first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

[quote name='pimpinc333']I noticed on my new HD TV The ball is really blurry. I'm guessing the Comp Cable will take care of that also.[/quote]
I hope so, that ball is almost too blurry for me to handle.

just got mine yesterday. Link has never looked sexier...

You can notice the difference when just starting up the Wii. Even the screen that tells you to put the Wii-mote strap on looks better. For Wii sports, you can see the difference in Golf. The grass is more distinct.

It was so worth it.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']I sold one for $185, two for $125, one for $100, and one for $80.[/quote]
Assholes like you are why they limited it to one per person. :roll:

[quote name='chernggoh']just got mine yesterday. Link has never looked sexier...[/QUOTE]

That is one of the best lines i've heard in awhile....

Yes! UPS says mine are due to arrive tommorrow...
question though, anyone know if that package requires a signature? Won't be home until late tommorrow.... and that would be painful to endure "will try delivery again"

[quote name='V Man']That is one of the best lines i've heard in awhile....

Yes! UPS says mine are due to arrive tommorrow...
question though, anyone know if that package requires a signature? Won't be home until late tommorrow.... and that would be painful to endure "will try delivery again"[/QUOTE]

No. I heard a knock at my door this morning. Went right away to answer it. There was the UPS guy running to his truck while he tossed my package next to my door. Kinda funny. I like not having to sign.

Okay - just ordered one. I wonder how long it will take.

Question: Right now my Wii is connected through the L2 input on my DVD player/recorder. The input on my Sony WEGA allows letterbox (16:9) on that input. If I have that turned on and have my Wii running in Widescreen mode, is that the same thing as the component video out?

Holy fuck on a stick!

MINE ARRIVED TODAY!

It just shipped yesterday - and tracking info never showed an estimated delivery date. When I went to bed late last night (well, 4am today actually) the tracking showed it left Redmond. WA at 12:50am today, the 7th! Well, they arrived some time before 11am Pacific here (near Portland, OR). Wow... So much for the "ground" shipping :rofl:. The only thing slow about it was Nintendo's order processing. I KNEW there was a reason not to bother with expedited shipping given how close NOA is.

But still, I certainly didn't expect them today when it just left there less than 12 hours ago. I was hoping Friday, and expecting Monday/Tuesday.

I got the sexy retail box - as I'm sure most people are at this point. Which is simply more proof that after the initial small run that were sent in baggies they deflected the ones intended for store sales to NOA for sale directly by NOA. More $$ for Nntendo (as I'm sure they only make $15-$20 on store sold ones), so I guess it's a smart move on their part. All the changing of dates was bad PR though.

Oh yeah, and no package signage here either. My wife just found the package and didn't even tell me about it for a while - she assumed it was just boring work-related stuff :lol:.

[quote name='io']Holy fuck on a stick!

MINE ARRIVED TODAY!

It just shipped yesterday - and tracking info never showed an estimated delivery date. When I went to bed late last night (well, 4am today actually) the tracking showed it left Redmond. WA at 12:50am today, the 7th! Well, they arrived some time before 11am Pacific here (near Portland, OR). Wow... So much for the "ground" shipping :rofl:. The only thing slow about it was Nintendo's order processing. I KNEW there was a reason not to bother with expedited shipping given how close NOA is.

But still, I certainly didn't expect them today when it just left there less than 12 hours ago. I was hoping Friday, and expecting Monday/Tuesday.

I got the sexy retail box - as I'm sure most people are at this point. Which is simply more proof that after the initial small run that were sent in baggies they deflected the ones intended for store sales to NOA for sale directly by NOA. More $$ for Nntendo (as I'm sure they only make $15-$20 on store sold ones), so I guess it's a smart more on their part. All the changing of dates was bad PR though.

Oh yeah, and no signage here either. My wife just found the package and didn't even tell me about it for a while - she assumed it was just boring work-related stuff :lol:.[/quote]
:applause: Bravo.

