shipment out to retailers?

I'd honestly rather have a physical copy, but I'm not very patient when it comes to games I want to play this badly. :p Plus I don't want to miss out on the free DLC, and you have to have the game in or installed to download it. v_v

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Sorry to ask a generalized question here, but I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened so how long would you guys estimate it'll take them to get another shipment out to retailers?

I'd honestly rather have a physical copy, but I'm not very patient when it comes to games I want to play this badly. :p Plus I don't want to miss out on the free DLC, and you have to have the game in or installed to download it. v_v[/QUOTE]

some are saying this could be as bad as the POKEMON CONQUEST game... where it took up to 2 months to see them everywhere.....

dont see why people are going nuts over the DLC ...... it seems way over priced

3.00 per map i mean 3.00 for a single map is WAY OVERPRICED

they should of made 2 verisons of this game

single game for 40
game with all Japan DLC for 50

i would of jumped on the 50 but wont pay 20 to 30 more just for download maps

I really doubt there'll be a real delay if you preordered early. I'm obviously not the local Amazon expert, however, so don't take my thoughts too seriously.

Besides, you have a while to download the free DLC, right? No way they'd take that long to get a copy to you.

Edit: just saw the post above me. Pokemon Conquest seemed like more of a niche title, especially since it was a spinoff on a dated console - and my younger brother had no problem finding a ton of copies at the local Wal-Mart a day after release.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I really doubt there'll be a real delay if you preordered early. I'm obviously not the local Amazon expert, however, so don't take my thoughts too seriously.

Besides, you have a while to download the free DLC, right? No way they'd take that long to get a copy to you.

Edit: just saw the post above me. Pokemon Conquest seemed like more of a niche title, especially since it was a spinoff on a dated console - and my younger brother had no problem finding a ton of copies at the local Wal-Mart a day after release.[/QUOTE]

yea i found them too and flipped them ended up buying 3 selling 2 and getting my 3rd copy free :)

Problem is I didn't pre-order early. I pre-ordered last week, after the warning was already up.

Nintendo really mucked this up, in my opinion. You shouldn't be so darn scared a game won't sell well that you actually hinder it's sales... >_> And Fire Emblem is a big title!!!

As for the DLC - free is the reason to be interested. It is overpriced, but at least you get all(or most) the DLC characters free anyway, only with slight differences.

This is hilarious. Canada gets early and we get late.

Either way, I hear GS has a habit of not having Monday release games. Maybe Best Buy wont screw me for once. Worst come to worst and I'll just get on eshop. Already getting a 20$ gc on Monday since they accidentally double charged me.

As much as I want to play, I can wait an extra day or two (as long as I get my dinky little artbook). Not like I don't have a ton of other stuff to do with my life, right?

Just something for you guys to remember: it's not easy becoming an elementary school teacher, no matter how simple the job might look.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']Problem is I didn't pre-order early. I pre-ordered last week, after the warning was already up.

Nintendo really mucked this up, in my opinion. You shouldn't be so darn scared a game won't sell well that you actually hinder it's sales... >_> And Fire Emblem is a big title!!!

As for the DLC - free is the reason to be interested. It is overpriced, but at least you get all(or most) the DLC characters free anyway, only with slight differences.[/QUOTE]

you do know that free DLC is for a single person and a single map ... your going to have to PAY for the rest of the DLC that come in later months ...

in japan to get all of the DLC i think was almost 8000 yen (more then the freaking game cost

The first downloadable map for Fire Emblem: Awakening will be free for a limited time, and will serve as an introduction to the weekly stream of further maps to be made available for purchase.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/1...-eshop-demo-free-dlc-map/#CzW8Sxy0yKpFxpDB.99

[quote name='slidecage']you do know that free DLC is for a single person and a single map ... your going to have to PAY for the rest of the DLC that come in later months ...

in japan to get all of the DLC i think was almost 8000 yen (more then the freaking game cost

[/QUOTE]

The limited time one is a single map and single character for free. It's not like you're obligated to buy any more of the paid. Plus there's plenty of free DLC for it as it is, there's actually arguably more overall content coming as free DLC than pay. And while I agree that what's available to pay for is a bit lacking in content for the price point, but what's free is free, can't see why someone wouldn't want that end of it.

