Fire Pro Wrestling R ($8.98/$10.98/$13.98 @ FamilyVideo) (Amazon/Buy/Agetec shipping)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/15 Edit: Amazon.com, Buy.com, and Agetec.com are shipping out orders.

11/12 Edit: We have a new lowest price after coupon or without coupon (thanks CAG IAmTheCheapestGamer) :

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=279351

$10.98 after using coupon code NEWMEM3F (for existing accounts only, and not new members? Still works for me as of 11/14 at 10:30 PM EST)

$13.98 without the coupon code.

There is also some $5 off codes for new members that might not work anymore:

NEWMEM5F
NEWPGMEM
NEWGWMEM

If anyone can confirm that they work, give the heads up.

-------------------------------------------------------

11/11 Edit: Some notes about the release:

The localization producer from Agetec has stated that November 13th is the *ship date* and most stores will not have it in stock on that exact date, but a couple of days later. I guess that means online orders will ship 2 or 3 days later, as well.

For those looking for it in B&M stores, he also stated:

"Actually, Best Buy is a great place place to buy the title at the CL.
Others good places are Gamestop, Blockbuster, K-mart, Freds, Kaybee Toys, Amazon and of course Agetec’s webstore."

CL = checkout lane.

Edit: Some new screenshots are up at Agetec's site:

http://www.agetec.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=119

Edit: A Localization Producer for Agetec has confirmed the release date as being 11/13 (thanks CAG dopehat):

http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8220&p=100260&hilit=#p100260

Latest Edit:

GoGamer.com looks to have the cheapest non-promo/non-coupon related price at $14.13 shipped:

http://www.gogamer.com/Fire-Pro-Wre...VproductId22388627VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

Also, most e-tailers are giving this an early November release date of November 6th.

----------------------------------------------------
Edit: Agetec has added new box art and has included a video of the game to their website:

http://www.agetec.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=119

---------------------------------------------------
I was hesitant to post this here in the deals forum because it looks like the game will MSRP for under $15 and the links provided below really aren't deals off of that price. However, since Victorious Boxers 2 got CAG love in the VG deals forum here, I'd figure I'd spread the news to fellow bargain hunters looking for a good cheap game. Not to mention if this sells well, it helps the cause for future Spike wrestling games to come to North America.

Anyway, it looks like the critically acclaimed Fire Pro Wrestling Returns from the beloved Fire Pro series of wrestling games (Japan based) is being released in North America with a bargain bin price of around $15 and should be out in mid to late November for the PS2. There is already a CAG forum post about the game here (thread started by CAG pete5883):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146363

The game is up for pre-order here:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=205611610&loc=108 $12.99 (Nov 14th) Buy.com sales rank as of 9/9 = 709

http://www.amazon.com/Agetec-Fire-P...39?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1189330779&sr=1-2 $14.99 (Nov 27th) Amazon.com sales rank as of 9/9 = 566

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7512278&style=games&BAB=M $12.99/12.74 (Nov 14th)

With that price point, buy one for Christmas for everyone you know who has a PS2 or PS3 . :)

Yeah, I just cancelled my "backordered" CDUniverse preorder and ordered through Amazon with 2 Day Shipping. I need it by next Tuesday so I can play it during my vacation, and according to the page, I'm guaranteed to have it delivered on Tuesday. We'll see...

I'm amazed how bad it was to order through CDUniverse, though. That was my first time ordering from them. I won't be doing it again. A preorder placed on 9-26-07 doesn't get fulfilled? Screw you guys, I'm buying somewhere else. :p

Got my buy.com preorder today! (from back in September) weird thing is that they shipped it in a small box with an air pillow, I've ordered games from them before and theyve always used bubble mailers.

Just got an email from FV stating that the item is now backordered. :bomb:. That's the one thing I hate about them is that if I preorder something, I should never get that backordered issue. Isn't that the point of preordering? 2 preorders done in plenty of time in advance and both times, backordered.

If I find a copy locally, I might just buy it and then return the FV copy whenever the hell it comes in.

My game shipped from Amazon. Preordered October 21st. So they're getting pretty caught up.

I just hope it comes before Thanksgiving day if not I'd probably not get it until the following week.

Order is finally shipping from Hubba :D (They are a great choice if Amazon is sucking for ya) although its gonna be here on the 21st which isn't bad. But still great imo.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Got my buy.com preorder today! (from back in September) weird thing is that they shipped it in a small box with an air pillow, I've ordered games from them before and theyve always used bubble mailers.[/QUOTE]

Same thing here. Got the game delivered from Buy.com today (10/16). This was via Budget Shipping, too.

