Firefox + Google = ???

I like Firefox too much to abandon it for a Google browser. I'm just hoping that more people drop IE and go to ANY other browser (Firefox, Opera, Netscape, Google's browser). Anything but IE...

I'm not into this kinda thing enough to switch my browser. Though, I have heard y'all mentioning different browsers like Mozilla and Firefox previous to this thread. Now I'm curious. What makes Firefox/Mozilla so much more better than IE?

[quote name='imamario02']no more popups[/quote]

Wow, I'm so used to Firefox that I've forgotten about pop ups...

Anyways, Firefox has a bunch of plugins that are great to mess around with and it's more stable than IE...

Yes, it should be interesting to see what Google comes up with. I've been wanting to try Firefox, but haven't the slightest idea where to start, since I hear that there are so many plugins to get for it (such as pop-up blockers, etc.). Also, I can just imagine what the others in my house (have to share my computer, unfortunately) will say if I install a new web browser... "What the hell is this? How do you work it? What's wrong with IE? Did you mess something up?"

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I've been wanting to try Firefox, but haven't the slightest idea where to start, since I hear that there are so many plugins to get for it (such as pop-up blockers, etc.).[/quote]
The popup blocker is a basic part of Firefox (just like the latest version of IE, actually, though Firefox is better at it), and doesn't require a plugin. What you do require a plugin for are things like Java, Flash, Quicktime, etc. Pretty much the same as IE, really.

Also, I can just imagine what the others in my house (have to share my computer, unfortunately) will say if I install a new web browser... "What the hell is this? How do you work it? What's wrong with IE? Did you mess something up?"
They can keep on using IE just fine. Beyond an icon on the desktop, they probably won't even know that you installed another browser.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Yes, it should be interesting to see what Google comes up with. I've been wanting to try Firefox, but haven't the slightest idea where to start, since I hear that there are so many plugins to get for it (such as pop-up blockers, etc.). Also, I can just imagine what the others in my house (have to share my computer, unfortunately) will say if I install a new web browser... "What the hell is this? How do you work it? What's wrong with IE? Did you mess something up?"[/quote]

FireFox is idiot proof, if you can use IE, you can use FireFox. There are no plugins that you need to install other than QuickTime,Flash,Real player ect. That can all be taken care of when you visit a site that needs the plug-in (most site direct you to where to get the plugin). It has everything built-in ready to go.

FireFox is safer (only does what YOU want it to do), better, faster and has everything IE has plus more. I've been using FireFox for about a year and a half now (well wasn't called firefox when I started using it) and this is by far the best browser I've ever used, it's been way ahead of the curve even before IE started to get it's act straight (only recently has Microsoft been adding more sercurity features, FireFox has had them months before MS). Do yourslef a favor and download it.

[quote name='beerguy961'][quote name='imamario02']no more popups[/quote]

Wow, I'm so used to Firefox that I've forgotten about pop ups...

Anyways, Firefox has a bunch of plugins that are great to mess around with and it's more stable than IE...[/quote]

wow same here. Now if I could get my mom to switch... What do you guys think will have an easier to use interface? firefox or this new google browser? I use firefox currently, but im thinking for my mom? She has absolutely no ocmputer knowledge and only knows how to sign into and out of aol :cry:

So, if I install Firefox, it's already ready to go? Pop-up blocking and all that good security stuff is already part of the package? Sounds great.

Yeah, I figured that I would need to set it up for QuickTime and Flash, but that's no biggie.

Just to be sure... this is what I want to download, right? The 4.7 MB link that's at the top right corner?

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I don't like Firefoxs bubbly design, so I use Avant Browser. But if Google made a browser that is up the quality that they are usually associated with, I'd switch over in a heartbeat.

[quote name='XboxMaster']I'm not into this kinda thing enough to switch my browser. Though, I have heard y'all mentioning different browsers like Mozilla and Firefox previous to this thread. Now I'm curious. What makes Firefox/Mozilla so much more better than IE?[/quote]

The main reason to switch to another browser is because of tab-browsing. I don't know how I lived without it. Currently I'm using Avant Browser.

[quote name='Legolas813'][quote name='XboxMaster']I'm not into this kinda thing enough to switch my browser. Though, I have heard y'all mentioning different browsers like Mozilla and Firefox previous to this thread. Now I'm curious. What makes Firefox/Mozilla so much more better than IE?[/quote]

The main reason to switch to another browser is because of tab-browsing. I don't know how I lived without it. Currently I'm using Avant Browser.[/quote]

Not to mention that Firefox is a much safer alternative to IE, in regards to spyware, etc.

[quote name='extzed']no one mentioned the best part about firefox.... tabs! I never open new windows and shrink my taskbar anymore[/quote]

Amen!

[quote name='XboxMaster']I'm not into this kinda thing enough to switch my browser. Though, I have heard y'all mentioning different browsers like Mozilla and Firefox previous to this thread. Now I'm curious. What makes Firefox/Mozilla so much more better than IE?[/quote]

The main thing that is better is no ActiveX.

Trust me, when people say Firefox is better it isn't due the usual "bash Microsoft because of their dominance or success". Firefox is better product and is more innovative than IE. Unless you go to a trusted site that requires IE, Firefox will work great. The only sites I use IE for anymore are Yahoo, CAG, IGN, EBGames, Overstock, Gamestop, Gamespot, and Gamefaqs. Anytime I visit sites that are unknown, I use Firefox.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I don't like Firefoxs bubbly design, so I use Avant Browser. But if Google made a browser that is up the quality that they are usually associated with, I'd switch over in a heartbeat.[/quote]
You do know that there are multiple skins available for FF right? I'm sure that you could find one to your liking.

bread's done
Back