Firefox download manager issue

cdietschrun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I am trying to download stuff with my Firefox and I click on a download link and I'll see the box that asks me where I want to save the file to. Then I click save and the file downloads, but there is no progress meter in the download manager box, there isn't even a download shown.I just see the file and the .part file on my desktop. I tried downloading some addons, but nothing shows the download.

So anything to do?

Also, anyone have any good sites for Firefox skins?

Yes. The dialog box that comes in IE shows percentage. I'd rather not use IE to download everything, though. (If that is what you're suggesting)

Hmm

I'm not too sure how to, because I haven't seen a download "recorded" by the browser in ages. It looks like it is clear, tho.

EDIT: found the official way to delete download history. Dosen't seem to have helped.

Well, I have it set to download to the desktop as I want it. But whenever I click a link, it gives me the option to save it or open it. In the options of Firefox obviously I can change where I want it to download.

See if you have the file 'Downloads.rdf' anywhere in your Mozilla Firefox directory in Program Files. If you have it, close all Firefox and delete the file. Then run Firefox again.

Even though your problem is fixed, try the extension: Download Statusbar - it's so friggin great.

It moves downloads to the bottom of the firefox window, and from there you can open them or pause or resume, etc.

I used to use that extension but then I switched to using Orbit Downloader and FlashGot extension. Orbit has a lot of options you can change, including optional Orbit Network P2P downloading if the source is slow, and multiple connections, etc.

bread's done
Back