Firefly: The Complete Series $24.99

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']This is/was $19.99 regular price at Target for a long time (was when I bought it). Did this change?[/QUOTE]

$19.99? Sure you're not thinking of Serenity?

If you just want the episodes than this is a great price. If you wanting more, there is a new edition coming out (unannounced when) to DVD and blu-ray

Plus, Target has this on sale a lot of times for $17.99

I think regular price at target is either $24.99 or $19.99

Are we sure that the new version is not just a blu-ray release?

And the show has been $18 a few times and not that long ago. You can find it pretty easy for $20 if you keep an eye out for it.

And the new version will cost more. The one out now is fine for a common fan and not a crazy ass "brown coat".

Regular price at Target is $39.99, but its on sale often for $19.99. I picked it up two weeks ago. BR would be great and all, but I've never even seen the show, so I wouldn't make that investment right off the bat.

I paid 19.99 at target a long time ago for it, and it was the best investment ever! I have watched it through several times, and love it. Makes me wish the creator would bring it back rather then just doing it in comic form (even though he is a comic writer, he still needs to make more of the show!)

:D

[quote name='relicbane']I paid 19.99 at target a long time ago for it, and it was the best investment ever! I have watched it through several times, and love it. Makes me wish the creator would bring it back rather then just doing it in comic form (even though he is a comic writer, he still needs to make more of the show!)

:D[/quote]

Do you think he went "Well we made 13 episodes, that's enough"? Of course he wants to make more episodes, he can't. The show was canceled by Fox, Fox owns the TV rights, and the Firefly name, for 10 years or something. That's why the movie is named Serenity. The woman that got the movie made at Universal is now gone so all that is left is comic books.

[quote name='relicbane']I paid 19.99 at target a long time ago for it, and it was the best investment ever! I have watched it through several times, and love it. Makes me wish the creator would bring it back rather then just doing it in comic form (even though he is a comic writer, he still needs to make more of the show!)

:D[/quote]

Blame Hollywood/the tv and movie studios. Mostly the tv studios/Fox who are imbeciles for canceling this show. They could have had a gold mine.

Just a heads up that $25 is overpaying as you can find this for $20 or less around. Anyways it seems that the special edition is actually a BluRay release which suits me just fine, i have been waiting for something like that to push me over the edge and buy this great series.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Do you think he went "Well we made 13 episodes, that's enough"? Of course he wants to make more episodes, he can't. The show was canceled by Fox, Fox owns the TV rights, and the Firefly name, for 10 years or something. That's why the movie is named Serenity. The woman that got the movie made at Universal is now gone so all that is left is comic books.[/quote]

Actually I recall reading an interview where he said he didnt want to do any more of the show, and wanted to pursue it in comic form. never heard any mention of any production company owning rights to it and refusing to let him continue making the show... could be wrong but thats all I saw about it.

I got this on sale at Target for $14.99 back in Nov 07.

Wait for another sale, it will definitely go lower.

Here's the Blu-Ray version for almost 3x the price: $62.95

51ibK1BytML._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018QI5UM

[quote name='relicbane']Actually I recall reading an interview where he said he didnt want to do any more of the show, and wanted to pursue it in comic form. never heard any mention of any production company owning rights to it and refusing to let him continue making the show... could be wrong but thats all I saw about it.[/quote]

You are wrong.

He loved the show, loved the actors and such. The only reason he wants to do comics is because he doesn't have to put up with the BS of Fox or any other channel.

Wow. $63 for BR? That's one I'd have to check some reviews out before I toss out money like that on a double-dip, especially for what they add-in for extras.

Joss Whedon is an egomaniac. He can be quoted, saying that he had the best show to ever be on television. He's a nutcase and his shows are nothing more than campy, semi-cheesy fanboi affairs.

bread's done
Back