FireFly Lightning Deal (DVD & Blu @ 10am & 12am)

Beat me to it. Yeah not sure whether it's the show or the movie yet.

Heard the show blu transfers were lacking a bit, with the cgi that was done only being done for broadcast resolution. But apparently the movie is gorgeous.

Firefly on blu ray is uneven. A lot of it looks really good, but out of nowhere a scene will look overly grainy, or the blacks are overpowering. Toss on top of that the CGI issue mentioned above and it becomes a lackluster release. However, it STILL looks much better than the DVD release. Overall, I still recommend it :p

Serenity? Yah, the movie looked fuckin awesome...

FYI, Firefly on Blu-ray was recently $36 on DeepDiscount.com, for those that want to beat that price.

I'll probably grab this if it's somewhere

well, if they take the same amount of money off the blu-ray as the DVD version (-$20.50) it would be $34.99, so that's my official prediction.

[quote name='guardian_owl']well, if they take the same amount of money off the blu-ray as the DVD version (-$20.50) it would be $34.99, so that's my official prediction.[/QUOTE]

Eh, if so, not enough of a drop for me. Here's to hoping it's a bigger price drop.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Eh, if so, not enough of a drop for me. Here's to hoping it's a bigger price drop.[/QUOTE]

Same. I already own the DVD set, so I need it < $30 for me to even think about biting. I'd love it at $25, but I think that's a pipedream.

Nice! I would totally have missed this. I have the second half of Firefly on DVD (long story, and not a cool one, bro) but I'd love to get the blu for ~$30.

The price for the bluray is $26. *sigh* Now I have to decide if I actually want it!

Edit: I bit. I've been eyeing this for a while, and I don't think I'll ever see it lower. Now I just need to get rid of my DVD set.

Wow, $25.99. Remember, there are some exclusive bonus features like a 30 minute roundtable and an extra commentary track on I believe it's "Our Mrs. Reynolds".

edit:
Don't decide for too long, almost half are gone already.

[quote name='Joda84']25.99 for blu.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, nice price. I don't think I can pass this up. Doubtful I'll find it any cheaper anytime soon.

EDIT: Just remembered I still have the $25 credit from the Marvel Omnibus fiasco over at Amazon this past weekend. Free Firefly on Blu-ray for me! Sweeet.

Bought. Was waiting for a Blu-ray deal on this, sold the DVDs previously in anticipation of such.

oh well i paid an extra 10 bucks for Deep discount ( i still haven't received it yet) and it just shipped yesterday, its rare that this happeneds to me. lol everyonce in awhile i over pay!! :(

Figures. Call Deep Discount to cancel my order, and it is being shipped right now. Oh well. Bought it 3 weeks ago, would've been nice to have it already.

Just got a PS3 on Wed and wanted to find a good BR deal on either Band of Brothers or Firefly ... thanx OP. My first BR purchase!

[quote name='bones56']oh well i paid an extra 10 bucks for Deep discount ( i still haven't received it yet) and it just shipped yesterday, its rare that this happeneds to me. lol everyonce in awhile i over pay!! :([/QUOTE]

Same here.. Tried to cancel the DD order (After not shipping for a month or so...) only to see that they shipped it yesterday.. ah well.

I'm so disappointed that I missed out on this. I'd been waiting all day, and then I was on a phone call that caused me to check 15 minutes after the sale started. Gone Daddy Gone.

[quote name='41down']i have one sitting in my cart but ive never seen the show. is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

Very much so. Look at how fast that went. Do you think it would be bad if all those copies flew off the site.

[quote name='Pan1c42']Very much so. Look at how fast that went. Do you think it would be bad if all those copies flew off the site.[/QUOTE]

well say for someone who has never really watched many sci-fi shows/movies...

[quote name='Pan1c42']GONE after only 13 minutes on the market. One of the fastest ones I've seen for sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pretty surprising it went so quick. Guess it just shows that Firefly still has a strong fanbase. It's definitely one of my all-time favorite TV shows.

[quote name='41down']well say for someone who has never really watched many sci-fi shows/movies...[/QUOTE]
its a fantastic show, and the greatest tragedy in all of tv land imho. my wife loves it but is not big into scifi, so you should be fine.

i cant believe firefly gets cancelled after half a season, but american idol is still on. unbelievable!

[quote name='Slappybob']How many copies do you think they sold ?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a lot of people in this thread bought it, and it was front page on SD, with a thread that has 14 pages of replies. Then include all the people that jump on a deal but don't comment on these deal websites, and the people that just check Amazon's Goldbox on their own.

I'd say they sold a good number of these. Maybe 400-500?

bread's done
Back