First Episode of Telltale Game's 'Back to the Future' for free!

I signed up and they gave me a serial # or something. There's no mention of what platform the free game is for... I hope they give us the option cause I only have PS3 and I don't want to play it on PC.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I signed up and they gave me a serial # or something. There's no mention of what platform the free game is for... I hope they give us the option cause I only have PS3 and I don't want to play it on PC.[/QUOTE]

i also dont want it on the PC...i sure hope we get to choose the platform...!!! i want it on either PS3 or XBOX 360...please NO PC!!!

i know that the XBOX 360 codes are usually 25 digits long...and this "serial code" is only 20....maybe they'll give us the option when its released...

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I signed up and they gave me a serial # or something. There's no mention of what platform the free game is for... I hope they give us the option cause I only have PS3 and I don't want to play it on PC.[/QUOTE]

This will only be a DL for Mac or PC when the first episode is released in Dec. Telltale has no way of offering free downloads through XBLA, PSN, or WiiWare. Incidentally, the only platforms BTTF will be coming out for are PC, Mac, PSN, and iPad.

[quote name='Tybee']This will only be a DL for Mac or PC when the first episode is released in Dec. Telltale has no way of offering free downloads through XBLA, PSN, or WiiWare. Incidentally, the only platforms BTTF will be coming out for are PC, Mac, PSN, and iPad.[/QUOTE]

oh well...ok...if its out for Mac then im a happy camper...! would have prefered the PS3

[quote name='dossantosc']oh well...ok...if its out for Mac then im a happy camper...! would have prefered the PS3[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is I used to be a PC snob back in the heyday of point-and-click adventures and while I dearly loved my NES and SNES, there was no doubt in my mind that PC games were superior.

But now, after a couple of years of being conditioned to play my favorite LucasArts and Telltale games on my HDTV with a controller in my hand (surround sound! achievements!) I almost never play them on my MacBook Pro unless that's the only place they're available. Times change, I guess.

[quote name='Tybee']This will only be a DL for Mac or PC when the first episode is released in Dec. Telltale has no way of offering free downloads through XBLA, PSN, or WiiWare. Incidentally, the only platforms BTTF will be coming out for are PC, Mac, PSN, and iPad.[/QUOTE]
That's what I figured after I thought about it. You're "buying" it (for free) from their online store so it can't be for the consoles. I'll treat it as a demo, like to do all my gaming on consoles and not PC.

^ that's good- love the BTTF ref! I sure hope they don't mess this game up. I heard the "sound alike" guy they got for Michael J Fox on Gametrailers and the guys sounds identical.

[quote name='Talus']This appears to be dead? I get a price of $8.95 when I click 'Redeem'[/QUOTE]

Yeah it says that it is free but, I get the same... maybe you have to sign up first?

*EDIT* I just signed up and and it still shows the price...seems to be dead.. Regardless, thanks op for the heads up

Great scott!

[quote name='celegus']Darn... blocked at work. How/why is it free?[/QUOTE]
Obviously because this is a more effective (and arguably cheaper) form of advertising for the game. Get free part of the game, like what you play, buy it later in the future if not at launch. Simple.

Ok guys, quick heads up. it's NOT dead.

You have to enter 121GIGAWATTS as the code when you get to the order page after clicking REDEEM

I believe the code is from the Back to the Future trilogy Blu Ray/DVD box set. The website had a error that auto filled in the code for you.

Actually the code 121GIGAWATTS works and discounts the price by $8.95. I'm interested in trying this out so thanks for the tip!

I just got an e-mail about the game so this is just a quick update.

UPDATE: Your FREE episode will be available for download in February, just in time for the series' second episode.
Thank you for registering to receive your episode. Your free episode -- Episode 1: It's About Time -- will be available in February. We will notify you when it is ready for download.

ep1.jpg

Episode 1 of 5

Back to the Future full season purchasers can play the first episode beginning on Wednesday, December 22 (Pacific Time).

There's still time to take advantage of the pre-order offer for the full season before the game launches!

Get all five episodes for $24.95 (less than $5 per episode) and a free bonus game with purchase (the critically acclaimed Puzzle Agent). Telltale also donates $1 to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research with each order.

bread's done
Back