First Xbox 360 Kiosks Arrive (Pix)

nixts

CAGiversary!
First one spotted (via GS forums post) in a Montana Walmart, of all places. :) The kiosk features playable demos of 3 games: Kameo, COD2, King Kong. Supposedly, there are also videos of several other launch titles. (For the curious, yes, the display pictured does feature a Samsung HDTV).

360screen.jpg

console.jpg

controller.jpg

360screen.jpg

console.jpg

controller.jpg

fixed the codes.

pretty sweet, can't wait to try out COD2 before everyone gets their gross ass hands on the controller(s).

[quote name='Technique']sweet. any word on when the rest of the kiosks are going to be released?[/QUOTE]

They're being shipped to retailers over the next two weeks supposedly. First ones began showing up today.

[quote name='Technique']They better get one up here in Seattle soon. After all, Seattle is Bill Gate's hometown.[/QUOTE]

I've seen quite a few confirmed sightings now, all Wal-Mart locations. One is Wisconsin, another in Hawaii, etc. If you're close, I'd check it out.

And in other news, there's been a recent surge in crimes reported in Wal-Mart, almost all of them related to the XB360 kiosk..

(Just a joke, but I think we'll be hearing something like that in the near future)

[quote name='nixts']I've seen quite a few confirmed sightings now, all Wal-Mart locations. One is Wisconsin, another in Hawaii, etc. If you're close, I'd check it out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I will try to go out to the local stores and see if they have one soon. *Crosses fingers*

Good News, but a little dissapointed by the games in the kiosks. King Kong and Call of Duty 2 demos are already out for PC. Kameo is great, but we all expected that, didn't we? They should of put in PD0, PGR3, and Kameo.

[quote name='aaa']Good News, but a little dissapointed by the games in the kiosks. King Kong and Call of Duty 2 demos are already out for PC. Kameo is great, but we all expected that, didn't we? They should of put in PD0, PGR3, and Kameo.[/QUOTE]

I agree. They should be putting "system sellers" as demos at the kiosks. King Kong, in my opinion, does not look like a system seller. On the other hand, games like PD0, Call of Duty 2, PGR3, Kameo, are games that look pretty good not only graphics wise, but also gameplay wise.

[quote name='nixts']First one spotted (via GS forums post) in a Montana Walmart, of all places.[/QUOTE]

In related news, Montana breathed a sigh of relief, as it acheived the recognition it had tried for hundreds of years to acquire.

[quote name='Scorch']And in other news, there's been a recent surge in crimes reported in Wal-Mart, almost all of them related to the XB360 kiosk..

(Just a joke, but I think we'll be hearing something like that in the near future)[/QUOTE]

Yes I am expecting reports of this any minute now.

[quote name='Scorch']And in other news, there's been a recent surge in crimes reported in Wal-Mart, almost all of them related to the XB360 kiosk..

(Just a joke, but I think we'll be hearing something like that in the near future)[/QUOTE]
I was just wonderong if I could walk in Walmart with a xbox360 hat...
and walk out with the whole Kiosk

Better question...

How long before these beautiful (and expensive!) kiosks look like shit because of people's misuse?

[quote name='Scahom1']Better question...

How long before these beautiful (and expensive!) kiosks look like shit because of people's misuse?[/QUOTE]

I'd say about 3 hours...

[quote name='Scahom1']Better question...

How long before these beautiful (and expensive!) kiosks look like shit because of people's misuse?[/QUOTE]
it is walmart, so I would say 20-25 minutes tops...

[quote name='mcgavin27']it is walmart, so I would say 20-25 minutes tops...[/QUOTE]

lmao :lol:

I can't wait for these things to hit around here.

[quote name='jetblac']I was just wonderong if I could walk in Walmart with a xbox360 hat...
and walk out with the whole Kiosk[/QUOTE]

lol .... perfect.

"I'm yeah our department needs to goto the EB Games and uhm Best Buy in Westwood down the street to do some uhm... research yeah..."

Just got back from WalMart in Hagerstown, Md. They have the 360 set up.
I played the demo for COD, and checked out the graphics on Kameo. The 3 playable demos were COD, Kameo, and King Kong. Movies I watched were from PGR3 and
NFS Most Wanted. They were using an HDTV, so the picture was excellent. IMO definitely nex gen. The controller was great, a little smaller then the S.

LOL there is a EB right beside a Walmart where I live I'll know if they have the kiosk when I walk in and cant get to the game section because of all the idiots from EB playing.

from joystiq

• Go to walmart.com
  • Enter your zipcode in the “Store Finder” on the bottom of the left-most column
  • Call the number listed, and ask to be transferred to electronics
  • Ask!
  • Post an update here and let us know.
Confirmed at:

• Naugatuck, CT
  • DeKalb, IL
  • Sun Prairie, WI
I would call but noone would know wtf I'm talking about. They employ only old and stupid people at my Walmarts electronics department.

To those who have seen the unit- Did Microsoft make good on their promise to let us plug in our own memory unit and download exclusives off the retail demo discs? What I mean specifically is, can you access the memory unit port and is there anything on the demo that says "download content" or anything like that?
To me it looks like the one in the picture is behind glass, wonder if they will all be like that.

[quote name='$hady']LOL there is a EB right beside a Walmart where I live I'll know if they have the kiosk when I walk in and cant get to the game section because of all the idiots from EB playing.[/QUOTE]

The florence store? Let me know if they have one there.