I only ordered last week, and Amazon is already charging my card, and it's listed as "shipping soon." Of course, it's Saturday, so who knows whats going on.

Wow sweet, KoF and Fire Pro Wrestling came in today instead of the estimated delivery date of the 24th. That was pretty fast shipping!

Placed my preorder from Buy.com in October. Just got an email from them saying they're "working hard to fill the order" and that it's backordered now? What kind of crappy business is this?

Tried to cancel my order, but it won't let me log into my account, the forgot password option isn't working, and it won't let me check my order. Last time I buy something from buy.com.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I wonder why EBgames has this for $19.99? when retail price is $15[/quote]

Because they're now owned by Gamestop and as we all know, Gamestop is a money grubbing, evil corporation? :) Or at least those of us who have been paying attention to all of the anti-GS threads know it anyway.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I know Amazon has shipped some but I wouldn't recommend switching to them now because I ordered mine in October from them and still waiting for them to ship it. It seems they're only shipping for now to people who ordered in September or earlier.[/quote]

I don't think this is true. I cancelled my order because I wanted to combine it with a grill pan instead of buying the overpriced PSP component cables. But my order shipped on Saturday.

Sooooo has anyone seen this in a B&M store yet? I'm in the process of moving so I'd like to avoid the hassle of mail-ordering, if I can help it.

[quote name='MadFlava']I don't think this is true. I cancelled my order because I wanted to combine it with a grill pan instead of buying the overpriced PSP component cables. But my order shipped on Saturday.[/quote]

Yeah they've gotten caughten up since my post it seems.

I love it so far. No season mode or anything, so that kind of limits the replay value.

You definitely need to get one of those save transfer kits so you can download one of the custom wrester saves. I downloaded the one from Gamefaqs and it's freakin' awesome. It has every popular wrester you can think of, from WWE to TNA to even some UFC guys.

No sign of my mailman yet, so I'm not confident I'll be getting this today. Although, it seems like many who ordered it and had it shipped via budget shipping still got it in two days or so. I can only hope.

Anyone know where buy.com has warehouses located at? I know someone in this thread said they had one in Arizona or something, but I would think they would have a couple with one for the East Coast at least.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Sooooo has anyone seen this in a B&M store yet? I'm in the process of moving so I'd like to avoid the hassle of mail-ordering, if I can help it.[/QUOTE]

I checked with my Gamestop and they said it'll be in on Wednesday (21st) per an e-mail from corporate

I finally got mine yesterday! Ordered from buy.com with gco back on 4th October. Haven't had a change to play it yet... good luck to those who are still waiting, hope you guys get it before the holiday...

I'm not suprised that this game is 19.99 at gaystop, hell when fatal fury battle archieves and AOF anthology came out GS charged the same price

Speaking of GameStop... if their store locator thingy is to be believed, they don't have a single copy of the game within a 200 mile radius of my location. -_-

[quote name='BustaUppa']Speaking of GameStop... if their store locator thingy is to be believed, they don't have a single copy of the game within a 200 mile radius of my location. -_-[/quote]
[quote name='bostonfrontier']I checked with my Gamestop and they said it'll be in on Wednesday (21st) per an e-mail from corporate[/quote]

got it from family video NOV 15 still never shipped even though it said 1 day

will never do business with them again and will probally call up CC company today to dispute charges if i cant get ahold of them

Had to edit post. LOL only got 90 mins of sleep in the last 2 days ( 3 hours now) and forgot to put in that last part

I saw a few codebreakers (can be used for transfering saves with a usb drive) at my local TRU that were cleareanced for $7, the cheapest I've seen them anywhere. Might be YMMV, but I figured I'd give the heads up for anyone looking to do some save transfers.

Mine shipped from Amazon last friday and still haven't gotten it. It was about 300 miles from me yesterday so I figured it'd be in the mail today but no! Now I gotta wait til Friday.

WOO HOO My copy arrived earlier today in a brown box, but with NO air pillow, it was flopping around in there with my receipt from buy.com.

My mailman just left it on the front porch and stuffed the other mail in the mailbox, as usual.

This is ridiculous! I ordered from FV - yeah I know big mistake. I really am sick of them now. Zelda DS took several weeks to get to me, even though I preordered months in advance. People got their copies earlier than me that ordered much later.

