Fire Pro Wrestling R ($8.98/$10.98/$13.98 @ FamilyVideo) (Amazon/Buy/Agetec shipping)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
11/15 Edit: Amazon.com, Buy.com, and Agetec.com are shipping out orders.

11/12 Edit: We have a new lowest price after coupon or without coupon (thanks CAG IAmTheCheapestGamer) :

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=279351

$10.98 after using coupon code NEWMEM3F (for existing accounts only, and not new members? Still works for me as of 11/14 at 10:30 PM EST)

$13.98 without the coupon code.

There is also some $5 off codes for new members that might not work anymore:

NEWMEM5F
NEWPGMEM
NEWGWMEM

If anyone can confirm that they work, give the heads up.

-------------------------------------------------------

11/11 Edit: Some notes about the release:

The localization producer from Agetec has stated that November 13th is the *ship date* and most stores will not have it in stock on that exact date, but a couple of days later. I guess that means online orders will ship 2 or 3 days later, as well.

For those looking for it in B&M stores, he also stated:

"Actually, Best Buy is a great place place to buy the title at the CL.
Others good places are Gamestop, Blockbuster, K-mart, Freds, Kaybee Toys, Amazon and of course Agetec’s webstore."

CL = checkout lane.

Edit: Some new screenshots are up at Agetec's site:

http://www.agetec.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=119

Edit: A Localization Producer for Agetec has confirmed the release date as being 11/13 (thanks CAG dopehat):

http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8220&p=100260&hilit=#p100260

Latest Edit:

GoGamer.com looks to have the cheapest non-promo/non-coupon related price at $14.13 shipped:

http://www.gogamer.com/Fire-Pro-Wre...VproductId22388627VVcatId444710VVviewprod.htm

Also, most e-tailers are giving this an early November release date of November 6th.

----------------------------------------------------
Edit: Agetec has added new box art and has included a video of the game to their website:

http://www.agetec.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=119

---------------------------------------------------
I was hesitant to post this here in the deals forum because it looks like the game will MSRP for under $15 and the links provided below really aren't deals off of that price. However, since Victorious Boxers 2 got CAG love in the VG deals forum here, I'd figure I'd spread the news to fellow bargain hunters looking for a good cheap game. Not to mention if this sells well, it helps the cause for future Spike wrestling games to come to North America.

Anyway, it looks like the critically acclaimed Fire Pro Wrestling Returns from the beloved Fire Pro series of wrestling games (Japan based) is being released in North America with a bargain bin price of around $15 and should be out in mid to late November for the PS2. There is already a CAG forum post about the game here (thread started by CAG pete5883):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146363

The game is up for pre-order here:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=205611610&loc=108 $12.99 (Nov 14th) Buy.com sales rank as of 9/9 = 709

http://www.amazon.com/Agetec-Fire-P...39?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1189330779&sr=1-2 $14.99 (Nov 27th) Amazon.com sales rank as of 9/9 = 566

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7512278&style=games&BAB=M $12.99/12.74 (Nov 14th)

With that price point, buy one for Christmas for everyone you know who has a PS2 or PS3 . :)

GameCrazy finally got it in, on black friday no less. Picked it up. It's still sealed. It'll be a bit before I can get into it. I need to learn how to transfer saves.

Would a USB flash drive work with transferring stuff, or do I need one of those memory stick dual pro whatevers? I have a 1gb and 2gb mem card for my PSP, do those work on PS3?

[quote name='Silly Burrito']It's really easy, and I recommend reading the forums at http://www.fireproclub.com/ for more information. Basically, you save a PS3 PSV file onto a memory stick. The PSV file should be in this format: PS3/Export/PSV/BASLUS-21702.PSV.

Once you do that, go to the PS3, insert your memory stick, and go to the memory card utility. If you haven't already made a PS2 virtual card, go ahead and do it now. Once it's made, go up to your USB card, press triangle and copy your save to your new PS2 card.

Now, if you're copying saves from other people onto your base save, you'll want to do the same process, but copy it to another virtual PS2 card. Assign your virtual PS2 card with your base save to memory card slot 1, and the one with edits to the virtual slot 2. The slot 2 can have saves from the Japanese version. You can tell because when you copy the American save, it says FPR (I believe, I'm going from memory), but when you copy the Japanese save, it has Japanese writing.

What I did was go to fireproclub.com and download the MMR save as a base save so that everyone is renamed correctly from the start, then I went to the forum thread with PS3 saves and downloaded the packs from Senator, Phil Parent, and Captain Howdy. This gives you most of the wrestlers that I wanted, along with other cool surprises. For instance, Captain Howdy's pack has the old Nintendo Pro Wrestling characters, and I think his pack has the Punch-Out characters as well. It was really cool having the Starman and King Slender fights again.