[quote name='hfdpro']Just got back from WalMart in Hagerstown, Md. They have the 360 set up.
I played the demo for COD, and checked out the graphics on Kameo. The 3 playable demos were COD, Kameo, and King Kong. Movies I watched were from PGR3 and
NFS Most Wanted. They were using an HDTV, so the picture was excellent. IMO definitely nex gen. The controller was great, a little smaller then the S.[/QUOTE]

How was King Kong....it looks interesting, looking for more titles to pre-order via GAmeRush. Already have 6, with 2-3 more eventually.

Answering the question about the ability to plug in your own memory card. The
Wal Mart I went to (Hagerstown,Md) had a controller in a flexible holder, you've all seen them, and part of the holder had a slot in front of the controller for a memory card. This slot was not in the controller, but in the flexible arm, and it was not operational, it had a piece of plastic for a blockoff plate over the memory port.

[quote name='hfdpro']Just got back from WalMart in Hagerstown, Md. They have the 360 set up.
NFS Most Wanted. They were using an HDTV, so the picture was excellent. IMO definitely nex gen. The controller was great, a little smaller then the S.[/QUOTE]

I just got back from my wal-mart here in Ames, Iowa and yes they do indeed have the 360 set-up. i was looking at some other stuff in the glass cases while my g/f wonders over to the kiosk and says, "What the hell is that?" I look over and say, "Holy Crap! a 360!"

I spent a little time playing COD2 and it definately played and looked silky smooth. The controller is excellent, i love it. It's just slightly smaller than the type S. All I can say is goodbye black and white buttons, hello shoulder buttons. The whole experience has raised my excitement slightly. Nothing like seeing the finished product for the first time. The 360 itself is smaller than I expected also.

I just went and checked at the wal-mart here in Stillwater OK and its there! Nobody was even around. It was cool, but the angle of the screen killed my neck.
I liked kong, and all the graphics were great all around, but Im just not sure if its next gen. altough my expectations were incredibly high. Gonna need another look and I wish it had a Oblivion demo! I wonder what you can download with a memory card in the slots attached to the controller.

[quote name='mykevermin']The florence store? Let me know if they have one there.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the one I was referring to, where you from? I gotta go there today anyway so I'll be sure to post on here if they have one or not.

I thought I posted here... A small town Walmart had it in Last night.

I had recently read an 8 page "hands On" and became pretty excited.

Honestly at this point its not as good as I expected. The graphics while nice just arent the leap I had even thought they would be. The games feel like more of the same.

I will hopefully get some more hands on time and have a better impression. I played for 20 or so minutes and then watched a few of the demos. The sega racing/ shooting game looks fun though.

[quote name='$hady']Exactly the one I was referring to, where you from? I gotta go there today anyway so I'll be sure to post on here if they have one or not.[/QUOTE]

Newport. I'd hate to trek to WM to play 360, but I might have to make room in my schedule if they have one; there is also the (*gag*) SUPER WAL-MART (I assure you, it must be typed in caps, as it is super) in Park Hills.

My Wal-mart has one of the 360 demo setups (Mansfield, Ohio) it had a ton of playable games like Call of Duty 2, Kameo, numerous sports titles, but alas no Perfect Dark! Call of Duty was pretty cool I was surprised at how smart the A.I. was!!!

XBox 360 Demo Unit confirmed in the Sidney, Ohio Super Walmart. I spent some time with it, and I definitely enjoyed the controller. It feels similar to the type S, but is a little smaller, and surprisingly, seems like it would be more comfortable with extended gameplay. The system looks incredibly sleek and is smaller than I expected it to be. All of the games looked incredible on the HD screen. I was confident that I wasn't purchasing one of these until it got much cheaper, but I might have to bite soon. The promotional materials posted showed that the remote control for watching DVDs was a *limited time only* item in the premium bundle. Combined with the fact that it seems the price points are here to stay, I might as well pick it up sooner than later.

XBox 360 Demo Unit confirmed in the Sidney, Ohio Super Walmart. I spent some time with it, and I definitely enjoyed the controller. It feels similar to the type S, but is a little smaller, and surprisingly, seems like it would be more comfortable with extended gameplay. The system looks incredibly sleek and is smaller than I expected it to be. All of the games looked incredible on the HD screen. I was confident that I wasn't purchasing one of these until it got much cheaper, but I might have to bite soon. The promotional materials posted showed that the remote control for watching DVDs was a *limited time only* item in the premium bundle. Combined with the fact that it seems the price points are here to stay, I might as well pick it up sooner than later.

They just put a kiosk in EBGames in the South Shore Mall (Bay Shore, NY). I didn't get a chance to play it, since some kid was hogging it like crazy (with the kid behind him saying "wow, thats awesome, can I try?" every 5 seconds). In any case, the kid was playing King Kong and Call of Duty 2, both of which looked great. Maybe it's because I've never used an HDTV for gaming, but I thought everything just looked extremely crisp. I'll still try to hold off the temptation of getting it, I have too much backlog from my current systesm.

[quote name='mykevermin']Newport. I'd hate to trek to WM to play 360, but I might have to make room in my schedule if they have one; there is also the (*gag*) SUPER WAL-MART (I assure you, it must be typed in caps, as it is super) in Park Hills.[/QUOTE]

Major update for you!

Still haven't been to Florence Wal-Mart, lol i'll probably go tomorrow. :roll:

bread's done
Back