first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

oh yay...maybe this means i MIGHT get mine shipped...though i doubt it...i ordered mine on the 25th :( ill check it tho

NOPE still backordered :( so does neone think i have a chance of getting mine anytime before 18th?

My credit card just got charged. Looks like they'll be here tomorrow! Still kicking myself in the butt for not ordering them pre-Wii launch; I just figured that they'd be available from 3rd parties at launch.

[quote name='animemaniac14']oh yay...maybe this means i MIGHT get mine shipped...though i doubt it...i ordered mine on the 25th :( ill check it tho

NOPE still backordered :( so does neone think i have a chance of getting mine anytime before 18th?[/quote]

No. Because everyone else's has tracking #s at this point.

[quote name='zuldane']No. Because everyone else's has tracking #s at this point.[/quote]

woah but didn't nintendo say they were getting a whole new shipment in on the 28th? well thats not til tomorrow...so what gives?

[quote name='Doom5']This is great news! Looks like many of us will be enjoying the Wii in gorgeous 480p(widescreen too!), and not dot crawl, blurry composite 480i.[/quote]

I just have the cables that came with the Wii but my picture looks awesome. I couldn't really imagine it looking any better than it does, but I may pick up some of these cables just to see if there's a visible difference.

[quote name='Rictor']I just have the cables that came with the Wii but my picture looks awesome. I couldn't really imagine it looking any better than it does, but I may pick up some of these cables just to see if there's a visible difference.[/QUOTE]

If you have an HDTV and are using the standard cables then you don't know what you are missing. I hope you are using component cables with all of your systems. Many games on older systems support 480 and 16:9. The Xbox had a bunch that were in 720p and 1080i. You can see which games support what at the link in my sig.

weaksauce. i ordered mine on the 20th and i still have no tracking number even though it says preparing order. i feel like i'm about to get shafted since alot of you already have tracking numbers.

[quote name='akuma001']weaksauce. i ordered mine on the 20th and i still have no tracking number even though it says preparing order. i feel like i'm about to get shafted since alot of you already have tracking numbers.[/quote]

I wouldn't worry. I'm in the same jam and I ordered on the 19th, still says preparing with no tracking......only a matter of time!

I can't seem to locate my order on Nintendo's site...but I just checked my bank and they charged my card today. I suppose that means they will be sending it out tomorrow. If thats true then I'll finally be able to play Zelda on Wed :)

Mine has a tracking number (but it still says PREPARING ORDER) but I cant track it. stupid UPS :( Any one else in the same problem? Also where are they shipping these cables from?

[quote name='Drexel923']I can't seem to locate my order on Nintendo's site...but I just checked my bank and they charged my card today. I suppose that means they will be sending it out tomorrow. If thats true then I'll finally be able to play Zelda on Wed :)[/quote]

Good call on waiitng to play zelda; I can't bear looking at the game in composite.

[quote name='johnwashere']Mine has a tracking number (but it still says PREPARING ORDER) but I cant track it. stupid UPS :( Any one else in the same problem? Also where are they shipping these cables from?[/quote]

They ship from Redmond, Washington. If you have a number it's going to take a little while before you can actually track it. You should be able to see how it's going in the morning.

[quote name='johnwashere']Mine has a tracking number (but it still says PREPARING ORDER) but I cant track it. stupid UPS :( Any one else in the same problem? Also where are they shipping these cables from?[/QUOTE]

Relax. They will show up either later tonight or in the morning on the tracking page.

Bastards declined my card again, I had to get a new debit card so the exp doesn't match. And I couldn't get through to customer service, but I'm assuming they'd just tell me "sorry, you can get them in the next batch" like what happened when my initial order got fouled up. For those who missed out, play-asia has them listed shipping 12/2(Japanese launch) for 29.99. I ordered there instead, it's better than 12/16.

Can anyone track there order from nintendo yet? I got a tracking number yesterday morning but it still isnt in the UPS system :(

I'm with you, munch. Got my Wii cables last night in the mail, Zelda a week before. Still no Wii to use them on.

[quote name='smapde']I'm with you, munch. Got my Wii cables last night in the mail, Zelda a week before. Still no Wii to use them on.[/quote]

I have 2 Wiimotes, and Zelda, Cables should be here in a couple days, SMBBB will be here tomorrow.

And my Wii just showed up here at work :) im so ready to leave to go play it.