Keep in mind, you can only have one of the FirePro PSV saves on the number 2 virtual memory card at a time, since they're all named the exact same filename. I haven't switched filenames to test if you can have more than one. I just simply downloaded Phil's pack, copied the wrestlers over, then saved my file, quit the game, then went back to my computer, copied Senator's pack to my USB drive, and started again. I believe you can do the same with logos, but I still haven't found PSV versions of the old WWF and WCW logos, they all seem to be in PS2 MAX format for now, and I don't have a PS2 to PS3 converter.

This is all from memory, but that site really makes it easy to understand as long as you go through a few of the forum threads. Have fun![/quote]Thanks. That looks complicated. But you say it's simple, so I'll try to figure it out later when I have more time. I didn't realize there were PSV files available (I couldn't find any).

[quote name='Silly Burrito']It's really easy, and I recommend reading the forums at http://www.fireproclub.com/ for more information. Basically, you save a PS3 PSV file onto a memory stick. The PSV file should be in this format: PS3/Export/PSV/BASLUS-21702.PSV.

Once you do that, go to the PS3, insert your memory stick, and go to the memory card utility. If you haven't already made a PS2 virtual card, go ahead and do it now. Once it's made, go up to your USB card, press triangle and copy your save to your new PS2 card.

Now, if you're copying saves from other people onto your base save, you'll want to do the same process, but copy it to another virtual PS2 card. Assign your virtual PS2 card with your base save to memory card slot 1, and the one with edits to the virtual slot 2. The slot 2 can have saves from the Japanese version. You can tell because when you copy the American save, it says FPR (I believe, I'm going from memory), but when you copy the Japanese save, it has Japanese writing.

What I did was go to fireproclub.com and download the MMR save as a base save so that everyone is renamed correctly from the start, then I went to the forum thread with PS3 saves and downloaded the packs from Senator, Phil Parent, and Captain Howdy. This gives you most of the wrestlers that I wanted, along with other cool surprises. For instance, Captain Howdy's pack has the old Nintendo Pro Wrestling characters, and I think his pack has the Punch-Out characters as well. It was really cool having the Starman and King Slender fights again.

Keep in mind, you can only have one of the FirePro PSV saves on the number 2 virtual memory card at a time, since they're all named the exact same filename. I haven't switched filenames to test if you can have more than one. I just simply downloaded Phil's pack, copied the wrestlers over, then saved my file, quit the game, then went back to my computer, copied Senator's pack to my USB drive, and started again. I believe you can do the same with logos, but I still haven't found PSV versions of the old WWF and WCW logos, they all seem to be in PS2 MAX format for now, and I don't have a PS2 to PS3 converter.

This is all from memory, but that site really makes it easy to understand as long as you go through a few of the forum threads. Have fun![/quote]

dude i dont think anything ive ever seen has been this perfectly explained, yet i don't understand one word of it... im computer retarded, so ill have to try to follow along slowly and try to make something of this... step 1... find out what a psv file is...... :booty:

[quote name='saldogg']dude i dont think anything ive ever seen has been this perfectly explained, yet i don't understand one word of it... im computer retarded, so ill have to try to follow along slowly and try to make something of this... step 1... find out what a psv file is...... :booty:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I think. ;)

A PSV file is simply a Playstation 2 save file converted for use with a Playstation 3. Since the PS3 has the ability to hook up an USB drive, you can easily hook one up and upload and download Playstation 2 saves to your machine, but they have to be in the PSV format.

If you remember, the PS2 only had two memory card slots, so the PS3 has to emulate them in the same form so that PS2 games won't have problems. That's why you're creating a virtual PS2 memory card and adding these saves. Just think of downloading these saves as the equivalent of your Firepro obsessed friend coming over to your house with his three or four memory cards, and you're copying and choosing the best of what he's created.

Since the cards are virtual and not physical, you have to work a little bit with the menus to get the same effect, but trust me, it is easy once you figure it out.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Thanks. That looks complicated. But you say it's simple, so I'll try to figure it out later when I have more time. I didn't realize there were PSV files available (I couldn't find any).[/QUOTE]

If you look in their forum under American FPR saves, you'll find different threads with (PS3) at the beginning of the thread title. After you register, you can go to those threads and download the files associated. For example, last night I downloaded two files. One was for the 1988 WWF (which was when I first started watching wrestling), and another was for the WWE/WCW/Nitro/NWA logos. I haven't added them to my PS3 yet, but it'll be soon.

Just keep in mind, they're happy if you submit your personal edits, but DO NOT just download someone else's files, mix and match different characters, and upload the compilation pack as your own. They really frown heavily on that idea, and it may get you banned.

You can transfer saves with a Codebreaker and a (seperate) thumb drive. Codebreaker is, currently, on clearance at TRU for $6.98

It DOES NOT work with newer slim PSTwos, however.

