Firefly $19.86 @ Walmart B&M YMMV [Back In Stock!]

I do have some errands to run today. I'll try to stop by my wal-mart and see if it is on sale. I'll let you know later tonight (a little after 6pm PST).

Nice find, very tempting to pull the trigger at this price. But I've probably picked up 2-3 dozen new DVD sets in the past month or so with all of the DDD sales and Xmas gifts... (Still have some incoming from the B1G1 DDD sale.) And I'm pretty sure I caught every episode during it's original run, so I don't know.

Lucky SOBs in Dallas-Fort Worth can get in-store pickup...

Good price, but shipping evens it out with the DDD sale for me.

Edit: my local Wal-Mart prices are different from online.

@.@ Damnit, of course this comes after I blow too much at TRU and can't afford it. Nice find, and more than worth it for this awesome awesome series.

good prices on murder one and firefly...may run out to a local walmart after work..thanks for the post

My local has one, and I am going to pick it up. Asked the clerk to price check it and it rang up 19.86 also. Nice. Thanks OP!

Going to try to PM this at Circuit City I think... they charge $40 for it, so after the 110% it comes to $18 bucks which kills the tax.

Great great price for an excellent awesome amazing great series. Hope I lauded it up enough for those that were on the fence. Go and buy this at your local Walmart or order or whatever. Totally worth it. I have mine from the DDD sale and don't regret it one bit.

my local walmart didn't have any of these DVDs. I am going to try another walmart sometime this week. Thanks for the info OP.

One Walmart I've gone to was totally out of anything from the list. Gonna check anot her, but I doubt they have any either. Might have to just order online or PM over at DDD.

Here's a question for you CAGs, if I PM over at DDD like they say they approve would I still receive free shipping with it?

Just got back from Walmart and secured a copy of Firefly. $20.85 after tax.

I've never heard of the series but will bite after the high praise from CAGers and the overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Picked up Firefly and Wondefalls. May go back for Lone Gunman, Millennium, and MASH Season 2.[/QUOTE]

I also saw some Millennium at one of my Wal-Marts. Is this series worth it? I haven't seen any of it.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I've never heard of the series but will bite after the high praise from CAGers and the overwhelmingly positive reviews on Amazon. Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

It's not a bad series. It is a rip off of the anime Outlaw Star. I know there are a lot of similarities between the two. My friend doesn't want to watch it because Joss Whedon didn't give credit to the anime series.

[quote name='Psykodelik']It's not a bad series. It is a rip off of the anime Outlaw Star. I know there are a lot of similarities between the two. My friend doesn't want to watch it because Joss Whedon didn't give credit to the anime series.[/QUOTE]

Wait, seriously? I've seen Outlaw Star and thought it was pretty good but nothing special. I wonder how similar the two are...

Anyone know if this is in an ad somewhere, my wal mart was out of stock on firefly. and i have gift cards to meijer that i could use if i could pm it.

[quote name='anadune']I also saw some Millennium at one of my Wal-Marts. Is this series worth it? I haven't seen any of it.[/QUOTE]
1st Season of Millenium is definitely worth it, the other 2 seasons...that's debateable.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Wait, seriously? I've seen Outlaw Star and thought it was pretty good but nothing special. I wonder how similar the two are...[/QUOTE]
I've only seen an episode or so of Outlaw Star when it first aired on Cartoon Network and from what I've seen the setting and premise are similar but calling Firefly a complete rip-off of Outlaw Star seems to bes a bit of a stretch.

I guess once you watch Firefly you can tell us your opinion of its similarity to Outlaw Star.

[quote name='thealternakid']Anyone know if this is in an ad somewhere, my wal mart was out of stock on firefly. and i have gift cards to meijer that i could use if i could pm it.[/QUOTE]

Circuit City accepts online price matches... just print out the Wal-Mart page and try your luck there.

[quote name='thealternakid']I thought about doing that, but i thought it had to be in stock online in order to be accepted. but it is worth a try[/QUOTE]

YMMV on that depending on the cashier.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I've only seen an episode or so of Outlaw Star when it first aired on Cartoon Network and from what I've seen the setting and premise are similar but calling Firefly a complete rip-off of Outlaw Star seems to bes a bit of a stretch.