For those who don't know, there are actually so many DLC characters for free you nearly can't have them all on your game at once. From what I understand there are 120 legacy characters, 12 items, and 6 maps all for free through 12 waves of spotpass content... So when I found all that out I wasn't too upset about the paid dlc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called a ton of local stores, they confirmed they can sell, but all of them aren't expecting till next week, and no extras. One store said they might get tomorrow and had a few extras and to call back.

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']The limited time one is a single map and single character for free. It's not like you're obligated to buy any more of the paid. Plus there's plenty of free DLC for it as it is, there's actually arguably more overall content coming as free DLC than pay. And while I agree that what's available to pay for is a bit lacking in content for the price point, but what's free is free, can't see why someone wouldn't want that end of it.

For those who don't know, there are actually so many DLC characters for free you nearly can't have them all on your game at once. From what I understand there are 120 legacy characters, 12 items, and 6 maps all for free through 12 waves of spotpass content... So when I found all that out I wasn't too upset about the paid dlc.[/QUOTE]

how i understand it all DLC will Cost to play ... did not know there was a ton of FREE maps

how does spotpass even work

Okay, so I stopped by the nearest Gamestop (the one where I preordered the bundle - yes, I reserved a physical copy at a different store, bite me). The employee seemed to know a little about the situation and how confusing it's been, and he said that they're probably getting copies in by Sunday. I'm not holding him to his word, though.

Anyway, they also had the artbooks already. Grabbed mine. Hooray.

So I just called my local gamestop where I pre-ordered and they told me they don't have a release date for it. So they told me to check tomorrow if their shipments come in and I could pick up the game. So basically it sounds like once they receive their shipment it's going to be sold right away. They didn't even have the artbook either so I guess I'll call tomorrow and check again.

[quote name='slidecage']how i understand it all DLC will Cost to play ... did not know there was a ton of FREE maps

how does spotpass even work[/QUOTE]

There aren't a ton of free maps, but there are a few from what I see, and definitely a ton of free characters. I'm not sure of the specifics of Spotpass DLC itself, but in this case it is supposed to be free.

Spotpass characters make use of old artwork and the pay DLC characters have new artwork from 'guest' artist. And yes, there are paid and free versions of the DLC characters, and I think you can actually use both the units in the same battle if you like. From my understanding the stats are similar and the skills and artwork are the only real difference.

Kinda makes the pay DLC even less worth it, but I'm 100% glad the free option is there like it is. Originally I was thinking Nintendo was just being greedy, but this really changed my mind... I'm probably more out to buy a map or two because of that... and being a Lyn fanboy certainly helps sell that one particular map for me anyway. :p

I have never played a Fire Emblem game before, so would it be okay if this was my first? Would I need to know a huge amount of back story to enjoy the game?

[quote name='Sgt Barone']I have never played a Fire Emblem game before, so would it be okay if this was my first? Would I need to know a huge amount of back story to enjoy the game?[/QUOTE]

I think not. I enjoy the series from what I played from sacred stone but I don't think so. There are recurring characters in it like Marth.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']I have never played a Fire Emblem game before, so would it be okay if this was my first? Would I need to know a huge amount of back story to enjoy the game?[/QUOTE]

No, you don't need to know anything of the past ones to enjoy the story of this game. None of the old characters are in the main game.

Well, technically there's 'Marth' but without really spoiling too much they're using the name mostly a reference to the old Marth (this game is set in that world some centuries or millennia in the future).

Regardless, most Fire Emblem games aren't more than tangentially related to more than one other game. This one is a fresh storyline, as far as I'm aware.

I don't think so. Each FE is kind of it's own story. Past games are a history of the world itself, but playing them is far from required to enjoy it. Matter of fact much of the story enjoyment actually comes from the characters that are in whatever game you're playing and the focus is on their particular struggle...

