First Time Buying a Blu Ray Player

ItsAMeAMario

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm finally going to buy a Blu Ray player.

I'm looking for a basic blu ray player without any extras like WiFi or 3D capability. I also don't need a PS3. Since I have a Sony TV, I prefer a Sony Blu Ray player.

From what I understand, I also need an HDMI cable. I saw one in Best Buy for $60.
Do they usually go on sale or is $60 the norm?

Thanks for the help! :D

Get the Panasonic series 110 bluray be about $129 and you can send away for a free Avatar 3d Blu. Better processor than any Sony Blu.

You can get the HDMI Cable from Monoprice and spend maybe $8.00 total after shipping depending on the length that you would need.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']I'm finally going to buy a Blu Ray player.

I'm looking for a basic blu ray player without any extras like WiFi or 3D capability. I also don't need a PS3. Since I have a Sony TV, I prefer a Sony Blu Ray player.

From what I understand, I also need an HDMI cable. I saw one in Best Buy for $60.
Do they usually go on sale or is $60 the norm?

Thanks for the help! :D[/QUOTE]

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY HDMI CABLES AT BEST BUY! A cable is a cable, and they're just ripping you off.

Here's one at Amazon for two bucks with free shipping automatically

Sams Club also carries HDMI cables for a rather descent price. Also, I would recommend one with WIFI, the things you can do with Netflix, HULU, or Amazon Instant Video are well worth it.

[quote name='Micmaz34']Get the Panasonic series 110 bluray be about $129 and you can send away for a free Avatar 3d Blu. Better processor than any Sony Blu.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your suggestion.
It looks like I can unload Avatar for ~$70 too.

Also ,thanks for all the replies on HDMI cables.
I know that I would be kicking myself if I don't buy it for a small fraction of Best Buy's price.

Edit: Just ordered the Panasonic 110 from Best Buy for $110 plus shipping taxes. Used $50 worth of gift cards and Discover's 5% cash back. I'll sell the Avatar 3D Blu Ray after I get it. Also purchased the $2.00 HDMI cable.
Total price = amazing!

Thanks CAGers!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back