Now this crap. FV was cheapest for me at 10.98 shipped as I already uses GCO and FV $5 off too many times that both caught on. Never again though.

Edit: What device is everyone using to transfer saves?

[quote name='Link127']Edit: What device is everyone using to transfer saves?[/QUOTE]

I used Action Replay Max to transfer mine from a thumb USB drive to my memory card.

OK, here's my first impressions of the game. This coming from a Fire Pro noob. The controls are definitely taking some getting used to, but I already knew how to win the grapples from prior games(WCW vs. The World) which used the 'press the d pad to do a move' deal.

The individual moves and submissions and what not are taking more time to get used to, plus I'm still figuring out where the bleep you have to go to create a wrestler.

The manual was very helpful on alot of fronts, I will definitely say that.

Oh and the definition on the characters is insane for a 2-D game. When I was watching a simmed match before between Kevin Nash and Scott Hall in a cage, I was shocked to see some muscular definition and a well defined face on both.

You could tell who both of them, as well as all of the US wrestlers(well, with a few exceptions)were supposed to be.

Now, if someone would be ever so kind to tell me which menu I have to go into to create my own wrestlers. I know once I get into there, I'll definitely spend at least an hour tweaking the appearance and move sets.

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this as simply as possible(ie which spot I have to start off on to get into the create a wrestler mode).

Other than not figuring out the menu system somewhat, I'm loving this title already. It's the best $8.39 I've ever spent on ANY game.

I love all the match types and the fact that you can just have cpu vs. cpu player and just sit back and watch this beautiful game in action.

Earlier, I had a simmed match, which was a 4 on 1 massacre just about.

Andre, Bret Hart, Terry Funk and I think one of the Road Warriors vs. Bam Bam Bigelow. Bam Bam made comebacks quite a few times, but finally the numbers game beat him down and a sharpshooter(I was shocked to see this actual move name in the game, since I figured WWE or Bret Hart had it TM'd) finished him off.

All in all, like I said already, this is the most fun 2-D game I've played in a long while. I'll probably spend a good amount of the day on Thursday(after waking up from my turkey induced coma like nap) messing with it.

I just got my copy today, and played it for about 10mins, but this game does have a lot of depth.
I'm also a wrestling game noob, so just randomly mashing the buttons wont let me win.
When I get time to play it ill definetly take a look through the manual and learn some moves.
This game is going to be a lot of fun to drop hours into.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm still figuring out where the bleep you have to go to create a wrestler. [/quote] This was a pain for me to find too.

From the main menu, choose Edit, then choose Wrestler.

You should see a list of federations (VFW etc). Choose the federation that you want to create your wrestler in, and press O. This should expand the federation to show all of the subgroups within the federation. Choose which subgroup you want to create the wrestler in, and press X.

You should be in the Wrestler list for that federation's subgroup. Press Square, which should bring up a menu. Choose New.

This should bring you to the extensive wrestler creation screen. Good luck.

As a side tip, press Square on pretty much any menu to bring up a submenu. Often times, a relevant option will be hidden there.

Ahhh yes, thanks for the help and quick response. I think I'm going to find myself making a couple guys tonight to try out the creation mode.

Unfortunately, when I was trying to navigate the menus before, I accidentally created 2-3 new feds, which I gotta figure out how to delete(though I didn't save before shutting off the PS2 so maybe it didn't keep them).

Thanks again for helping a Firepro noob.

re: Editing.

I've played S, G, D, and both GBA games and I don't remember editing and menu navigation being such a pain in the butt as this game...and most of those were in Japanese.

Most of time will be spent simming matches in Match Make mode. I likey.

Just wanted to point out that this is finally showing up on GameStop's store locator. More expensive than it is at most online retailers, but good to know it should be at some B&M's now!

I suggest everyone to avoid buying at gamestop at all cost unless it's the only place you can get it. It's b.s. they're charging $5 more for this game just to stick in their pockets. That $5 goes right to gamestop not to anyone else.

[quote name='tarouza']i am loving this game. file transfers are so easy with ps3 so i have a ton of edits already[/quote]How do you do that on the PS3?

I got this a couple of weeks ago. I played it a couple times and didn't like it. I thought that it was a bad port from the Japanese version. From everyone's reactions here I guess I just have to get used to it.

Do we have a FPR thread for beginners around here somewhere? If not, does someone with experience want to start one?

[quote name='MorPhiend']How do you do that on the PS3?