[quote name='pimpinc333']No. I heard a knock at my door this morning. Went right away to answer it. There was the UPS guy running to his truck while he tossed my package next to my door. Kinda funny. I like not having to sign.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help Pimpin.... yea, not having to sign makes things a lot easier.... can't wait til tommorrow though.....

[quote name='io'] Wow... So much for the "ground" shipping :rofl:. The only thing slow about it was Nintendo's order processing. I KNEW there was a reason not to bother with expedited shipping given how close NOA is.

[/QUOTE]

Congratulations man... not only can you now play in the glory of 480p, but you saved $2 on UPSBLUE... thats 10 Chicken Nuggets! i think you should celebrate with a trip to Wendy's.... god, i'm hungry.....

[quote name='V Man']Congratulations man... not only can you now play in the glory of 480p, but you saved $2 on UPSBLUE... thats 10 Chicken Nuggets! i think you should celebrate with a trip to Wendy's.... god, i'm hungry.....[/QUOTE]

No no, that means ONE more cheap-ass clearance game (eg, I just bought a new Kya Dark Lineage for $1.6x the other day)!

i picked up the last two at my best buy a react and psyclone one and was stupid i ordered a over priced nintendo one off ebay last nite. I knew i should have waited( i need to canceal the nintendo one).

[quote name='yobaburp']i picked up the last two at my best buy a react and psyclone one and was stupid i ordered a over priced nintendo one off ebay last nite. I knew i should have waited( i need to canceal the nintendo one).[/QUOTE]

Wait, so you're going to back out of an ebay auction? What's your ebay ID? I want to add you to my banned bidders list.

One-day turnarounds between ordering & shipping?! So much hate :lol:

Man, if you fall through the cracks in their system, ordering from Nintendo is a nightmare. My order from the 21st is finally preparing to ship, after being in "preparing order" limbo since last week. My email got no response, my first call on Tuesday claimed it was coming and I'd have it on Friday (despite the fact that it hadn't actually shipped yet). I finally managed to get them on the phone again today and it looks like that actually did something.

It was pretty clear from the orders shipping in this thread that mine was f'd up. I would have just cancelled and reordered, but you can't do it easily when it's "preparing" and it takes half an hour to get in touch by phone :lol:

MINE ARRIVED TODAY!

I got the sexy retail box - as I'm sure most people are at this point. Which is simply more proof that after the initial small run that were sent in baggies they deflected the ones intended for store sales to NOA for sale directly by NOA. More $$ for Nntendo (as I'm sure they only make $15-$20 on store sold ones), so I guess it's a smart move on their part. All the changing of dates was bad PR though.

Oh yeah, and no package signage here either. My wife just found the package and didn't even tell me about it for a while - she assumed it was just boring work-related stuff :lol:.[/quote]

Gratz and enjoy! I still have to pop RE4 and my other GCN games to see how those look. It won't blow you away like seeing a 360 game in 720p of course, but it's definitely an improvement--everything is less jaggy and crisper overall. It's just not all that noticeable in non-graphically intense games like Wii Sports, but that's not a game you'd play for graphics anyway.

Welcome to the party man! Oh, I recently put Smash Melee in the Wii to try it out with the cables, and it's beautiful! The colors man, the colors!

I ordered the cables at midnight last night along with an extra wrist strap and case for Wii Sports. I chose Blue shipping.

The wrist strap shipped today, the cables are in the "preparing order" stage and the case is backordered.

They're going to have to send 3 separate packages! Makes me feel better about paying $7 for shipping now.

[quote name='pop311']wait, the Wii component cable will work on GC games played on the Wii?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Actually, I still have my Gamecube w/ digial out + GC component cables, so for me it's nothing new. But it's definitely better than playing with composite (bleh!).

Wii!

I just received an email from Nintendo about the cables being in the final stages of the order, and on the website, there's a tracking number.

Nice.

