Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage $17.79 Amazon.com

KOEI is known for DW hack slash type games, this one in particular didn't appeal to me I found Kenshiros moveset very sluggish. Some of the level designs are pretty boring imo. At that price you'll either love it or hate it

I got the Platinum for this game and can say that if you like DW games and/or FotNS, you may not like the game. While I liked seeing the over the top special moves, the game was very slow moving compared to say DW:Gundam. Story mode felt like a drag but I will say I did like the alternate world storylines. At this price you might as well get it if you're second guessing anything but if yo have no clue about the game, don't bother.

damn, i thought the ps3 version was 17 bucks. The 360 version looks and runs quite a bit worse than the PS3 one for this, so im holding out for a lower price on the ps3

[quote name='Kenshindono']damn, i thought the ps3 version was 17 bucks. The 360 version looks and runs quite a bit worse than the PS3 one for this, so im holding out for a lower price on the ps3[/QUOTE]
this

luckily they have sengoku for $16 on amazon, that should hold me over for awhile.

I picked this up a couple days ago with the Best Buy deal. At my local Best Buy (Mesa, AZ) the PS3 version is $19.99 and the 360 is $31.99. Both were marked as clearance.

I love Dynasty Warriors. I love Fist of the North Star. I don't love this game. :(

I felt like they took Dynasty Warriors and made it feel way too restrictive and way too slugish and slow. Dynasty Warriors was all about beating the crap out of things but somehow, this game didn't even get that right.

Fist of the North Star is also all about beating the crap out of things and making people explode... I honestly look at this game and go "How in the world can you screw up Fist of the North Star?" To my dismay, there has yet to be a good Fist of the North Star game except for the mentioned PS2/Arcade fighting game... which even then, it's not really a great fighting game, it's more like a combo video fest.

Hmm... The Pachislot games from Japan were kinda fun... I guess. :/

Count me in as another who loves dynasty warrior games and fist of the north star, but didn't like this game. Kenshiro being sluggish didn't help any.

I can't recommend this game, sadly. Maybe it's because I've played too many Dynasty Warriors games in recent memory, but I just feel as if this was a big step down from that series. It felt way too slow and even more repetitive than DW.

bread's done
Back