First hint of Metroid Prime 4?

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/09/23/steamos-announced-gta-5-is-crashing-ign-daily-fix-092313

Towards the end of the video "Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed that when the time comes for a new Metroid game developer Retro studios will be given a very high priority" In a recent interview with the official Nintendo magazine Miyamoto claimed "Retro is a very capable studio and can design a lot of different types of game and I know that because I produced Metroid Prime." 

Ehhh, I think that it's way too early to speculate on that. It reminds me of fanboys jumping on every bit of FFVII-related chatter from Square Enix as a sign that an FFVII remake is most definitely in the cards.

That said, a whole new Metroid Prime would be my tipping point for buying a WiiU.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I know another first person Metroid such as Prime would probably be the most likely setting, the control scheme would be a big decision point.  If Retro (assuming they would be the developer) went the Pikmin 3 route and allowed for multiple control methods (after all, MP3 and Trilogy set the Wii Remote + Nunchuck scheme standard), they would have to dumb down the Gamepad usage (which I agree would probably be the most interesting aspect of another Prime) to make the gameplay as symmetrical as possible between the control methods.

I would prefer them just going the Gamepad only route, yet then again if they do decide to add in a multiplayer aspect ala Prime 2 (somewhat likely given the representation in Nintendo Land), then the Wii Remote + Nunchuck combo would have to be implemented.  It would be good to see Motion Plus integration in that case, though.

Still good to hear Nintendo keep Metroid in their conversations.  That being said, personally I would love to see Retro utilize their skills garnered from both DKCR games, and make a proper 2D / 2.5D Metroidvania title, though I think I'm in the minority on that one.  That option wouldn't be as much of a system seller as the alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back