Fire Pro Wrestling R ($8.98/$10.98/$13.98 @ FamilyVideo) (Amazon/Buy/Agetec shipping)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/15 Edit: Amazon.com, Buy.com, and Agetec.com are shipping out orders.

11/12 Edit: We have a new lowest price after coupon or without coupon (thanks CAG IAmTheCheapestGamer) :

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=279351

$10.98 after using coupon code NEWMEM3F (for existing accounts only, and not new members? Still works for me as of 11/14 at 10:30 PM EST)

$13.98 without the coupon code.

There is also some $5 off codes for new members that might not work anymore:

NEWMEM5F
NEWPGMEM
NEWGWMEM

If anyone can confirm that they work, give the heads up.

-------------------------------------------------------

11/11 Edit: Some notes about the release:

The localization producer from Agetec has stated that November 13th is the *ship date* and most stores will not have it in stock on that exact date, but a couple of days later. I guess that means online orders will ship 2 or 3 days later, as well.

For those looking for it in B&M stores, he also stated:

"Actually, Best Buy is a great place place to buy the title at the CL.
Others good places are Gamestop, Blockbuster, K-mart, Freds, Kaybee Toys, Amazon and of course Agetec’s webstore."

CL = checkout lane.

Edit: Some new screenshots are up at Agetec's site:

http://www.agetec.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=119

Edit: A Localization Producer for Agetec has confirmed the release date as being 11/13 (thanks CAG dopehat):

http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8220&p=100260&hilit=#p100260

Latest Edit:

GoGamer.com looks to have the cheapest non-promo/non-coupon related price at $14.13 shipped:

http://www.gogamer.com/Fire-Pro-Wre...VproductId22388627VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

Also, most e-tailers are giving this an early November release date of November 6th.

----------------------------------------------------
Edit: Agetec has added new box art and has included a video of the game to their website:

http://www.agetec.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=119

---------------------------------------------------
I was hesitant to post this here in the deals forum because it looks like the game will MSRP for under $15 and the links provided below really aren't deals off of that price. However, since Victorious Boxers 2 got CAG love in the VG deals forum here, I'd figure I'd spread the news to fellow bargain hunters looking for a good cheap game. Not to mention if this sells well, it helps the cause for future Spike wrestling games to come to North America.

Anyway, it looks like the critically acclaimed Fire Pro Wrestling Returns from the beloved Fire Pro series of wrestling games (Japan based) is being released in North America with a bargain bin price of around $15 and should be out in mid to late November for the PS2. There is already a CAG forum post about the game here (thread started by CAG pete5883):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146363

The game is up for pre-order here:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=205611610&loc=108 $12.99 (Nov 14th) Buy.com sales rank as of 9/9 = 709

http://www.amazon.com/Agetec-Fire-P...39?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1189330779&sr=1-2 $14.99 (Nov 27th) Amazon.com sales rank as of 9/9 = 566

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7512278&style=games&BAB=M $12.99/12.74 (Nov 14th)

With that price point, buy one for Christmas for everyone you know who has a PS2 or PS3 . :)

[quote name='RawisJericho']I've been hearing on another message board that gamestop/eb games will not be taking pre-orders on this game in-store since it is a budget title. You can pre-order it online though.

Just a heads up.[/quote]
Makes sense, they've done that in the past. They don't even bother keeping track of some SKUs in regards to customer service.

I'm a little saddened by the box art. I mean, look at it. With art like that, how can it do well even at a budget price? I love Fire Pro, but the average PS2 gamer has no idea what it is. Look at that crotch-lunging luchador. Who's he kidding? The guy in the black trunks looks like a caveman who just got shit on by a bird. He should pay attention to that crotch-lunging luchador.

FP_wrestling_color8_top.jpg

[quote name='vicious7171']Makes sense, they've done that in the past. They don't even bother keeping track of some SKUs in regards to customer service.

I'm a little saddened by the box art. I mean, look at it. With art like that, how can it do well even at a budget price? I love Fire Pro, but the average PS2 gamer has no idea what it is. Look at that crotch-lunging luchador. Who's he kidding? The guy in the black trunks looks like a caveman who just got shit on by a bird. He should pay attention to that crotch-lunging luchador.

[/quote]

What did the boxart for the Japanese version look like? I know there are several games whose overseas(either EU or JP) covers looked WAY better than the dreck they passed off as a cover here. None I can really think of right now, but I used to have a list of covers I was 'gonna print up'. Of course, that never happened.

I'm getting back into the mood to play a game like this by playing my copy of Royal Rumble for the Genny. Mind you, that game was simplistic at best, but damn good if you knew how to play.

[quote name='vicious7171']Makes sense, they've done that in the past. They don't even bother keeping track of some SKUs in regards to customer service.

[/quote]
The first guy looks like Triple H without kneepads, so I think that will catch some peoples attention. The box art isn't great, but it'll do. It reminds me of the Natsume Championship Wrestling and Tecmo World Wrestling box arts.

IMG_3942.JPG

607794.jpg

[quote name='RawisJericho']The first guy looks like Triple H without kneepads, so I think that will catch some peoples attention. The box art isn't great, but it'll do. It reminds me of the Natsume Championship Wrestling and Tecmo World Wrestling box arts.

