Fishing Resort (Prope/Yuji Naka/Wii) Pre-order $19.99 -- Possible Pricing Error

Celsius

CAGiversary!
I picked up 2; one for me and another for a gift. It is hard to make an absolutely terrible fishing game, so I think it'll be okay...

Thanks, OP! I ordered one.

I had never even heard of this game before reading this thread, but it looks like a fun time, and hopefully with Yuji Naka as its creator it will be a well-made game. :D

I will never quite understand the mentality of "I will buy this game for 19.99 if it's a pricing error but not if the retail price is 19.99"

[quote name='Cmosfm']I will never quite understand the mentality of "I will buy this game for 19.99 if it's a pricing error but not if the retail price is 19.99"[/QUOTE]

Who's saying that?

Its $19.99 at Newegg also so it's more than likely not a price error but the actual budget price on what will probably end up being another crappy shovelware title for the Wii.

To be fair this is Yuji Naka from Sega and Sega did make Sega Bass and Marine fishing. Sega Marine Fishing is my all time favorite fishing game, so there is a sparkle of hope for this.

I will wait on reviews because a damn good fishing game that uses the Wiimote sounds awesome.

To those hating on it..have you even looked at the game for more than 1 minute? If you don't like fishing games I'd understand, but the game is stuffed full of features, new clothes, new rods, lures, bait. Every fish you catch goes in to your own personal giant aquarium that you can explore at any time.

Over 200 types of fish to catch.

Stop acting like it's Babysitting Mama or something...seriously, grow up.

[quote name='Intranquill']To those hating on it..have you even looked at the game for more than 1 minute? If you don't like fishing games I'd understand, but the game is stuffed full of features, new clothes, new rods, lures, bait. Every fish you catch goes in to your own personal giant aquarium that you can explore at any time.

Over 200 types of fish to catch.

Stop acting like it's Babysitting Mama or something...seriously, grow up.[/QUOTE]

Stuffed full of new features like new rods, clothes, and lures.

Oh Shit. I didn't realize.

In for 20

Pre-ordered one!! And yes, I already know this is not a pricing error and not the reason for me ordering one.

I was actually looking forward to this game when I saw it on here:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/01/explore-a-fishing-resort-in-yuji-nakas-new-game-family-fishing/ (There is a video also located here which shows various parts of the gameplay)

I love virtual fishing games like these ever since playing the mini-fishing game on Breath of Fire III on PSOne.

So to see it for $19.99 is an instant sold for me! ^__^ (Was expecting $29.99 IMO)

[quote name='Intranquill']If you're going to quote me and then mock it, at least make sure the quote is accurate. Amateur.[/QUOTE]

haha umad. Calm down, maybe it'll be game of the year who knows?

[quote name='HeSaveDave']You guys who said you bought it are joking right?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't. The woman loves fishing games (I have not found one she doesn't enjoy yet), and my mother likes them too. My mother plays Animal Crossing City Folk nearly non-stop, with an occasional sprinkle of Dr. Mario (N64 style) and some fishing games here and there.

I noticed this last week and pre-ordered it. This looks like a free-roaming, make-your-on-pace fishing game with a cool style and charm. For $20--definitely!

I just don't get why people click on a thread just to "1 star" and bash the OP. That star rating system needs to go. It's only used to rip on people and automatically "1 star" any thread with gamestop in the title.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE A DEAL, GET OUT OF THE THREAD. There is no reason to come to a thread and sarcastically type "In for 50!" just because it isn't some niche jrpg for $9.99 at Amazon.

fucks sake.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I just don't get why people click on a thread just to "1 star" and bash the OP. That star rating system needs to go. It's only used to rip on people and automatically "1 star" any thread with gamestop in the title.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE A DEAL, GET OUT OF THE THREAD. There is no reason to come to a thread and sarcastically type "In for 50!" just because it isn't some niche jrpg for $9.99 at Amazon.

fucks sake.[/QUOTE]

I gave it 1 star. :D :applause:

He's from Kentucky. That's he's even literate is a major accomplishment for him, so don't be too hard on him.

[quote name='tommythethumb']Who's saying that?[/QUOTE]

"It could be a pricing error on the part of amazon. If so, locking in pre-orders now would guarantee the price. If not, you can cancel later."

[quote name='Cmosfm']"It could be a pricing error on the part of amazon. If so, locking in pre-orders now would guarantee the price. If not, you can cancel later."[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm just not reading it the right way but to me that says if the price, for whatever reason, doesn't stay at $19.99 you can cancel.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']To be fair this is Yuji Naka from Sega and Sega did make Sega Bass and Marine fishing. Sega Marine Fishing is my all time favorite fishing game, so there is a sparkle of hope for this.

I will wait on reviews because a damn good fishing game that uses the Wiimote sounds awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here, I so want to by this, but I'm going to wait on reviews as well.

It looks like its going to be a mix of Animal Crossing and Endless Ocean, two games I love.

(And Endless Ocean--that game should be subtitled "The Closest Thing Your Broke Ass Is Going To Get For A Vacation").

bread's done
Back