[quote name='carthitup']You can transfer saves with a Codebreaker and a (seperate) thumb drive. Codebreaker is, currently, on clearance at TRU for $6.98

It DOES NOT work with newer slim PSTwos, however.[/quote]
I have one in the mail, thanks for the confirmation. Glad I took the gamble!

update on familyvideo order

Tuesday got email sayign backorder

Today saying ITEM CANCELL PER MY REQUEST (what i never requsted

#$#$## family video

Mine finally shipped as well. only took them 14 days and now another 5-10 to wait for shipping. Nothing like pre-ordering and waiting a month after release to get it. At least i saved some money.

[quote name='CaoPi']I'm tempted to get this game, but been backlogged, the depth is pretty deep I heard?[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. You can customize it to play any way you want to your heart's desire. However, the one player goal oriented gameplay is kinda lacking compared to past games in the series.

So I noticed that one of the dealers selling this through Amazon is Target... anyone seen this game in Target? Or maybe fry's? I'm tempted to get it at Gamestop, but they seemed to have jacked the retail price up by 5 bucks...

Is this the type of game I better jump on while its available? I need something to add to my Dracula X Chronicles on amazon to get free shipping.

I liked wrestling games in the past (WCWvsNWO), WWF Royal Rumble etc. when I rememebered to buy them.

[quote name='paddlefoot']Is this the type of game I better jump on while its available? I need something to add to my Dracula X Chronicles on amazon to get free shipping.

I liked wrestling games in the past (WCWvsNWO), WWF Royal Rumble etc. when I rememebered to buy them.[/quote]

Yes, buy it now.

For what it's worth, my order with FV placed on Nov 13, 2007 has just shipped. I used the $3 off code rather than the $5 off (didnt work at the time).

This is the second copy I am getting (got the first one from buy with GCO), and I am keeping it sealed... may well be worth a bit in a few years time...

I too ordered it from Family Video. I got no response for two weeks. Wednesday I got an e-mail saying the game was backordered. Today (Thurs.), I got another e-mail saying it shipped. Hopefully I'll be playing this bad boy soon!

Only place I've seen that has it is Gamestop and they typically only got in ONE copy for each store. So, expect to get a gutted copy if you buy it there.

Oh and also expect to pay $5 over the normal MSRP of $14.99, since they want $19.99 for it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Only place I've seen that has it is Gamestop and they typically only got in ONE copy for each store. So, expect to get a gutted copy if you buy it there.

Oh and also expect to pay $5 over the normal MSRP of $14.99, since they want $19.99 for it.[/quote]

I went to my local TRU and saw these today for 14.99. You can make it cheaper by buying 3 getting one free on this weeks special. It might be hard finding 4 games you would like though.

[quote name='Optical']Do any B&M have the game? I went to Best Buy and couldn't find it in the PS2 rack.[/QUOTE]

Could be a front lane or front row or whatever they're called game there...

also check:

TRU
Kmart
Dollar Tree Gen. Store
GameCrazy
Blockbuster

BTW, after a month, an estimated 10,078 copies have been sold.

I was extremely frustrated at first when playing this series many years ago on Saturn at my friends house 6men scramble jp version. I am glad I bought this FPR Returns, with time and a little patience I got the hang of the grapple system this is one of the best wrestling games I have ever played next to the AKI grappling system being close 2nd. Thanks for the heads up.

This, King Of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum are at K-Mart for $9.99 a piece. Really surprised to find them there. I found them up by the registers with big white 9.99 stickers on them

[quote name='fart_bubble']This, King Of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum are at K-Mart for $9.99 a piece. Really surprised to find them there. I found them up by the registers with big white 9.99 stickers on them[/quote]

That might be the best $29.97 you ever spend in your life. Your LIFE! :D

[quote name='Puffa469']That might be the best $29.97 you ever spend in your life. Your LIFE! :D[/QUOTE]

All I really wanted was Fire Pro (after Lamestop rejected me twice on reserving the game. And one of the times, it was still a month before the release) but I've also been in the market for some new fighters and I've always dug the KoF series and NGBC intrigues me for the cast on it.

this may have been asked before but just wanted to confirm before paying the meager $15 this game costs: is it backwards compatible w/ ps3 60 gig? I actually am an owner of the discontinued 20 gig ps3 but it has the same bc ability.
btw I checked ps3 support website and nothing comes up on bc info search for fire pro.

[quote name='fart_bubble']This, King Of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum are at K-Mart for $9.99 a piece. Really surprised to find them there. I found them up by the registers with big white 9.99 stickers on them[/quote]

I am now ~definitely~ heading to KMart tomorrow morning (aka in a couple hours) to check this out. That would be an awesome deal and my KMart is generally easy enough to find clearanced and cheap things at. :applause:

[quote name='wolfpackgamer']this may have been asked before but just wanted to confirm before paying the meager $15 this game costs: is it backwards compatible w/ ps3 60 gig? I actually am an owner of the discontinued 20 gig ps3 but it has the same bc ability.
btw I checked ps3 support website and nothing comes up on bc info search for fire pro.[/QUOTE]
Works on my 80gig, so it should work on yours since it's BC is better.

bread's done
Back