Got the nunchucks that I ordered on 11/21 yesterday. Looks like my card was debited this morning for the component cables. The website indicates the same tracking number for both shipments. WTF?

How are you guys getting cables yesterday and today? Mine still haven't been picked up by UPS, but I have a tracking number.

Haven't had my cables shipped yet, but it's got a tracking number already, which is good. I hope it doesn't take forever to get it since I just picked up a Wii today.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so no one has told me how to get $5 off play-asia and free shipping on my order!!! gahhh someone please help![/quote]

Well, for $5.00 off first you need a coupon, and second that coupon still requires that you spend 50 dollars or more...

I live right near Nintendo of America where they're shipping the cables out from, and we have had some very uncharacteristic weather for the last couple of days. There is currently about a half inch to an inch of compact ice on the roads and it's 25 degrees outside.

The northwest is ill-prepared for this sort of weather, it rarely even freezes here, so I have a feeling that UPS has been delayed in picking up our orders :(

[quote name='dragonjud']Well, for $5.00 off first you need a coupon, and second that coupon still requires that you spend 50 dollars or more...[/quote]

well then how is everyone getting these $20 component cables from play-asia? im confused...

[quote name='animemaniac14']how do you get $5 off your order and free shipping for making a new account on play-asia? i seem to be having trouble doing soo.....[/quote]
I was talking about Yes-Asia, not Play-Asia. http://us.yesasia.com
Use this code at checkout: SA3OFFQ4

Woot! My cables have finnaly shipped. Finnaly in two days I'll be able to play Zelda in some else besides the god awful standard that is 480i. (Seriously, on a 1080p TV it looks worse than you can imagine.)

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']the $20 dollar deal that was being talked about is not for component cables but for s-video cables.

Here's the link:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/section-games/code-c/version-all/did-11210/pid-1004563020/

Hopefully the person who posted that deal knew that he was buying these instead of the component cables. It seems the best shot you have is to buy the components from play-asia. I did but I'll probably get them right before fucking finals...[/quote]

ohhhh thanks for clearing that up for me :)

[quote name='munch']I should be getting mine today!

That means I have component cables, Zelda, and an extra wiimote.

BUT NO WII![/QUOTE]

I came home to some Wii component cable goodness! Now, should I keep them? I don't have a Wii, and I don't have and HDtv, I do have component. The prices are pretty nice and I wouldn't mind getting a couple of extra dollars and re-ordering it. I don't know.

[quote name='Derrick Barra']Woot! My cables have finnaly shipped. Finnaly in two days I'll be able to play Zelda in some else besides the god awful standard that is 480i. (Seriously, on a 1080p TV it looks worse than you can imagine.)[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped today, too!! I've had my Wii, Zelda, points card, and classic controller sitting next to my tv, unopened, for a week now... I refuse to use the composite cables.

[quote name='pop311']I just got a tracking number, but my fuckING HDTV just fucking broke and I sent it away to get it fixed. Should I ebay them?[/QUOTE]

Nah, just sell them to me ;)

[quote name='pop311']I just got a tracking number, but my fuckING HDTV just fucking broke and I sent it away to get it fixed. Should I ebay them?[/QUOTE]

What the crap man, is it the Wii curse? That happend to me when I got my cables 2 weeks ago too

got mine today! Wiiiiii. Placed another order today as well, since someone wants to pay me $150 for mine. Since i don't have a Wii yet , thats sufficient persuasion.

[quote name='Pookymeister']got mine today! Wiiiiii. Placed another order today as well, since someone wants to pay me $150 for mine. Since i don't have a Wii yet , thats sufficient persuasion.[/quote]Wi prices are down, man.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']the $20 dollar deal that was being talked about is not for component cables but for s-video cables.

Here's the link:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/section-games/code-c/version-all/did-11210/pid-1004563020/

Hopefully the person who posted that deal knew that he was buying these instead of the component cables. It seems the best shot you have is to buy the components from play-asia. I did but I'll probably get them right before fucking finals...[/quote]

I was talking about these, which now seem to be out of stock:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/section-games/code-c/pid-1004563018/

I got a tracking number but it still says "Preparing Order".. I assume that means I will be shipping soon, right?

[quote name='Phod']I got a tracking number but it still says "Preparing Order".. I assume that means I will be shipping soon, right?[/quote]
Yeah, probably. I have the same thing, chances are things just got fucked up because of the weather.

bread's done
Back