IMG_3942.JPG

[/quote]

That cover is ALL sorts of wrong too, just from the positioning of the hands. :whistle2:X I won't even go further into that.

But, as for the FPR cover, the wrestler on the mat reminds me more of Lex Luger than HHH, though I don't think they include classic WCW wrestlers in the games, do they?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What did the boxart for the Japanese version look like? I know there are several games whose overseas(either EU or JP) covers looked WAY better than the dreck they passed off as a cover here. None I can really think of right now, but I used to have a list of covers I was 'gonna print up'. Of course, that never happened.

I'm getting back into the mood to play a game like this by playing my copy of Royal Rumble for the Genny. Mind you, that game was simplistic at best, but damn good if you knew how to play.[/quote]

here's one site for different region covers... not exhaustive, but still nice to see a few:

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/japanboxes/japanboxes.htm

and here's the original of fire pro returns for japan:

PA.33613.003.jpg

looks A LOT better to me... but still... not telling of the game really

[quote name='aniousjoe']here's one site for different region covers... not exhaustive, but still nice to see a few:

and here's the original of fire pro returns for japan:

looks A LOT better to me... but still... not telling of the game really[/quote]

Yeah that cover looks better, but like you said some people wouldn't identify it as a wrestling game. I like the choice for using wrestlers who resemble Triple H and Rey Mysterio Jr (long shot) to catch someone's attention. The artist could have done a better job though.

[quote name='aniousjoe']here's one site for different region covers... not exhaustive, but still nice to see a few:

[/quote]

See, the Japanese cover for FPR is still kinda dull, compared to what they could've done.

I think a few of the ones I was intrigued by the overseas covers for were: one of the Silent Hill games(I think part 3) and The Suffering.

I had quite a list at one point, but must've deleted it.

Although, now that I think about it, I think the EU Suffering cover was simply a red(almost bloody looking) hand on the cover and not much else, though I think I saw a custom cover that was done on a site that just kicked all forms of ass.

Fire Pro G had an obscure cover as well.
TN_Fire_Pro_Wrestling_G_jap-front.JPG

I think the FPR art looks a helluva lot better than the Fire Pro GBA games.

6181W7B91KL._AA280_.jpg

Goldberg and a jobber

61AE5N33EJL._AA280_.jpg

Guerrero and Angle?

lol, yeah I remember picking up those Fire Pro games I reserved at the store and being like, "what the hell is this?"

Those Japanese covers are great. They are mysterious, and simplistic without being ugly. The covers we get are too ugly to even add to our game collection.

lol... the jap one's are interesting to me, if plain... but yeah, the US one's suck... tho' this jap one for fire pro s is kinda mixed:

firepro-6men-f.jpg

Does anyone know if you order from Amazon and regular shipping and all that will you get it the day the game comes out? or a couple of days later?

Alot of the Fipro games have had covers like that, with a single wrestler staning alone, about to start his walk to the ring when the music hits.

The intro of Firepro Special for the snes was a wrestler walking down the ramo towards the ring. And the cover of FPX for the snes has a single wrestler standing on the ring apron

It has the words 'pro wrestling' right there in the title, so instead of reminding you of that with the cover art, they choose to try and set a mood.

[quote name='dopehat']Does anyone know if you order from Amazon and regular shipping and all that will you get it the day the game comes out? or a couple of days later?[/quote]

If you use the free shipping your not gonna have it for a week or so after it comes out. Could be shorter/longer depending on where you are. Thats the 'regular' shipping for me. The ones you pay for will be quicker of course, but its not like they ship the game early so you get it on release day.

Thanks man looks like I will have to order it thru amazon since Gamestop the store won't carry them IN-STORE and only thru their website. (At least thats what the manager at 3 different gamestops have told me) Anyway Amazon is cheaper maybe I can go ahead and buy the AR MAX EVO too since I will need that for Edits.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Yeah that cover looks better, but like you said some people wouldn't identify it as a wrestling game. I like the choice for using wrestlers who resemble Triple H and Rey Mysterio Jr (long shot) to catch someone's attention. The artist could have done a better job though.[/quote]

I think the artist has to purposefully change the wrestlers around a little...if they looked exactly like HHH and Mysterio, the WWE would sue for misleading advertising, likeness to copywrighted characters, etc.

[quote name='soccerstud652']I think the artist has to purposefully change the wrestlers around a little...if they looked exactly like HHH and Mysterio, the WWE would sue for misleading advertising, likeness to copywrighted characters, etc.[/quote]

By doing a better job I meant he could have made them look like they were actually wrestling.

NOTE: Anybody who plans on buying FPR from GameCrazy, go there and reserve it. They told me they are only getting the amount of reserves, so gogogo.

I just read that over at the FPC. Can you confirm this Scorch?

Maybe the OP should update the title to let others know they should pre-order the game. There might be a shortage.

