first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

man i ws looking at ebay i sure am glad i bought a set the day before launch. i didnt even have the console unitl 2 days ago. most in hand are goign for 130-150 +s/h

I wanted to buy them instore, but all 3 employees at GameCrazy kept insisting that 'there are no such thing as Wii component cables' and said I was making shit up and probably looking for PS3 or Xbox360 cables..................... :/ ANYWAYS, I hope mine gets shipped soon :/

Mine came today in the box packaging.

Zelda looks tons better (though a bit more jaggyrific).

Wii system menu is super super super bright though, to the point I can hardly see the channel boxes, not sure why it's happening as game brightness is just fine. Cant find any options to change it. Anyone have any ideas?

[quote name='rodeojones903']I ordered mine two days ago and they shipped today.[/quote]

wtf man! thats CHEAP! i ordered mine like SATURDAY of last week...and STILL on backorder... BOOOO!!!!

Had one. Sold it. Ordered five more. Sold four. Kept one. Bought three more. The component wire makes a bigger difference on some of the Wii specific games than on Zelda.

Madden is one game that really benefits. It looks like total shit either way but it's a huge difference between composite and component.

Question, and I'm sorry if It has been answered before. My tv and receiver are 3-4 feet apart. Can I "peel" the audio portions of the component cable away from the video and feed it to my receiver?

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Had one. Sold it. Ordered five more. Sold four. Kept one. Bought three more. The component wire makes a bigger difference on some of the Wii specific games than on Zelda.[/quote]

they're limit one per now, so make sure you're using separate addresses, if you're going to do multiples.

Mine are now shipping too. I've been waiting to play Zelda until I got these cables. Shame that not all Wii games support 480p/16:9. HDTV Arcade has started a list of Wii games too.

[quote name='Drensch']Question, and I'm sorry if It has been answered before. My tv and receiver are 3-4 feet apart. Can I "peel" the audio portions of the component cable away from the video and feed it to my receiver?[/quote]
You can peel them without messing them up, but it'll probably go a foot or two max (They have that funky little block in them that then makes it one cable), I don't think you could get 3-4 feet out of it. You'll have to buy an extension.

And btw, mine still has a tracking number, but is "preparing order" and the tracking number still doesn't work. Fantastic, it has been like this since Tuesday, with my luck the ebay prices will plummet and the extra I bought to cover the cost of the both of them will be worthless....

[quote name='rodeojones903']I ordered mine two days ago and they shipped today.[/QUOTE]

Wait, how did you swing that?? I've been checking and they say they won't ship till Dec 18th (and I checked several days ago). Damn...

And the guy that keeps ordering and selling them - how'd you do that?? I thought you pretty much had to have them ordered BEFORE the launch to get them by now, with another small set shipping out this week that were ordered right on the launch weekend. And everything after that was supposed to be backordered till the 18th, when they hit retail anyway (so I waited, damn...).

Edit - well, that's wierd, they no longer say anything about being backordered and it appears I can order one now. Hmmm... I still want to get them at retail (with trade credit). Surely the ebay value will plummet now, but then who the hell would have expected them to be fetching so much in the first place. I sure didn't :rofl:.

This is insane. Here's one that went for $194:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Offic...QQihZ010QQcategoryZ147176QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And yet, others are going for $40-$50. WTF??
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Ninte...QQihZ014QQcategoryZ147176QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mine just shipped today, I almost don't want to play until I get them. But can I resist Zelda? Doubt it.

Double damn Nintendo - Damn them once for not having these available in store at launch, and damn them again for saying on the site when I looked a few days ago that they would not be available for shipping till Dec 18th, and then, apparently, changing their minds. fuck!

well my status finally changed to shipped after being in preparing for 3 days. now i wonder when they will hit retail stores as i need to get another set for my brother and if i can save $5 bucks on the shipping i might as well wait.

You can peel them without messing them up, but it'll probably go a foot or two max (They have that funky little block in them that then makes it one cable), I don't think you could get 3-4 feet out of it. You'll have to buy an extension.

Dang. Guess I'll have to go wii>tv>receiver

[quote name='Drensch']Dang. Guess I'll have to go wii>tv>receiver[/quote]

Pick up two couplers for the audio cables and then plug a standard set of RCA cables into the couples, then the other end to your receiver. That's what I did.

[quote name='io']Surely the ebay value will plummet now, but then who the hell would have expected them to be fetching so much in the first place. I sure didn't :rofl:.

This is insane. Here's one that went for $194:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Official-Nintendo-Wii-COMPONENT-Video-Cable_W0QQitemZ200053822926QQihZ010QQcategoryZ147176QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And yet, others are going for $40-$50. WTF??
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Nintendo-Wii-Component-Cables-for-HDTV-Gaming_W0QQitemZ330053616122QQihZ014QQcategoryZ147176QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]

Well that $48 one didn't even have a picture of the actual cables, so I sure as hell wouldn't bid high on it. Anyway, I hope I can put the things up and get $60 just so the cables were free.

Mine still doesn't say shipped, with this and my amazon wii order hanging on shipping soon forever I think I've figured out that god hates me.

Got mine today. (Ordered on 11/15). How about that packaging huh? That's the sexiest box of cables I've ever seen!