I guess once you watch Firefly you can tell us your opinion of its similarity to Outlaw Star.[/QUOTE]

I would not call Firefly a complete roip off of outlaw star but it does plagerize some parts without giving credit. I wouldn't have a problem if they didn't give some credit. And the timing of it is awfully suspicious.

I've had the same problem with Star Trek. The Borg are a cross between the Daleks and the Cybermen, the two most popular villians from Dr Who. Complete lines are lifted from them. Instead of "You will be exterminated," it's, "You will be assimilated." The Daleks often say "Resistance is futile."

They also had an episode of DS9 where they plagerized, "Who goes there."

In TV land they have a much faster and looser rules when it comes to plagerism, but being someone from the writing side, that's the unforgiveable sin.

Don't get me wrong. I still like the series. Rip-off just came to mind because my friend and I talked about the series earlier and he's the one that doesn't want any part of it. With that in mind, I also noticed the similarites with Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. Both I like.

This is everything my Wal-Mart had on sale at 19.97 -

TRU Calling S1
Pretender S1
Shield S1
Lost in Space S1 + S2
Millenium S1
Malcolm in the Middle S1
Arrested Development S1

Didn't find Firefly at all, but I'm starting to think other stores will soon put these same movies on sale... this looks to be Fox's answer to WB's 19.99 price drop on first seasons a couple of weeks back.

[quote name='thealternakid']I thought about doing that, but i thought it had to be in stock online in order to be accepted. but it is worth a try[/QUOTE]

do what i did. open up photoshop or ms paint if you dont have PS. then copy the firefly page that says out of stock. delete that portion of the firefly page. then copy another page of something that is in stock. cut and paste the part that says instock. it should match perfectly.

i took it to bestbuy. the first time i got some cashier who said that they didnt match online prices. today i went in and got a new cashier who did it right away.

I've had the same problem with Star Trek. The Borg are a cross between the Daleks and the Cybermen, the two most popular villians from Dr Who. Complete lines are lifted from them. Instead of "You will be exterminated," it's, "You will be assimilated." The Daleks often say "Resistance is futile."

In TV land they have a much faster and looser rules when it comes to plagerism, but being someone from the writing side, that's the unforgiveable sin.

Anyone ever noticed the same thing with the so called sci-fi "original" movies.? Seems like they've ripped off everything from day after tomorrow to the cave.

[quote name='Bstiff']I've had the same problem with Star Trek. The Borg are a cross between the Daleks and the Cybermen, the two most popular villians from Dr Who. Complete lines are lifted from them. Instead of "You will be exterminated," it's, "You will be assimilated." The Daleks often say "Resistance is futile."

Anyone ever noticed the same thing with the so called sci-fi "original" movies.? Seems like they've ripped off everything from day after tomorrow to the cave.[/QUOTE]

Sci-Fi Channel "Original Movie" = Rip off of any popular big budget movie minus the budget.

i'm sure this has been said already, but if any of you guys are on the fence, or just don't know about this show, do a blind buy and do not think twice.

It is terrific..

[quote name='gsr']i'm sure this has been said already, but if any of you guys are on the fence, or just don't know about this show, do a blind buy and do not think twice.

It is terrific..[/QUOTE]
Indeed, 20 bucks for over 8 hours of entertainment ain't too shabby, especially at the prices sci-fi shows typically sell for (Star Trek series fans I feel your pain).

[quote name='guardian_owl']Indeed, 20 bucks for over 8 hours of entertainment ain't too shabby, especially at the prices sci-fi shows typically sell for (Star Trek series fans I feel your pain).[/QUOTE]

Same goes for the X-Files. :bomb:

Sweetness - thanks guardian for the tip!

And BTW, just to comment on your earlier post - EVERY season of Millennium is worth watching! Although season one on the whole is the best, the other two have their merits.

Jeremy

[quote name='Roufuss']OOS... time to try my hand at PM'ing at Circuit City (if I can find a copy there).[/QUOTE]
damn, they must not have had many in stock.

bread's done
Back