This still isn't available for preorder at my gamecrazy.... is there another title it is under? I gotta make sure I get in on this game.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']This still isn't available for preorder at my gamecrazy.... is there another title it is under? I gotta make sure I get in on this game.[/quote]
It'll be under Fire Pro Wrestling Returns or Fire ProWrestling Returns. Someone from the FPC pre ordered it from gamecrazy and the employee told him that they will only be getting pre orders and no extras of the game.

fprreserveyu3.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']good job posting the store location as well as your name, address and phone number, thomas.[/quote]

Haha, I didn't even notice his name and address was on the receipt.

[quote name='RawisJericho']It'll be under Fire Pro Wrestling Returns or Fire ProWrestling Returns. Someone from the FPC pre ordered it from gamecrazy and the employee told him that they will only be getting pre orders and no extras of the game.

fprreserveyu3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. thanks.. I keep telling them.. but they say it's not in the system. I'll try again soon. Oh and if anyone tried. KOF XI and Neo Geo Battle Collesium are both preorderable at Gamecrazy. Gotta love the $14.99 price point.

It is in the system.

Next time, here's a guide to find it yourself:

hit F2
type "p2"
type "fire"
find fire pro wrestling.

next time tell them to just type "fire".

[quote name='Scorch']It is in the system.

Next time, here's a guide to find it yourself:

hit F2
type "p2"
type "fire"
find fire pro wrestling.

next time tell them to just type "fire".[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scorch, I'll try if when I get the chance.

As of this morning, Amazon has moved up their shipping date.

Hello from Amazon.com.

We are writing about the order you placed on September 09 2007 07:56 PDT. The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected:

"Fire Pro Wrestling Returns" [Video Game]
Estimated arrival date: 11/08/2007

Things could change several times in a month, but here's hoping they're right. :applause:

Here are some videos showing off some edited wrestlers. Enjoy.

WWE/ECW
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhG3BwOV-iU[/MEDIA]

WWF
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0saFNBl7qo[/MEDIA]

TNA
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmZ_RtFQSE[/MEDIA]

NWA
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOB5CcIrChM[/MEDIA]

Moves clip
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijeAKVYenGo[/MEDIA]

[quote name='soccerstud652']So what is the best price on this game so far online?[/quote]

I beleive the $14.99 at amazon with no tax is the best price. I'm not sure, but there might be some sites like buy.com that'll let you use Google Checkout and get $10 off of it.

[quote name='mykevermin']$7.39 shipped from buy.com with GCO.[/QUOTE]

I cannot get google checkout to work with Fire Pro returns. How did you do it?

[quote name='CGH']I cannot get google checkout to work with Fire Pro returns. How did you do it?[/quote]

hit the normal check out button (cuz the googlecheckout one is faded out and yer not able to click it). it will then want you to log in...create a new account with buy.com...or checkout with google checkout and get 10 off with a new account.

i'm in cali so mine was like 8.xx something. not bad. really glad i checked out this thread. almost missed out on this :)

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']hit the normal check out button (cuz the googlecheckout one is faded out and yer not able to click it). it will then want you to log in...create a new account with buy.com...or checkout with google checkout and get 10 off with a new account.

i'm in cali so mine was like 8.xx something. not bad. really glad i checked out this thread. almost missed out on this :)[/QUOTE]

I still cannot get it to work. Thanks anyway.

I emailed buy.com customer service to ask why I cannot use gco when I attempt to pre-order FPR this was their response

Hello ______,

Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

This is in reference to your email regarding order placement.

Please note that you can not place the order for a preorder items using
Google checkout. You can purchase most things offered at Buy.com, but
because of the unique nature of a Google Checkout purchase, there are
some restrictions: Google Checkout is incompatible with the following:

Products:
Magazines
Music Downloads
Warranties
Cell Phones (Unlocked phones are OK)
Monitors requiring a Recycle Fee
Marketplace items
Pre-Order items
Out of stock items or items that will come into stock in future

Promotions:
Coupons
Special Promotions

Our Customer Support Department is available via telephone 24 hours a
day and seven days a week. Our toll-free phone number is 1-800-800-0800
(Press Option #3).

Please contact us with any further questions you may have. Your
satisfaction is important to us.

Sincerely,

______
Buy.com Customer Service
www.buy.com

Man, I cannot wait for this one. This is easily my most-anticipated release in the last...what, 3 years? November 6th can't get here fast enough now.

THANK YOU for the tip! I never even thought to try that! Now we can use GCO for all pre-orders! AWESOME! Thanks again matey!

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']hit the normal check out button (cuz the googlecheckout one is faded out and yer not able to click it). it will then want you to log in...create a new account with buy.com...or checkout with google checkout and get 10 off with a new account.

i'm in cali so mine was like 8.xx something. not bad. really glad i checked out this thread. almost missed out on this :)[/quote]

[quote name='TheBookerMan']Does this game have online multiplayer?[/quote]

not in the past, but it should be safe to assume not now, either. unfortunate, but maybe that's what's next for the next-gen consoles... ;)

hmm...if somehow i can get if for $10 shipped (w/o gco), ill bite

it looks good but im unsure of how good it'll be and/or if ill enjoy it

There's cheap, and then there's stupid. It would be stupid to pass on this title even at full price if you're a wrestling fan. I still can't believe it even got picked up for a US release.

bread's done
Back