You're getting in at a good time too, in my opinion. This game looks to possibly be widely considered as the best in the whole series. From what I've played of the demo and seen, I don't expect it to disappoint by any means. :p

My only gripe so far is their freakish feet. :lol:

Well, for what little it may be worth, it's currently the third highest rated 3DS game on Metacritic, and most reviews seem to be in the 9.0-9.5 range. That should mean something, right?

Hopefully this means they'll put more effort into keeping the series over here in the US. Can't blame them for not bringing over FE12, though, after its predecessor's low sales - that's what happens when you churn out a turd like FE11.

Also, the feet bug me, too. I first thought it was a glitch in the demo and their models were getting stuck in the ground. ;)

[quote name='Deserter Goose']
Also, the feet bug me, too. I first thought it was a glitch in the demo and their models were getting stuck in the ground. ;)[/QUOTE]

They bugged me, but then I tried to think back to Wind Waker's style, and those characters had teeny l'il feet too. The feet fit the style more in that game though, certainly. I'd like to pick the graphic designers' brains for a bit to find out the story behind those peglegs.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Well, for what little it may be worth, it's currently the third highest rated 3DS game on Metacritic, and most reviews seem to be in the 9.0-9.5 range. That should mean something, right?

Hopefully this means they'll put more effort into keeping the series over here in the US. Can't blame them for not bringing over FE12, though, after its predecessor's low sales - that's what happens when you churn out a turd like FE11.

Also, the feet bug me, too. I first thought it was a glitch in the demo and their models were getting stuck in the ground. ;)[/QUOTE]

Well unless this whole thing has been blown out of proportion and there will be plenty of copies of the game itself in, Nintendo killed launch day sales... No matter how good they are, they would have been better if they hadn't botched the launch so bad in US and Canada. You can also bet some people won't get FEA even near launch, when they may actually have otherwise, due to selecting other games when it should have been on shelves, or just being irritated with the whole process and impatient with their money. I shouldn't vent my displeasure with Ninty's present failure here though. :p

And yeaaaah, I'm hoping the feet don't bug me the whole time. I like the look a lot otherwise, but I can't help but notice their pencil legs on occasion. XD Either way there are more important things that are amazing, so I'm not worried.

[quote name='devincenzi']They bugged me, but then I tried to think back to Wind Waker's style, and those characters had teeny l'il feet too. The feet fit the style more in that game though, certainly. I'd like to pick the graphic designers' brains for a bit to find out the story behind those peglegs.[/QUOTE]

Can't help but think the simplest explanation the most likely... it was just easier. They had a lot of animation to do for a lot of character models.

Last edited by a moderator:
So im a little confused. Can you still preorder the bundle at a gamestop store? I just got email i will be getting my tax refund earlier then expected and i was going to hunt for a purple 3ds but i love the looks of this one.

[quote name='ponn01']So im a little confused. Can you still preorder the bundle at a gamestop store? I just got email i will be getting my tax refund earlier then expected and i was going to hunt for a purple 3ds but i love the looks of this one.[/QUOTE]

the 3DS bundle is still up to preorder

Well my GS had the artbooks in stock but no game/system today. I got the 2 artbooks i had coming to me today just in case. To those of you worried you may not get them.. theyre rather small. Size wise theyre ok, but theres just not much content in them. I think theres like 8 or 9 pages and thats it. Kinda disappointing. The pictures do look nice though and have a nice glossy finish to them

Im gonna check in this weekend to see if they got them early. I want to make sure i get my system before they put stickers on it or anything like that.

By the way i watched a JP unboxing.. WTF?! That version DOES have a physical copy! Looks like its just US gamers that got screwed over. What a friggin jip.

[quote name='devincenzi']I understand the urge to collect, as I've been ramping it up a bit lately. But why collect things you're not really interested in? You don't seem to like Call of Duty, so I could assume that you wouldn't really amass a pile of COD merchandise and sealed CE's right? It's only odd to me because you've expressed your dislike for Nintendo. I love them, despite some of their backwards-ass business decisions, and that's why I plan on buying and storing this particular 3DS bundle (i missed on that cool Zelda one)

Will you get that Poptart looking Animal Crossing 3DS XL if it comes out here?[/QUOTE]

Hah, no no pile of COD merchandise.. but i DO own every COD game (except BLOPS II). Even though i have not actually PLAYED beyond COD 4. I actually do have the CE for one of them, but that was just because it was on clearance for cheaper than the game itself.

