Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

I went to a store and they had 10 or so "rattle shake" that looks like he glows in the dark, but I couldn't find anything saying that on the packaging.

Stopped by randomly and found Regular show, adventure time, shifting world, and they finally updated the soccer games from the 2011 to 2013 version. They also had the rattle shake and fire kraken skylanders

Just hit up the new Five below they built over here and they had these (links for them for example)

:3ds: Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/adventure-time-explore-the-dungeon-because-i-dont-know/111545

:3ds: Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-bit Land http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/regular-show-mordecai-and-rigby-in-8-bit-land/111542

:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

They had a bunch of each at least 20 each, I didn't buy any because they didn't interest me^ This is the new Five Below in Pearland, Texas

Also grabbed me two swappable Swap Force Skylanders

Quick Draw Rattle Shake and Jade Fire Kraken
buy Revengeance you butthole

Has anyone found any copies of Epic Mickey 1 (Wii) yet or can we confirm that ad as a misprint?  Every store I went to only had Epic Mickey 2 (Wii).

Just hit up the new Five below they built over here and they had these (links for them for example)

:3ds: Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/adventure-time-explore-the-dungeon-because-i-dont-know/111545
:3ds: Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-bit Land http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/regular-show-mordecai-and-rigby-in-8-bit-land/111542
:ps3: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

They had a bunch of each at least 20 each, I didn't buy any because they didn't interest me^ This is the new Five Below in Pearland, Texas

Also grabbed me two swappable Swap Force Skylanders

Quick Draw Rattle Shake and Jade Fire Kraken
Did they have any Dwight Howard shot glasses on stock

I saw Adventure time 3DS today in store, thought about getting it but I like the look of the collectors edition so since I barely buy out of First party for DS/3DS games I decided if I was going to get it the CE is only like $15 on AMZ right now. Also saw a bunch of Beyblade 3DS games (with the top toy)

ALSO, meaning for the post saw Hard cover and standard Strategy guides for Grand theft auto V for $5.

20150326_121959_21081265697.jpg

Just picked up the "explore the dungeon because I don't know" Adventure Time game for 3ds at FiveBelow in Winston Salem, NC. Might be YMMV but two friends in different states confirmed they're at their stores as well so I thought I'd make a post since it's almost too late to redeem codes for Club Nintendo and these have them! They have other 3ds games as well and some shovel ware wii titles.

Posted Today, 04:12 PM

If you have a Five Below they carry Adventure Time and Regular Show both give 30 coins. Each coat $5 and tax

and its in the Five Below thread too :)

ah I'm sorry I didn't see a thread and wanted to spread the word since there's so little time for coins and people are buying them and stuff. I didn't see Regular Show, I'm so sad now

For people looking into them, Regular Show is at pretty decent retro-inspired platformer.

It's nothing new, exceptional or groundbreaking, but it is fine for sinking a few hours into. 

Adventure Time is a bland rogue-like.

If you need to choose between them, Regular show is a much better game unless you're a die hard Adventure Time fanboy/fangirl or the parent of one.

Last edited by a moderator:
They'd have to pay me $5 to play this garbage. Ice King should've stolen this game in the last iteration.

Dude no worries I just wihed they had more games that had codes ! Good luck logging into Club Nintendo :)
I know right. Why oh why did I wait until the last day. :(

Thanks, OP. It's worth a look for Regular Show. I hate all things Adventure Time with a passion, but I don't mind Regular Show as much. If nothing else, it's worth it for pushing me just over the edge into the next purchase category on Club Nintendo.

Today I saw some solid games:

Metal Gear Rising for 360 and PS3

Gran Turismo 5

Only other games of note were Angry Birds Star Wars for Wii and 3DS.

YMMV as usual.

How much of a difference is there between the PS3 and 360 versions of Rising? I got the PS3 version awhile back but never played it and now my PS3 is broke so I would like to be able to play Rising.

New one opened in Cape Girardeau yesterday. I had thought it had opened earlier in the week, but no it was crazy busy. I saw an ad that they'd have Metal Gear Rising so I ran in and out in like 3 minutes.

Note to anyone not seeing the game you want in their usual place: they had a whole bunch of mixed games in a bin up front.

Saw some decent games at Five Below today:

Metal Gear Rising - 360/PS3

Gran Turismo 5

Angry Birds Star Wars for Wii and 3DS.

As usual it's YMMV at Five Below.
It's only a $5 game, but I felt I should remind everyone that online services for Gran Turismo 5 are closed permanently. This includes online play, some extra races that were online dependent, uploading pictures/tracks which also means two or three trophies are unattainable and of course the platinum is unattainable if those online trophies aren't already earned, and all DLC has been removed from the psn store although it was reinstated for the EU psn store. See below:

Termination of the Remaining Online Services for Gran Turismo 5 GT5 Updates

As previously mentioned in past announcements, the remaining online services for Gran Turismo 5, including Online Lobby, Seasonal Events, Museum, News, Community, Remote Race, Log in Bonus, Online Dealership and DLC purchase, will no longer be available after 03:00 EDT, 30 May, 2014.

