First images of Call of Duty 3

That screenshot could be anything but gameplay for all we know. I'll be waiting as well. (Hell, I waited 6 months to buy COD2.)

doesn't look as good as the Brothers in Arms shots.. but I like what the CoD series does with fog and smoke.. that was the most impressive thing about CoD2 to me. I like the smoke coming from the building there.. can you imagine being inside there in multiplayer? You'd be fucked.

If it's real... then Sony better find another way to market the PS3 because that looks just as good as some of the best looking PS3 games.

But I'm finding it hard to believe that's an actual screenshot. It makes GRAW and Oblivion look like crap.

Am I the only person thats tired of World War 2 games. I got tired of them about 2 years ago. No one says to themselves "I would really like a WWII game right now."

[quote name='Graystone']Am I the only person thats tired of World War 2 games. I got tired of them about 2 years ago. No one says to themselves "I would really like a WWII game right now."[/quote]

I feel this way too, especially when there are other wars we can have games based on and what not.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I feel this way too, especially when there are other wars we can have games based on and what not.[/quote]

I want a Grenada game.

Definitely going to wait for reviews. I was pretty tired of WWII games, but playing CoD 2, gave me hope that I could still enjoy them.

A good FPS is a good FPS. I don't care if it's modern like GRAW, historical like COD2 or futuristic like PDZ, Quake IV or Halo 2.

It's my favorite genre to play online and BTW.... how many games can you buy that aren't reviewed before hand???

[quote name='seanr1221']Infinity Ward not making this game = wait for reviews for me.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. No Infinity Ward = very low expectations.

[quote name='Vinny']If it's real... then Sony better find another way to market the PS3 because that looks just as good as some of the best looking PS3 games.

But I'm finding it hard to believe that's an actual screenshot. It makes GRAW and Oblivion look like crap.[/QUOTE]
Its definatly not ingame, every game has some pictures like this, like in the GRAW commercial, and in CoD commercials where you see buildings blowing up, and pieces everywhere. Smoke looks nice.
If they add some geomod, like in redfraction, that would be nice.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']My thoughts exactly. No Infinity Ward = very low expectations.[/QUOTE]

No Infinity Ward = maybe we'll get a patch (if necessary) within a reasonable amount of time.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']A good FPS is a good FPS. I don't care if it's modern like GRAW, historical like COD2 or futuristic like PDZ, Quake IV or Halo 2.

It's my favorite genre to play online and BTW.... how many games can you buy that aren't reviewed before hand???[/QUOTE]

Agreed....I look for GOOD FPS, that is it. WWII, fine....war games are fun.

I don't see why people think graphics like this are unbelievable. As time progresses graphics will get better. No one calls bs on Brothers In Arms screenshots, why this one? Granted, WWII games are getting old. But no one is making great Vietnam, Civil War, WWI games that can compete.

thats ingame. And its also a ps3 game. The 360 has a better gpu and the ps3 is harder to program for so i have a feeling the 360 version will look better

I definetly think it's an ingame shot. Look at the texturing on the broken wall in the foreground. Still looks sorta blurry.. not pre-rendered type textures.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Waaaait Infinity Ward isn't making COD3? Who is?[/quote]

Treyarch (Makers of Call OF Duty 2:Big Red One and Call Of Duty:Finest Hour)
this is spin-off game.. Infinity plans to make there own PC version (I think)

bread's done
Back