Ok. I hooked up the Wii with the component cables. Overall it looks a ton better. The Ball in Tennis doesn't look like a polygon mess coming at you. I am very happy with the purchase. Can't wait to toss GC games in to see how they look.

they e-mailed me today, looked at my order, jacked around with it a little, and claim it's fixed. i visit the website. "Backordered". to comp me, they're going to give me the 3 wrist-straps i'd also ordered for free. i'd rather they charged me 3 dollars extra, took a sh*t on the wrist straps, and just sent me my dang cables! heck, they could sh*t on those too! i just wanna play my Wii the proper way. right now, everything on the Wii looks like a dang Anton Corbin video... :(

[quote name='yobaburp']i picked up the last two at my best buy a react and psyclone one and was stupid i ordered a over priced nintendo one off ebay last nite. I knew i should have waited( i need to canceal the nintendo one).[/QUOTE]

Best buys have them? When did that happen? I better go check quick.

[quote name='dweekie']Best buys have them? When did that happen? I better go check quick.[/quote]

yeah, they have 3rd party cables. no Nintendo-branded cables yet, though.

[quote name='Derrick Barra']Oh, I recently put Smash Melee in the Wii to try it out with the cables, and it's beautiful! The colors man, the colors![/quote]
Ha! Nice, I haven't tried SSMB yet. I'll have to dig for that.. it's been put away, but that might be worth another play through.

But your colors comment had me recalling to my birthday when I got a DSLite and tried it out after a year on the DS. I thought my color calibration was off the colors were SO vivid, it was like a friggen crayola box.

[quote name='gofishn']What company makes the third party cables? Any impressions yet?[/QUOTE]

Psyclone, Madcatz, React, and a few random ass Korean Companies. Not sure about impressions for them, however I can vouch that Psyclone makes some really excellent quality cables.

On a side note, my 11/30 order should be arriving soon. Got an email from Nintendo on the 2nd. Tracking Number started working on the 4th. Order arrived in my city early this morning, then out for delivery a short time later at 7:30AM. 6:00PM and still playing on composite cables. The UPS Factory is about 4 minutes away from my house. Blah! I hope the UPS guy gets here soon!

MINE ARRIVED TODAY!

Oh yeah, and no package signage here either. My wife just found the package and didn't even tell me about it for a while - she assumed it was just boring work-related stuff :lol:.[/QUOTE]

I quote io, but the question's pretty much for everyone:
does it come exactly on the date indicated or can it come earlier, since io's never even had an estimated date?

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Psyclone, Madcatz, React, and a few random ass Korean Companies. Not sure about impressions for them, however I can vouch that Psyclone makes some really excellent quality cables.

On a side note, my 11/30 order should be arriving soon. Got an email from Nintendo on the 2nd. Tracking Number started working on the 4th. Order arrived in my city early this morning, then out for delivery a short time later at 7:30AM. 6:00PM and still playing on composite cables. The UPS Factory is about 4 minutes away from my house. Blah! I hope the UPS guy gets here soon![/QUOTE]

Left my house to pick up some dinner right after the post, get home and find a nice UPS box left at my doorstep. This is a happy Wii household tonight.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Wait, so you're going to back out of an ebay auction? What's your ebay ID? I want to add you to my banned bidders list.[/quote]
i had him deduct the ebay fees

[quote name='baddtm']What day should I receive the cables if they shipped today on the cheapest shipping?[/QUOTE]

The cheap shipping took 12 hours for me. What is potentially slow is Nintendo's processing of said order. That part took 6 days.

So, just got finished with my first Zelda session. Zelda looks great. HOWEVER, I was not overly impressed with the Wii Menu/Mii Channel changes. The Wii menu looks identical. The Mii Channel actually looks, *gasp*, worse. Why? Because I now see nice clear stairstepping on the edges of characters - such that it is actually annoying when they sway back and forth and you see the pixels crawl up and down along their edges - if you know what I mean. It was like a fucking PS2 game ;). The composite cables add a nice fuzzy anti-aliasing effect to the graphics that seems to work nicely on the Miis, in any case.

If anyone has the Paris Hilton Mii from vgamergirl it is very obvious on this one because she used the thin nose type and made it very small - her nose actually disappears and reappears as she rocks back and forth. I never saw this with the composite cables.

