Fire Pro Wrestling!

I saw this on my iPod Touch and got excited, but then I saw that it was 3D... and used Avatars.

They should have just ported the American version of FP Returns and added online matches and online roster sharing/wrestler sharing. That'd have been ideal.

I'll definitely download the demo though.

I'm excited for it and yet disapointed. If Avatar wrestling is a mode, then yeah I'll mess around with it, but the whole game? It better play like mo'fo to look like that.

It does look nothing like Fire Pro. But if the customizing and moves and everything are still in it as a down loadable title, It should be good. I just wish they kept with the 2d honestly. I have a fear that this might be for the younger people that are use to the WWE engine.

Let's ask Mr. Horse how he feels about cutesy avatar Fire Pro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ3acvz5LfI#t=0m06s

You can tell just by looking that this is not a game that feature the electrified barbed-wire time bomb deathmatch. Someone mentioned Saturday Night Slam Masters, though. Man, I'd play that on Live.

[quote name='KaneRobot']While they had to go and shit in my ice cream with 3D and Avatars, well...at least it's still Fire Pro. I hope.[/QUOTE]

Also, I only found out about Kevin McCarthy's death when I saw your signature. I knew about Bastion Booger the day of. WTF, news media.

Fire Pro Wrestling with .... AVATARS?!?!

292toxc.gif

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']I have faith in Spike to create something worthwhile out of this concept.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Amazed at the negativity so far.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Ditto. Amazed at the negativity so far.[/QUOTE]

I'm not. When you see the name Fire Pro, you expect something specific. At least on the surface, this is nothing like what is expected at all. The headline is a dream, the details thus far are a wake-up call.

Cole gif = amazing.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I'm not. When you see the name Fire Pro, you expect something specific. At least on the surface, this is nothing like what is expected at all. The headline is a dream, the details thus far are a wake-up call.

Cole gif = amazing.[/QUOTE]

So far the details are 3D and Avatar support, that's all. I'll jump on the negativity bandwagon if details are released that instead of just supporting avatars it will be mandatory and all the characters look like that as well as if the customization options the series is known for are missing.

In the meantime all I know is that I've enjoyed every Fire Pro game I've played so far, and I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that Spike would not name this Fire Pro Wrestling if the final product was nothing like a Fire Pro game.

I've enjoyed this series in the past but... ehh, this one looks horrible so far. Hopefully the gameplay will hold up better than the crappy-looking visuals.

Backlash (for lack of a better word) is neither surprising nor unexpected, not when your product has a very specific fanbase and it has been virtually unchanged since 1989. I'm not saying it can't be great, I'm just saying it shouldn't be called Fire Pro.

I'll be interested to see how this game does. I tried to get into FPR on the PS2 but had a HARD time mastering the controls. For someone like me looking for a casual wrestling game, this could be fun. But I completely understand about coming to expect a certain product from Spike. For true FP fans, it looks like it should be avoided at all cost.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Well, even worse news sadly enough.

http://kotaku.com/5640876/fire-pro-wrestling-is-all-avatars-no-beefy-men

That really sucks. What did i expect though? :/[/QUOTE]

From the article: "the deep gameplay looks like it is going to stay."

This is all I care about. I just want to know more about how the game plays. The Fire Pro Games aren't exactly known for their graphical quality

I'm just saying it shouldn't be called Fire Pro.

According to the article the final product might not be.

bread's done
Back