First Look: Fantasticar

bobo2k4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
fantastic-four-large.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2006-11-29-fantasticar_x.htm

Not sure if this was posted before but thought I'd share.

uh oh.......seems that they are going to pull a Batman and Robin for this movie...in other words make all this stuff just to sell the toys :(

[quote name='ITDEFX']uh oh.......seems that they are going to pull a Batman and Robin for this movie...in other words make all this stuff just to sell the toys :([/QUOTE]

Fantasticar has always been a big part of the Fantastic Four, since only one of them can fly.

[quote name='javeryh']Jessica Alba = still HOT!!! Woo hoo!!!![/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, our investigative reporters say that the sun will come up in the morning, and go down at night.

[quote name='Roufuss']Fantasticar has always been a big part of the Fantastic Four, since only one of them can fly.[/QUOTE]
Can't the Invisible Woman fly?

[quote name='dcfox']Can't the Invisible Woman fly?[/quote]

I don't think she can actually fly. She's, and I forget if this ever happened in the comics or just on one of the retarded cartoons, made little invisible platforms she's stood on and moved around. I think that's the extent, and even then it might not have been in the comics ever.

[quote name='Roufuss']Fantasticar has always been a big part of the Fantastic Four, since only one of them can fly.[/QUOTE]

sorry my know hows about the FF comes from the 90's cartoon and thats it.

[quote name='karsh']I don't think she can actually fly. She's, and I forget if this ever happened in the comics or just on one of the retarded cartoons, made little invisible platforms she's stood on and moved around. I think that's the extent, and even then it might not have been in the comics ever.[/QUOTE]

Just read this off of Wikipedia
This changed when John Byrne began his celebrated run on the title. Under his authorship, Susan became much more confident and assertive in her own abilities which themselves became more versatile and impressive. For instance, she found she could use her force fields to carry herself into the air . . .
So I guess it was in the comics. That's not technically flying but it still counts, right?

[quote name='dcfox']Just read this off of Wikipedia
So I guess it was in the comics. That's not technically flying but it still counts, right?[/quote]

Yeah, much like Magneto's flight that's really just him messing with magnetic fields around him.

[quote name='dcfox']Can't the Invisible Woman fly?[/QUOTE]

i remember her veteran heroclix could fly, yea she was standing on a platform..like a transparent her..hell it was better than the LOTR battleclix with frodo wearing the one ring..IT WAS JUST A PLATFORM!! (yes i have pics)

[quote name='whoknows']I hope this movie doesn't suck as much as the first one did. That movie was terrible[/quote]

Eh, I've seen much worse. Hell, I've seen worse from Marvel. I'm looking at you Elektra and Hulk. Quite frankly, anything bad about the movie was almost completely made up for the fact that they got Ben and Johnny perfect. Chris Evans was absolutely perfect for what I expect out of Johnny. And though he wasn't as great as either Johnny or Ben, I thought Julian McMahon did pretty damn good as Doom. Plus, this one has Silver Surfer in it. That instantly gives it potential, since it might bring about Galactus.

[quote name='karsh']Eh, I've seen much worse. Hell, I've seen worse from Marvel. I'm looking at you Elektra and Hulk. Quite frankly, anything bad about the movie was almost completely made up for the fact that they got Ben and Johnny perfect. Chris Evans was absolutely perfect for what I expect out of Johnny. And though he wasn't as great as either Johnny or Ben, I thought Julian McMahon did pretty damn good as Doom. Plus, this one has Silver Surfer in it. That instantly gives it potential, since it might bring about Galactus.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Silver Surfer will (hopefully) be awesome. But...idk...the first movie was kind of boring to me. For most of the movie they complain about their powers and then at the end they fight for about 10mins and decide to keep their powers...could have been A LOT better.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']They're making a sequel to the Fantastic Four? :puke:[/QUOTE]

ah yea........... where have you been?