I got this a couple of weeks ago. I played it a couple times and didn't like it. I thought that it was a bad port from the Japanese version. From everyone's reactions here I guess I just have to get used to it.

Do we have a FPR thread for beginners around here somewhere? If not, does someone with experience want to start one?[/quote]
AFAIK, the US version is the exact same game as the JPN version, except the text has been translated and the Back/Continue navigation buttons were switched to match most other US games.

Give this a read, and ignore any of the JPN specific stuff (like translation guides):
http://home.roadrunner.com/~billwood661/fpr_beginners_guide.pdf

Then try simming a bunch of CPU vs CPU matches, and just watch what they do. Try to notice when the moves execute in comparison to the grapple animation, and try to get a feel for the timing.

[quote name='evilmax17']AFAIK, the US version is the exact same game as the JPN version, except the text has been translated and the Back/Continue navigation buttons were switched to match most other US games.

Give this a read, and ignore any of the JPN specific stuff (like translation guides):
http://home.roadrunner.com/~billwood661/fpr_beginners_guide.pdf

Then try simming a bunch of CPU vs CPU matches, and just watch what they do. Try to notice when the moves execute in comparison to the grapple animation, and try to get a feel for the timing.[/quote]Thanks for the advice. I'm going over the FAQ right now and will sim some matches in a bit.

Anyone have any advice for someone without a PS2 and ARMax? How do I dl saves to me PS3? I have been looking on the net for a solution, but have not found one...

Well i never got am email back from gogamer so they can go fuck themselves for canceling my order. And my Family Video order has been in fufilment since i ordered it i hope they mail me out the damn game some time this century. Im gonna probably try and order it from somewhere else just so i can at least get one copy before they all dissappear.

Anyone else order from family video?

[quote name='MorPhiend']Thanks for the advice. I'm going over the FAQ right now and will sim some matches in a bit.

Anyone have any advice for someone without a PS2 and ARMax? How do I dl saves to me PS3? I have been looking on the net for a solution, but have not found one...[/QUOTE]

It's really easy, and I recommend reading the forums at http://www.fireproclub.com/ for more information. Basically, you save a PS3 PSV file onto a memory stick. The PSV file should be in this format: PS3/Export/PSV/BASLUS-21702.PSV.

Once you do that, go to the PS3, insert your memory stick, and go to the memory card utility. If you haven't already made a PS2 virtual card, go ahead and do it now. Once it's made, go up to your USB card, press triangle and copy your save to your new PS2 card.

Now, if you're copying saves from other people onto your base save, you'll want to do the same process, but copy it to another virtual PS2 card. Assign your virtual PS2 card with your base save to memory card slot 1, and the one with edits to the virtual slot 2. The slot 2 can have saves from the Japanese version. You can tell because when you copy the American save, it says FPR (I believe, I'm going from memory), but when you copy the Japanese save, it has Japanese writing.

What I did was go to fireproclub.com and download the MMR save as a base save so that everyone is renamed correctly from the start, then I went to the forum thread with PS3 saves and downloaded the packs from Senator, Phil Parent, and Captain Howdy. This gives you most of the wrestlers that I wanted, along with other cool surprises. For instance, Captain Howdy's pack has the old Nintendo Pro Wrestling characters, and I think his pack has the Punch-Out characters as well. It was really cool having the Starman and King Slender fights again.

Keep in mind, you can only have one of the FirePro PSV saves on the number 2 virtual memory card at a time, since they're all named the exact same filename. I haven't switched filenames to test if you can have more than one. I just simply downloaded Phil's pack, copied the wrestlers over, then saved my file, quit the game, then went back to my computer, copied Senator's pack to my USB drive, and started again. I believe you can do the same with logos, but I still haven't found PSV versions of the old WWF and WCW logos, they all seem to be in PS2 MAX format for now, and I don't have a PS2 to PS3 converter.

This is all from memory, but that site really makes it easy to understand as long as you go through a few of the forum threads. Have fun!

[quote name='Layd Dly']Well i never got am email back from gogamer so they can go fuck themselves for canceling my order. And my Family Video order has been in fufilment since i ordered it i hope they mail me out the damn game some time this century. Im gonna probably try and order it from somewhere else just so i can at least get one copy before they all dissappear.

Anyone else order from family video?[/quote]

yeah, i ordered from FV. i'm really getting tired of their crap. my order has been sitting "In Fulfillment" since release day, with no end in sight. :bomb:

bread's done
Back