Firefly $19.99 (new regular price?) at Target

Legolas813

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
For the past few weeks, many people have been reporting Firefly to be $19.99 at Target, and it doesn't seem to be part of any sale. I was at Target myself yesterday and Firefly was in fact $19.99 and there was a little thing that said something about a price drop or new low price, I can't remember. Looks like this could be the new regular price at Target. Good news I guess for those who have yet to purchase this great DVD set.

BTW, a special edition of Serenity (the movie that takes place after the Firefly show) will be released this summer. So you may want to wait for that before purchasing the regular Serenity DVD.

[quote name='Legolas813']BTW, a special edition of Serenity (the movie that takes place after the Firefly show) will be released this summer. So you may want to wait for that before purchasing the regular Serenity DVD.[/QUOTE]

From what I have seen however its just a few more photo galleries. Unless something else has been announced since the original press release then I'd say buy the current "Serenity" DVD.

Not that I cared for the movie anyways... they fucking killed too many characters off.

Firefly and Serenity were both great though. A shame the tv series ended so fast. I didn't realize the movie came after the the tv show too. Either way the fact that the cast was the same from both is pretty damn good.

Edit: Summer Glau is hot but Morena Baccarin is hawter

I recently watched through the entire season and I must say, it's a tragedy that it didn't get the attention it deserved.

Both great shows the Firefly dvds have been 19.99 at my local target for a long time now. Of course it only changed a few week after I paid full price but still at 20.00 bucks its a steal for such a great show.

Yeah the show seems to be a normal $20 now.

And the movie sucked compared to the show. Compared to other movies it was good.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I didn't realize the movie came after the the tv show too.
Edit: Summer Glau is hot but Morena Baccarin is hawter[/QUOTE]

Umm...are you blind or "special"?

The movie has charaters DIE that were in the TV show so how could the movie be before the show?

I love the show and movie, but have debated purchasing the show over hopes/fear that they will release a new boxset of the show? Anybody ever hear any rumblings of that happening?

Hate to say it my Target had thisf or 20$ months ago, grabbed it, the 4th Family Guy set and the 2nd Super Mario Bros Super Show set in one trip. I had been wanting this set foryears... now if I can find HBOs Rome cheap...

[quote name='georox']Hate to say it my Target had thisf or 20$ months ago[/QUOTE]

Firefly goes on sale about once a month at some store or another (I got mine for $17.99 at Circuit City a few months ago), but this price drop at Target is worth a mention because it seems the price is finally going to stay at that point.

[quote name='darkrage']I love the show and movie, but have debated purchasing the show over hopes/fear that they will release a new boxset of the show? Anybody ever hear any rumblings of that happening?[/QUOTE]

Why would they release the show?

[quote name='georox']Hate to say it my Target had thisf or 20$ months ago, grabbed it, the 4th Family Guy set and the 2nd Super Mario Bros Super Show set in one trip. I had been wanting this set foryears... now if I can find HBOs Rome cheap...[/quote]

I got Rome for like $30 at Best Buy Christmas Eve when they had a sale, maybe they'll have another

I heard that three new Serenity comic books are being made, so I went ahead and bought the first three today (they're compiled in the 'Serenity: Those Left Behind' graphic novel; the story takes place between Firefly and Serenity). Bought it for $8 at Borders with this week's 20% off coupon.

[quote name='David85']Umm...are you blind or "special"?

The movie has charaters DIE that were in the TV show so how could the movie be before the show?[/QUOTE]

Watch the personal attacks.

[quote name='Demolition Man']From what I have seen however its just a few more photo galleries. Unless something else has been announced since the original press release then I'd say buy the current "Serenity" DVD.[/quote]
Oh no, it's MUCH more than that. It will have all the Region 4 Australia bonus extras, PLUS a new commentary with Joss and selected cast members, The Tam Sessions, and there's something about new key art...
From the boss himself: http://whedonesque.com/comments/12606#164745

[quote name='Demolition Man']
Not that I cared for the movie anyways... they fucking killed too many characters off.
[/quote]
That's Joss Whedon's trademark! :)

[quote name='Legolas813']I heard that three new Serenity comic books are being made, so I went ahead and bought the first three today (they're compiled in the 'Serenity: Those Left Behind' graphic novel; the story takes place between Firefly and Serenity). Bought it for $8 at Borders with this week's 20% off coupon.[/QUOTE]

They are, but I haven't heard anything about them in months. They take place during the show.

And if you can't tell the movie comes after the show then something is obviously wrong.

[quote name='David85']And if you can't tell the movie comes after the show then something is obviously wrong.[/quote]
That is of course assuming that VipFREAK knew ahead of watching the show which characters were regulars in it...

At least there a lots of people who like it and are interested though. Yay for that! ^.^;

Can we drop it... when I "discovered" the show my friend had recommended the movie to me first not the show so I watched the movie then the show.
1rolleyes3ho.gif

bread's done
Back