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, Silver Surfer will (hopefully) be awesome. But...idk...the first movie was kind of boring to me. For most of the movie they complain about their powers and then at the end they fight for about 10mins and decide to keep their powers...could have been A LOT better.[/quote]

Well, they were pretty true if you look back at early Fantastic Four stuff. They didn't really want their powers (well, besides Johnny of course), and Reed tried to find many ways to fix what he considered his mistake. That's why I think the first movie had a lot of them being very indecisive about their powers. By the end, they had mostly come to grips about them and realized they can do good with them, much like when the Fantastic Four became actual celebrities in the Marvel universe. But yeah, there could have been another fight scene or something. Just anything that wasn't directly the Fantastic Four's fault, like everything in the first movie was. Maybe some random scene where they beat the shit out of Mole Man.

[quote name='ITDEFX']ah yea........... where have you been?[/QUOTE]

At church......... praying they would never make a sequel to that terrible movie.

I thought this wasnt bad...... it was an ok movie, nothing great, and I wouldnt buy the dvd but worth one watching on hbo....
then again i just wanted to watch it cause it was based ona comic

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']At church......... praying they would never make a sequel to that terrible movie.[/QUOTE]

Was it really that bad? It was light with the action but the Fantastic 4 aren't exactly the most action packed super hero team.

I'm really interested in the sequel though, it's hard to fail with the silver surfer and Jessica Alba.

The first movie was decent - probably C+ material. They nailed Johnny perfectly and the other 3 weren't bad either. The problem was the villian - they neutered Dr. Doom. He was supposed to be this great super-evil dude and yet I never really thought about him like that - he was just sort of there. Plus, giving him electricity powers was lame. Compare him to The Joker, Doc Ock or Magneto in some superhero movies and he's a total pussy. Hell, even Lex Luthor was scarier than Dr. Doom was.

I never seen the 1994 pilot short for Fantastic 4 and the neo Fantastic 4 is really dumb. I mean the little brother looks like some messed up kid, the doc looks like a army agent, the wife is not really fantastic but more boobtastic, and what did they do to the thing?

[quote name='javeryh']The first movie was decent - probably C+ material. They nailed Johnny perfectly and the other 3 weren't bad either. The problem was the villian - they neutered Dr. Doom. He was supposed to be this great super-evil dude and yet I never really thought about him like that - he was just sort of there. Plus, giving him electricity powers was lame. Compare him to The Joker, Doc Ock or Magneto in some superhero movies and he's a total pussy. Hell, even Lex Luthor was scarier than Dr. Doom was.[/QUOTE]

I haven't yet watched the movie, but Doom has ALWAYS had some sort of electricity powers through his gloves and his suit, designs he made himself.

Unless you mean Dr Doom has the ability to harness electricity like a mutant, then yea, that's lame.

[quote name='Roufuss']I haven't yet watched the movie, but Doom has ALWAYS had some sort of electricity powers through his gloves and his suit, designs he made himself.

Unless you mean Dr Doom has the ability to harness electricity like a mutant, then yea, that's lame.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly...Doom was on the same ship as the F4 team when they got hit by the cosmic rays. He was turning metallic and was able to shoot laser beams from his hands.

Personally I have never seen Doom unmasked I think where he was a normal guy but then again I have seen where Doom was unmasked and his face is a wreck ( kinda like pulp ) where only his eyeballs is really left. Then I am sure we have seen Doom where they make him to be deformed underneath the mask.

Also Doom is sappose to be the most powerfull enemy in the Marvel kingdom where he keeps apearing as Spider-Man worst foe. What I want to see is a all out battle where Doom and Apocolypse is battling each other.

Maybe a Sentinel will pop in this movie in the background or something like that.

[quote name='bobo2k4']If I remember correctly...Doom was on the same ship as the F4 team when they got hit by the cosmic rays. He was turning metallic and was able to shoot laser beams from his hands.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

Interesting take on the character, but still...wow.

bread's done
Back