First McIGN. Now...

Wow, that's obnoxious.
Of course, I'm slightly more bothered by those bizarre Axe ads that are on Gamespot.com. Those and the other print commercials where 'dry pits win' are bizarre, and not in a good way.
I assume gamespot complete members don't have to see that?

Haha yeah I was going to post this. McDonalds is trying to reach out to the hip-hop community and now the gaming community. What was that game for the Genesis (maybe SNES too) that was sponsored by McDonalds? It had 2 kids, was a platformer, and i think had something to do with slime.

[quote name='evilmax17']Haha yeah I was going to post this. McDonalds is trying to reach out to the hip-hop community and now the gaming community. What was that game for the Genesis (maybe SNES too) that was sponsored by McDonalds? It had 2 kids, was a platformer, and i think had something to do with slime.[/quote]
McDonald's Treasure Land for the Genesis?

Developed, strangely enough, by Treasure.

or McKids for the NES?

There's a kids clothing line at WalMart called McKids....
It's not just McDonald's, lots of companies are starting their branding at birth...you could buy a Tommy Hilfiger or Jeep stroller; go to Toys R Us and most of the play hardware is Home Depot or John Deere....

HAHA I actually OWN Mckids for NES. It's a Mario wannabe, but I still played it through to completion (actually kinda challenging). However, it's probably a bad thing that my mom bought me something when I was a kid that could indoctrinate me into a lifetime of McLoyalty with corporate propaganda.

[quote name='spoo']I don't mind it they are paying the bills so I don't have to pay to look at the sites.[/quote]

Exactly. 'Commercials' or ads like these are part of what pays their bills. If it's a choice between paying my cash, and watching an ad/commercial, I'll deal with the ads. unless/until they get too annoying or obtrusive [like those 'rich media' ads or popunders], then I'll rethink my decision and then choose between paying the sub fee, or not going to the site. Someone has to pay the bills, and as long as the site doesn't let the advertisers dictate content, I'm fine with it.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']It won't let me past the woman with a fetish for toasters.[/quote]

Is that a bad thing? :wink:[/quote]

You know what? I don't know if it's a bad thing or not, but I'd like to see what all the fuss is about.

Good lord, i'm hungry. I want a DQP with cheese. The site's ugly, but the psychological effects of it are going strong in my stomach..

bread's done
Back