[quote name='fraeone']Got mine today. (Ordered on 11/15). How about that packaging huh? That's the sexiest box of cables I've ever seen![/QUOTE]

Either you're being sarcastic or you actually got a box for the cables... mine came in a crappy plastic bag and an insert that mind as well said "WII CABLES GO TO BAK OF TV THX LOVE NINTENDO"

[quote name='bo0']Either you're being sarcastic or you actually got a box for the cables... mine came in a crappy plastic bag and an insert that mind as well said "WII CABLES GO TO BAK OF TV THX LOVE NINTENDO"[/QUOTE]

:lol: mine did too. I was shocked at how terrible it was.

well, i ordered on the 20th, and it's still backordered. i think Nintendo hates me. i guess in all fairness, a little bit of me hates them, too.

I just put my component cables on ebay. I don't see myself having a Wii for a while anyway due to there being none in my area. I'm going to keep on looking. I'll reorder them whenever I do find a Wii.

I'm debating if I want to order these or not. From what you guys are reporting, they don't seem to be shipping in turn with order reception, so I'm somewhat worried I'll be one of the guys that gets hosed.

Dammit Nintendo, why couldn't you just put these damn things in stores in the first place?

Well, I'm debating as to whether I should sell mine on eBay or not, I got mine on the mail two days ago and I'm currently playing Metal Gear Solid for the original Playstation:lol: which a friend gave me a few years ago and I never got around to play, so I probably won't be playing games on my Wii any time soon (even though I think it's an amazing system)...mmmm....decisions...decisions....

[quote name='angrywolf']Well, I'm debating as to whether I should sell mine on eBay or not, I got mine on the mail two days ago and I'm currently playing Metal Gear Solid for the original Playstation:lol: which a friend gave me a few years ago and I never got around to play, so I probably won't be playing games on my Wii any time soon (even though I think it's an amazing system)...mmmm....decisions...decisions....[/quote]

MAN ANOTHER GAME I NEED TO ADD TO MY BACKLOG!!!! ARGHHHHH damn you angrywolf!

[quote name='angrywolf']Well, I'm debating as to whether I should sell mine on eBay or not, I got mine on the mail two days ago and I'm currently playing Metal Gear Solid for the original Playstation:lol: which a friend gave me a few years ago and I never got around to play, so I probably won't be playing games on my Wii any time soon (even though I think it's an amazing system)...mmmm....decisions...decisions....[/quote]

$150....or $0. Do the math :lol:

Well I got my component cables in today, and I was lucky enough to recieve it in the "sexy box" like that other guy did. Sucks to be you guys that only got the cables, but if it makes you feel any better I threw it away so if you travel down to Palm Coast and rummage through my trash you can keep it.

This sexy box:

WiiComponent1.jpg

Props to JmellowDrakken from Gamefaqs for the pic.

[quote name='hothitter']what "sexy box"[/quote]

Well, no surprise, my order that I finally put in Thursday afternoon is showing up as "backordered" now. If it doesn't ship by early next week I'll just cancel and pick them up at an EB with my trade credit.

I got my cables earlier this week but maybe I'm missing something. I assumed there would be a optical out (like the 360 cables) but there isn't one. Is that coming out later? Component with digital sound? Zelda says its 5.1 but I have no idea how you get that only red & white stereo cables.

[quote name='McToots']I got my cables earlier this week but maybe I'm missing something. I assumed there would be a optical out (like the 360 cables) but there isn't one. Is that coming out later? Component with digital sound? Zelda says its 5.1 but I have no idea how you get that only red & white stereo cables.[/quote]

Dolby Pro Logic II mimicks 5.1 surround sound from a L and R signal, assuming you have a receiver that supports it.

Man I didnt get a box like that! All I got where the cables in a plastic bag with some instructions. I guess thats what I get for getting the first batch.

[quote name='rutger1413']Man I didnt get a box like that! All I got where the cables in a plastic bag with some instructions. I guess thats what I get for getting the first batch.[/quote]

I hope I don't get a first batch :pray:

Sexy Box a MUST. ;)

Finally! My order shows as shipped today. I wish they did it earlier so I could have them by the weekend, but at least I'll probably have them Tuesday. C'mon ebay prices! I only want to sell one, just to cover the cost of them...

[quote name='captmurphy']Dolby Pro Logic II mimicks 5.1 surround sound from a L and R signal, assuming you have a receiver that supports it.[/quote]

Which is absolute bullshit in my opinion, since even the PS2 has had optical for frickin' forever. "Mimicking" surround sound doesn't cut it when you compare it to the real deal.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']Guys, what is the delivery time on the UPS Red option?[/quote]

Literally overnight. Mine arrived an hour ago and shipped at 8:30PM last night. Well fucking worth the money.

[quote name='Derrick Barra']Which is absolute bullshit in my opinion, since even the PS2 has had optical for frickin' forever. "Mimicking" surround sound doesn't cut it when you compare it to the real deal.[/quote]

Pro Logic II is real surround sound; it just doesn't use 6 seperate channels to output the sound.

Pro Logic II is very good. Ever play RE4 or Rogue Leader? Both of these games make excellent use of Pro Logic II.

bread's done
Back