first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

[quote name='bingbangboom']Does this show Nintendo is stupid for not making this a standard accessory? I ordered mine, hopefully they arrive before Sunday.[/QUOTE]

It shows they're same old NOA. It's 2006. How the eff do you launch a system without component cables in the stores? And your online store gets a retardedly small amount?

My invoice is still showing as Preparing Order. If this thing gets backordered and there's any kind of Ebay market for Wii after launch, I'm selling my system. Composite gaming truly is the "gaming ghetto" and I have no interest in it. And I'm not a video-whore, I've just got 20/20 vision. Composite sucks.

[quote name='jeremy517']It isn't that Nintendo has 900. Instead, people are referring to order numbers in the 900s.[/quote]They still have less than 2000 of them, which is complete BS because theres 4 million Wii's.

[quote name='lawl']They still have less than 2000 of them, which is complete BS because theres 4 million Wii's.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, but the 900 number was still referring to order numbers.

Is anyone seeing the "cancel button" on their backordered orders? the FAQ states it should be there, but i dont see it...however it does say, if the button is not there, your order has gone too far and cannot be canceled...any thoughts?

For all the "900" talk, where are you all finding a 3-digit order number? My order number is 7 digits, and I dont think 3 million people bought cables

[quote name='foxout']Is anyone seeing the "cancel button" on their backordered orders? the FAQ states it should be there, but i dont see it...however it does say, if the button is not there, your order has gone too far and cannot be canceled...any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

You have to click "View details" below the order number. Then there is an option to cancel.

[quote name='KongaKing']For all the "900" talk, where are you all finding a 3-digit order number? My order number is 7 digits, and I dont think 3 million people bought cables[/quote]last 4 digits

[quote name='oxidative']You have to click "View details" below the order number. Then there is an option to cancel.[/quote]
Porcupine Tree rules.

And i went ahead and ordered one of these in spite of the backorders..does it take a while to show up on "my orders?"

edit: it has shown up..as backordered :( Anyone called and got a ETA on these?

If anyone is wondering whether the cable will reach their stereo receiver (if, you know, you don't use your tv for audio but want that rokkkin 5.1) then here's a picture of them alongside the composite:

dsc01312.jpg

So, your best bet is to get an RCA Audio Extension Cable (Red/White). For those of you who only have one component in, you can purchase a multi component video splitter. The one I purchased from Lik-Sang for less than $20 has 3 inputs you can switch back and forth from and hasn't had an issue in over a year. Now, I'd show you a picture but uh...we know what happened to Lik-Sang.

And please, if any of you want third party cables, avoid Intec at all costs.

you can't get 5.1 without more RCA cables or digital coax/optical

The best you can get with the wii is dolby digital pro logic 2 and stereo.

[quote name='Dah-Dee']Great googly moogly -- that means I'm order # 3,8XX.... #-o[/QUOTE]

Knowing Nintendo, you'll be lucky to be a part of the second batch.

[quote name='Zoglog']you can't get 5.1 without more RCA cables or digital coax/optical

The best you can get with the wii is dolby digital pro logic 2 and stereo.[/quote]

Sorry about that you guys, he's right. It's "simulated" 5.1 (Dolby Pro Logic II) but, of course, Nintendo hasn't quite discovered optical out yet. If your receiver supports DPII, then you probably need an extension cable.

From what I've seen it looks like everyone around 3451600 and forward is backordered.

So the earliest I've seen was around 3450500 around the time they started these, that makes 1100 cables. 4 million Wii.

Nintendo, this is pathetic.

My order still says: Preparing order. But it also is showing a tracking number too:)

Edit: Don't play with my emotions now, Nintendo. A cancel now would be cruel even by Nintendo standards.

[quote name='Starky27']Sweet, got my tracking #. Ordered at 7:45 AM MST.[/quote]

Ah that's cool. :) I ordered eight minutes after you, still at "Preparing Order" though.