My personal dislike of Nintendo started in the N64 era and just went downhill from there. They've just been making bad systems that cater far too much to gimicky casual crap and ignoring the hardcore market. They still make decent handhelds, but even their business practices screw those up (DLC transfer issues, their baffling lack of open and free internet conectivity, ect). That said, they do have some good RPG's on the system so I am required to purchase their consoles for completion sake alone. I hated the gamecube but i have to own it for Fire emblem and a few other decent RPG's.

Oh, and no i wouldn't get the animal crossing XL 3ds.. i think it looks ugly as hell =P And i was never a bitg animal crossing fan. I do wish we'd get a decent XL bundle, or at least some of the cooler colors over here other than just a red and meh blue though. If we did id probably leave this one sealed. That Purple regular 3ds would be cool in XL form

[quote name='HawthorneKitty']He won't because

A god damn collectors edition bundle for a game like Animal Crossing kinda demands a physical copy. Its BS that were getting a shitty digital copy. Basically just looks like theyre trying to pawn off some stock by slapping little logos on a 3DS XL[/QUOTE]

no, i wont get it because its ugly.. and even if it is just a digital version that doesn't piss me off very much. Animal crossing is different from an RPG like Fire Emblem. RPG's traditionally have nice manuals to flip through.

[quote name='Sophita']On the subject of video game collecting:

One of the best things I have ever done was selling my vast collection of ps1/2 games, even though I miss looking at them the weight of, "I should play these games" is now gone.

Plus with HD collections coming out left and right the value of older games (unless new and sealed, and even that is debateable with reprints now) seems to be going down these days. I mean it took me forever to try and get rid of Suikoden 2.

Edit: Does anyone know how long you have to get the free dlc is it a week or two weeks after release?[/QUOTE]

Ouch.. i could never do that. I play my PS1/PS3 games FAR more than my 360 and especially PS3. HD collections are meh IMO. Esepecially lately. IT seems companies are releasing very shoddy quick cash in's instead of doing a proper HD treatment =( Nothing beats having the original game/console in my opinion.

*edit*
For the Marth DLC character/map.. anyone know if this is actually Marth, or if its just someone taking his name? The artbook makes it sound like its just somoene using his name. Im not familiar with the time frame but i would think Marth would be long dead by now

*double edit*
EWWW just watched a character creation video after seeing you guys talking about the feet.. WTF?! that looks HORRIBLE. Thats gonna take some getting used to. I do not like that style at all.

[quote name='zohar']Marth (DLC) is Marth.

Marth (in game character) is.. maybe.. Marth? ;) It's part of the story.[/QUOTE]

Hah guess i'll have to play and see. I think its someone just using his name though because this is centuries after the first game i think.

God damn i can not get over those horrible stick figure feetless legs! I'm also bummed at the lack of customization. I wanted to make a bald battle scarred looking guy. The only options are variations of generic spikey haired anime pretty boy styles =(

[quote name='TheGuardianWolf']You evidently didn't watch a video with all the options. Buzz-cut and battle scars are options for Avatar 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-7UMfe0uw[/QUOTE]

Ah no the video i watched only went through option 1 i guess. Still there is no actual shaved head, and the buz cut there looks really stupid. It is nice that avatar 3 does look a bit older though and there IS a scarred up option which is cool (is that the only face set with scars?). Just no shaved head look. I guess i can make something work

I'll have to watch them all thoroughly later; its bed time now, but it seems 3 has the least options. 1 seems to have the most. 2 looks super duper shota. The kid looks like hes like 8 years old o_O I think it shows the girls at the end too, i may just do a chick character, i'll have to see. Im actually gonna play this i think before i do my full Fire emblem Playthrough. I planned on starting from the GBA games and going up but figured that would take too long and i want to play this NOW. I'm assuming this has a New Game + like most other entries in the series right?

