first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

Anyone else's order not showing up on Nintendo's order status page? I ordered one on the 18th, got the confirmation email of my order, then it hasn't showed up online. I want to know how long I have to wait. =\

ah, just noticed i was charged for this when i checked my CC bill. Looks like i should receive it on the 28th. If these are going for $200 on ebay.....

[quote name='nekobi']I'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but Play-Asia has these for $24.90 shipping on the Japanese Wii release date, Dec 2. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10u-49-en-70-1mwi.html I assume they work with the US version as well, but I can't confirm this. Might be a good alternative if you can't find them anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

not released till Dec 2, after shipping time I'd rather buy them in store.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Anyone have info on when the cutoff was for the orders that came in prior to being backordered to the 18th of December? I'm hoping I get in on the shipment they're supposed to get for the 28th of November.[/QUOTE]

The message says this:

"Orders entered prior to Wednesday, November 22, 2006 will be shipped in the next couple business days. Orders entered on or after Wednesday November 22, 2006 will ship when our new quantities arrive (week of December 18, 2006)."

So unless you ordered today, you'll be part of the next shipment.

[quote name='jeremy517']The message says this:

"Orders entered prior to Wednesday, November 22, 2006 will be shipped in the next couple business days. Orders entered on or after Wednesday November 22, 2006 will ship when our new quantities arrive (week of December 18, 2006)."

So unless you ordered today, you'll be part of the next shipment.[/quote]

this is exactly why i have ordered them prior even though they were on backorder. there will be a shortage, at least this time 3rd party companies will be making them unlike the gc.

[quote name='jeremy517']The message says this:

So unless you ordered today, you'll be part of the next shipment.[/quote]Excellent, thanks for informing me. Put my order in on the 15th. Now, to get a Wii....

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Excellent, thanks for informing me. Put my order in on the 15th. Now, to get a Wii....[/quote]

Same for me...Gamestop on Friday is my next shot.

What's the approximate time you guys are planning to go to EB on Friday? Because I'm going to try Best Buy first since they open at 5am.

[quote name='allyourblood']agreed. while i patiently wait for my component cables, i am currently playing my Wii in interlaced widescreen.[/quote]

Must be doing it with black bars then, right? (maybe your TV is setup to hide them). I don't think you can do true anamorphic widescreen with composite or Svid.

Was browsing through the ebay listing and one seller had a picture of his Nintendo store receipt: 5 cables.

One more reason Nintendo sucks on this issue. I'm sorry, but anyone who tried ordering more than one should have had their order canceled and been banned from ordering until the issue was sorted.

[quote name='PaulG']Was browsing through the ebay listing and one seller had a picture of his Nintendo store receipt: 5 cables.

One more reason Nintendo sucks on this issue. I'm sorry, but anyone who tried ordering more than one should have had their order canceled and been banned from ordering until the issue was sorted.[/QUOTE]
I looked at his auctions and he had 3 sell for about $380 and two more ending soon at about $250. So he takes in over $600 for $170 spent. Capitalism at its finest.

[quote name='addicted2games']I looked at his auctions and he had 3 sell for about $380 and two more ending soon at about $250. So he takes in over $600 for $170 spent. Capitalism at its finest.[/QUOTE]

I could give two rips about selling them on ebay. I knew these were gold even before anyone listed on Ebay... just valued the cables more.

And I netted 1250 for selling my personal copy of the PS3 I bought (Would have happily kept it if the bidding wasn't so stupid.)

But if you're gonna ****ing launch a system with about 1 million units, and stock roughly 2000 component cables at your online store, you should damn well be sure you can satisfy as many of your loyalist as possible (Because with 2000-3000 units, most are going to be po'ed anyways). It's incompetence at its finest. 1 per order. Anything more guarantees they're scalping. They're just idiots (Nintendo).

[quote name='PaulG']I could give two rips about selling them on ebay. I knew these were gold even before anyone listed on Ebay... just valued the cables more.

And I netted 1250 for selling my personal copy of the PS3 I bought (Would have happily kept it if the bidding wasn't so stupid.)

But if you're gonna ****ing launch a system with about 1 million units, and stock roughly 2000 component cables at your online store, you should damn well be sure you can satisfy as many of your loyalist as possible (Because with 2000-3000 units, most are going to be po'ed anyways). It's incompetence at its finest. 1 per order. Anything more guarantees they're scalping. They're just idiots (Nintendo).[/QUOTE]
I understand and agree with you. Only thing I have been able to get is a Wii, no extra controllers, no component cables, no PS3, at least I got one thing so far.

[quote name='PaulG']

But if you're gonna ****ing launch a system with about 1 million units, and stock roughly 2000 component cables at your online store, you should damn well be sure you can satisfy as many of your loyalist as possible (Because with 2000-3000 units, most are going to be po'ed anyways). It's incompetence at its finest. 1 per order. Anything more guarantees they're scalping. They're just idiots (Nintendo).[/QUOTE]
Sony should have learned from this. They could have made money on the PS3 by having no in-stock component cables officially and subsequently selling their stock themselves on Ebay. It would get them hundreds of dollars back on thousands of systems.