Also, on Zelda, when you fish, does the fishing line look like it is dashed? It has big, evenly spaced gaps, due to the low resolution/very thin line combo. I'm not sure if this happens with composite cables or not - but it is very clear with the component. These issues stem from the same problem (a sub-pixel szie object being rendered).

On the plus side, I didn't really notice this but my daughter claims the Mii Channel is much brighter and more vivid now. The Photo Channel did seem to be much improved - pictures much clearer and brighter.

I'm about to try a Wii Sports session to see if that looks any different.

[quote name='io']The cheap shipping took 12 hours for me. What is potentially slow is Nintendo's processing of said order. That part took 6 days.

So, just got finished with my first Zelda session. Zelda looks great. HOWEVER, I was not overly impressed with the Wii Menu/Mii Channel changes. The Wii menu looks identical. The Mii Channel actually looks, *gasp*, worse. Why? Because I now see nice clear stairstepping on the edges of characters - such that it is actually annoying when they sway back and forth and you see the pixels crawl up and down along their edges - if you know what I mean. It was like a fucking PS2 game ;). The composite cables add a nice fuzzy anti-aliasing effect to the graphics that seems to work nicely on the Miis, in any case.

If anyone has the Paris Hilton Mii from vgamergirl it is very obvious on this one because she used the thin nose type and made it very small - her nose actually disappears and reappears as she rocks back and forth. I never saw this with the composite cables.

Also, on Zelda, when you fish, does the fishing line look like it is dashed? It has big, evenly spaced gaps, due to the low resolution/very thin line combo. I'm not sure if this happens with composite cables or not - but it is very clear with the component. These issues stem from the same problem (a sub-pixel szie object being rendered).

On the plus side, I didn't really notice this but my daughter claims the Mii Channel is much brighter and more vivid now. The Photo Channel did seem to be much improved - pictures much clearer and brighter.

I'm about to try a Wii Sports session to see if that looks any different.[/QUOTE]

While I still don't have component cables, I also noticed that things like the Miis and Wii Sports look a hell of a lot better than Zelda on composite.

Perhaps the simplistic graphics of Wii Sports and the Miis work better somewhat blurry, rather than razor sharp.

[quote name='jaybird']Ordered last night at around midnight and they shipped today.

Glad I chose UPS Blue.[/QUOTE]

hahaha me too. I ordered it yesterday and got my tracking number today. its already in Seattle.

I placed my order on 11/30 and got them yesterday. With the cheapest shipping to NC so not to bad.

[quote name='jtbradford']my first call on Tuesday claimed it was coming and I'd have it on Friday (despite the fact that it hadn't actually shipped yet)[/quote]
So uh, they weren't lying... it's actually in my area according to the tracking #. Despite the fact that the status never changed from "preparing" until I called them about it yesterday (and they removed the tracking # on my order last week), UPS has had it since last Friday... :roll:

No complaints here, but that was a little... unexpected. I'd like to say you might be in the same boat allyourblood, but it sounds like you really got shafted by Nintendo :whistle2:?

placed the order on 11/4 and today its marked as shipped, and tracking # won't work on UPS site...now i sure hope it gets here tomorow or latest sunday...

Ordered mine 12/1, got them yesterday. Wow, what a difference they make! Menus are suddenly readable. Dark areas are suddenly more than a blanket of black on my screen. Great stuff. They were a pain to get a hold of, but worth every penny. I've noticed some horizontal lines in excite truck...anyone notice those in 480p?

[quote name='exRounder']I quote io, but the question's pretty much for everyone:
does it come exactly on the date indicated or can it come earlier, since io's never even had an estimated date?[/QUOTE]

Mine was supposed to be delivered today and I just got mine 20 minutes ago exactly the same way io did.

Yay! My component cables arrived last night. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, but am looking forward to it. I probobly won't have time until the Blockbuster/Netflix promotion is over though.

[quote name='MP77']I placed my order yesterday and got a shipping confirmation today. I'm shocked at the turnaround.[/quote]

Same here. I almost hate having a tracking number though because I will constantly be checking to see where it is. I can't wait!

bread's done
Back