[quote name='lawl']From what I've seen it looks like everyone around 3451600 and forward is backordered.

So the earliest I've seen was around 3450500 around the time they started these, that makes 1100 cables. 4 million Wii.

Nintendo, this is pathetic.[/quote]

Well to quote the email that spawned the orders:
"[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting Nintendo regarding your desire to purchase the Wii Component Video Cable. As you inquired about having the Component Video Cable available when the Wii launches, we are extending to you an exclusive offer. We have made a limited number of the cables available for purchase prior to the launch."

My hope is they'll start shipping them at launch for those of us that got backordered. I don't think they anticipated thousands of orders from their exclusive email.

Don't want to defend them too much though, because not having these available on launch day is a stupid move - be it shipped by launch day or available B&M. After seeing the demand, they should start shipping thousands more, rather than leaving us angry and backordered.

I think I may hold off on Zelda till I can enjoy it in 480p.
[/FONT]

[quote name='Indonesia']my order status is 'Pending'. Don't know what it means.[/quote]

Same with mine. It was "backordered" earlier. Hmm. The last four digits of my order are 269X.

All this angst and Circuit City will probably be carrying them for 29.99 - 5.00 off accessory. Kaplan owes me 12.50 if they do.

[quote name='cleaver']For those who ordered, who has a Wii ordered/reserved?[/QUOTE]
I actually have a couple..After I got word that my Gamestop wouldn't be doing a midnight release, I went to get another at Toys R US. Now they aren't doing one either..so I guess I'll just be returning one.

Wait, Dec. 15th in stores?? fuck you Nintendo... That means Zelda isn't being released until Dec 15th as far as I'm concerned. I guess it will just be Wii Sports until then :bomb:.

How did I miss all this? I was on CAG till 3am this morning!

And Perrin was wrong yet again? :roll:

Woohoo! Mine went from "pending" to "preparing order":applause:

All I need is for Amazon to ship since I'm letting my friend have my Gamestop B&M preorder.

[quote name='cleaver']For those who ordered, who has a Wii ordered/reserved?[/QUOTE]
I reserved 2, one from amazon and one from TRU (just in case I cannot get the one from amazon)

[quote name='outlawmoogle']I'm order #1062, status is still preparing order. I have 1 day shipping so I'm sure I'll have component by launch![/QUOTE]

1097 and the tracking number showed about an hour ago.

E-mail confirming it shipped sent at 3:45PM.

The randomness makes me think they sent a stack of orders to a bunch of packers, and if you got your order handed to a flunky, you're still waiting.

[quote name='acey']20XX order - went from backordered to "preparing order"! Here's hoping it ships soon...[/QUOTE]

21xx here and same deal.

Did anyone here go for red shipping to try and get them by Friday? I figured what the hell and went for it.

Ship Via:
UPS
Tracking #:
Not Available
Shipment Date:

Preparing Order
p.gif
p.gif
Part #
Description
p.gif
Quantity
p.gif
Price USD
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
p.gif
INSERT, CONSUMER RETURN INST-US
$0.00
ACC, COMPONENT VIDEO RVL-WCS
$29.95

I am teh lucky....preparing order....and it was charged to the maxx....im gettin dis foo....and no one can stop me....muahahah

[quote name='acey']20XX order - went from backordered to "preparing order"! Here's hoping it ships soon...[/QUOTE]

I'm there with ya. Was "backordered" until sometime in the last hour, when it changed to "preparing order." So maybe not screwed after all (other than on the price).

Incidentally, last four digits of my order number are 2225.

[quote name='Corvin']Did anyone here go for red shipping to try and get them by Friday? I figured what the hell and went for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. And I felt like a tool for it, too. Now I get to explain to my wife why a cable I told her would cost ~$25 instead cost ~$45. Fun.

According to people over on IGN who have recently talked to the customer service reps, Nintendo is allocating more of their stock to online orders to handle the "increased demand."

Maybe there's hope for the rest of us?

bread's done
Back