*edit* didn't see a skin color option either.. i guess you can only be super white? No tan/dark skinned characters?

*edit*
For the Marth DLC character/map.. anyone know if this is actually Marth, or if its just someone taking his name? The artbook makes it sound like its just somoene using his name. Im not familiar with the time frame but i would think Marth would be long dead by now

*double edit*
EWWW just watched a character creation video after seeing you guys talking about the feet.. WTF?! that looks HORRIBLE. Thats gonna take some getting used to. I do not like that style at all.

I haven't played the game since last year so my memory kind of fades but Marth [DLC] is the real Marth. Marth in the real game isn't Marth but just using his name, and it's also a her and not a him. She was from the past sent to the future or something...forgot

[quote name='Kenshindono']

*edit* didn't see a skin color option either.. i guess you can only be super white? No tan/dark skinned characters?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, yeah. It's a bit odd and I thought about buying it used because of that, but I decided to let it slide. It's a bit ridiculous in this day and age - and don't give me that stuff about it screwing up the children's skin colors. It wouldn't take that much effort for IS to do a tan version of each kid as well.

[quote name='Kadamas']As far as I know, yeah. It's a bit odd and I thought about buying it used because of that, but I decided to let it slide. It's a bit ridiculous in this day and age - and don't give me that stuff about it screwing up the children's skin colors. It wouldn't take that much effort for IS to do a tan version of each kid as well.[/QUOTE]

maybe if the made the people different colors it would fuck up the backgrounds or something... or they were too lazy to code it

[quote name='slidecage']maybe if the made the people different colors it would fuck up the backgrounds or something... or they were too lazy to code it[/QUOTE]

Too lazy for feet, too lazy for melanin! I think the reason could be related to the reason why there are no dark people in other fantasy stories, like LOTR for example.

[quote name='Kenshindono']By the way i watched a JP unboxing.. WTF?! That version DOES have a physical copy! Looks like its just US gamers that got screwed over. What a friggin jip.
[/QUOTE]
You also have to remember that game came out almost a year ago in Japan. Way before Nintendo started pushing their digital side. You shouldn't really be too mad about it. I understand you're a collector, but you are speaking like you're the only collector in the world so your wants is the only thing that matters. I'm a collector too and really I find that it shouldn't matter too much if this came with physically copy or not if you're not going to open it.

That and the fact that there is nothing special with the actual game. Like if it came with a slipcover, steelcase or even a alternative copy. Those are things to care about. Plain game with no extra isn't a big deal. Plus the way I see it is the main selling point of this bundle is a branded 3DS. Unless the game is some special edition I don't find it a big deal.

have the game preordered at BB.

Got this email just now

Hi HuBu:

There's been a change to the release date for your pre-ordered item.

The new release date is 02/01/2013. Your order details are listed below.

Then seconds later

Hello HuBu,

We're very sorry, but your item listed below is no longer available for pickup at the PEMBROKE PINES FL Best Buy store.

That being said, we'd still like to get you this item. There may be a chance that we can either:
Find a different store in your area with the item in stock.
Ship the item, if it is available, via free standard shipping.

called the 800# as them told me and no stores has it. willing to ship it to me within 7-14 business days. no thanks.

[quote name='Kenshindono']By the way i watched a JP unboxing.. WTF?! That version DOES have a physical copy! Looks like its just US gamers that got screwed over. What a friggin jip.[/QUOTE]
Unless they were charged more.

There's probably a Japanese gamer on JCAG with the screen name "Ralph" who constantly posts things such as "WHAT?!?!? Americans pay how much?!? #@$!@2$@^! I'm a true COLLECTOR! I want what I want!"

[quote name='Kenshindono']By the way i watched a JP unboxing.. WTF?! That version DOES have a physical copy! Looks like its just US gamers that got screwed over. What a friggin jip.
[/QUOTE]

TO BE FAIR, The Japanese Fire Emblem bundle existed before Nintendo started releasing retail software on the eShop, so it was a bit of an impossibility for them to include a digital copy.

These days it would be digital.

bread's done
Back