Just my 2 cents, worth nothing as usual.

I have my Wii component cables on the way and a cheapish Olevia 23 inch tv on the way as well. I hope all goes well as I've never delved into the HD kingdom before.

[quote name='Stoneage']Sony should have learned from this. They could have made money on the PS3 by having no in-stock component cables officially and subsequently selling their stock themselves on Ebay. It would get them hundreds of dollars back on thousands of systems.[/QUOTE]

Too bad the PS3 component cables are the same as the PS2 version which have been well stocked in just about any place they sell Playstations for a long time now...

so wait...eb's web site says they won't release until 12/15? and some people on here tellin me that they already have em in store? im so confused o_O...should i check my local eb for them or not?

Bestbuy's instock date for the react cables is 12/13/06 on their system. I had an employee look it up for me and looked at the screen as they did it.

[quote name='Stoneage']Sony should have learned from this. They could have made money on the PS3 by having no in-stock component cables officially and subsequently selling their stock themselves on Ebay. It would get them hundreds of dollars back on thousands of systems.

Just my 2 cents, worth nothing as usual.

I have my Wii component cables on the way and a cheapish Olevia 23 inch tv on the way as well. I hope all goes well as I've never delved into the HD kingdom before.[/QUOTE]
wii doesnt do hd

[quote name='Michaellvortega']but yet he post a pic of the nintendo wii cables?[/quote]

Not saying he's not deceptive at the same time though :cry:

ugh, guess there's a trade off.

Lots of systems, but no accessories.

i want some S-video cables...but those aren't due out for a while.

[quote name='Doom5']Bestbuy's instock date for those is 12/13/06 according to their in-store terminals. Long wait...[/quote]

I keep hearing this about the React cables, but what about the Griffin cables and the Psyclones at Circuit City? Any news?

[quote name='nekobi']I'm not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but Play-Asia has these for $24.90 shipping on the Japanese Wii release date, Dec 2. http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10u-49-en-70-1mwi.html I assume they work with the US version as well, but I can't confirm this. Might be a good alternative if you can't find them anywhere else.[/quote]Cheapy-

Any way to confirm if these work with the US released Wii?

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Cheapy-

Any way to confirm if these work with the US released Wii?[/quote]How would Cheapy know?

Anyway, I know the Gamecube component cables from Play Asia (they were Japanese) worked fine on my American 'cube. It also looks like that is the right plug. I don't see why they wouldn't work, but don't bet on my word.

[quote name='Z-Saber']How would Cheapy know?

Anyway, I know the Gamecube component cables from Play Asia (they were Japanese) worked fine on my American 'cube. It also looks like that is the right plug. I don't see why they wouldn't work, but don't bet on my word.[/quote]Because he's tight with the Play-Asia staff and could pose the question. How WOULDN'T Cheapy know? He's supposed to be cheaper than all of the megaton earth combined. :booty:

I ordered the cables from Nintendo way back on 11/15 (order #34545xx) and the status just changed to Preparing Order. So it sounds like they're shipping out another batch.

[quote name='fraeone']I ordered the cables from Nintendo way back on 11/15 (order #34545xx) and the status just changed to Preparing Order. So it sounds like they're shipping out another batch.[/QUOTE]

I ordered back on 11/16 and my order status is "pending" so i guess that means mine is getting ready to ship also :)

[quote name='malrock']I ordered back on 11/16 and my order status is "pending" so i guess that means mine is getting ready to ship also :)[/quote]

Same, I placed my order on 11/19 and my status changed from Backordered to Pending. Now all I need is an HDTV:D

"Preparing order" is what mine says now. I wonder if they'll go out today. Most places usually have a UPS pickup at 5:00PM, it's about 3:20 over there, so we'll know in a few hours.

I live near NOA so I figured I would drop by their service center counter and see if I could sweet talk myself some cables a little earlier than my online order arrived, and it seems like they have their priorities straight over there. She told me that they wouldn't be getting any in for counter sales until the week of December 18th, which seems like it corresponds with what they're saying on their website. It's nice to know that they seem to be putting all the cables they have towards the online orders that have already been placed.

This is great news! Looks like many of us will be enjoying the Wii in gorgeous 480p(widescreen too!), and not dot crawl, blurry composite 480i.

My cables arrived today (ordered 11/15 with standard shipping). Wii due for delivery tomorrow from Circuit City (FedEx). Yay!

woot, mine changed to preparing, I was worried because I ordered on the 21st, then cancelled it and ordered again on the 22nd so I could get some game cases since it didn't affect the shipping price. I hope this means they'll ship.

I don't even have an HDTV :p. But it has component inputs so I might as well get the best picture possible on the thing.

bread's done
Back