We would like to thank everyone for their passion in supporting Gran Turismo 5’s online services, and we look forward to providing even better online services for Gran Turismo 6.

Regarding DLC availability after end of service All DLC for Gran Turismo 5 will be removed from the PS Store on 30 April 2014. Please take note of the following precautions regarding the items listed below.

"Racing Car Pack" and "Course Pack" (including those purchased as part of the "Complete Pack")
After you have purchased those items, please complete the following steps before the online services are terminated.

1. Select the Downloadable Content icon on the GT5 home screen and install the purchased items.
2. Access the PlayStation®Store from the XMB and enter the "Gran Turismo 5" section. Purchase the [Family Upgrade] for the items in question (free of charge).

By following the above 2 steps, you’ll be able to use the items even after the termination of the online services. If you delete the GT5 Game Data after the termination date of the online services , you’ll be able to download and install them again. You can find the instructions in the “How to download the DLCs when you deleted the Game Data” section on this page.
You can find more details about the "Family Upgrade" item following the corresponding FAQ page in the Related Link section below.

"Paint Pack" and "Racing Gear Pack" (including those purchased as part of the "Complete Pack")
After you have purchased those items, select the Downloadable Content icon on the GT5 home screen and install the purchased items before the online services end.

You will be able to use the items even after the termination of the online services; however, you will NOT be able to install them again if you delete the GT5 Save Data after the online services end.

Any other DLC items
You can use the items even after the online services are terminated without any special operation. After you have purchased those items, select the Downloadable Content icon on the GT5 home screen and install the purchased items before the online services end. If you delete the GT5 Game Data after the termination date of the online services, you’ll be able to download and install them again. You can find the instructions in the “How to download the DLCs when you deleted the Game Data” section on this page.

How to download the DLCs when you deleted the Game Data
In case you deleted the GT5 Game Data and the DLC is removed from the game, you can download them again from the [Download List], accessible in the PlayStation®Store or by selecting [PSN] > [Account Management] > [Transaction Management] from the PS3™ XMB.

Regarding Gran Turismo TV Distribution of all programs on Gran Turismo TV within Gran Turismo 5 will cease on 14 March 2014. The programs you have purchased will be available for viewing and downloading from [My List] during the availability period.

The services for Gran Turismo TV within Gran Turismo 5 will be terminated completely on 14 March 2015. All programs after this date will not be available except the opening and the ending movies.

I really wish they would hurry up and open the Five Below that was suppose to open around October near me. Now that I think about it the sign has been removed that said coming soon so maybe it won't ever open.

How much of a difference is there between the PS3 and 360 versions of Rising? I got the PS3 version awhile back but never played it and now my PS3 is broke so I would like to be able to play Rising.
No differences as far as I've heard. I think Platinum developed for 360 first then ported to PS3.

Also, MGR had it's two big DLCs go free a while ago. One is mediocre, one is really good. Just playing through everything once is probably 7 or so hours now, as the base game was kind of short, but it's designed for heavy replayability like all of Platinum's games.

Just got back from the FB in Warwick, RI and can confirm they have a literal wheelbarrow full of both PS3 and 360 copies of Rising in the front of the store. Also saw GT5, Virtua Tennis 4 (Wii), and a handful of shovelware Wii and DS titles.

I was at FB today and they had about 50 copies of Metal Gear Rising for PS3. It's a shame I spent $60 on the Collectors Edition a while back
I got the ps3 collector from gamestop when they had it for $17.99.
I picked up the 360 copy because it was so cheap. Now I have it on both consoles. Wonder which is better? I notice ps3 only 720p vs xbox 360 1080p

I picked up the 360 copy because it was so cheap. Now I have it on both consoles. Wonder which is better? I notice ps3 only 720p vs xbox 360 1080p
General rule of thumb is that if it used the Unreal engine, then the 360 version would be superior. Rising uses the Unreal engine.

The PC version. It's been similarly priced in Steam sales, too.
I'll probably actually buy couple physical copies as gifts, though- it's a really fun game that most people just completely missed out on.

I'll probably actually buy couple physical copies as gifts, though- it's a really fun game that most people just completely missed out on.
Isn't PC almost 97% of the time better then ps3 and xbox 360.
Today my friend was playing mk on PC and said that online friends say that the xbox one is better then the PC.

I was at FB today and they had about 50 copies of Metal Gear Rising for PS3. It's a shame I spent $60 on the Collectors Edition a while back
No wonder I can't find any in my area. They must all be at your store. I've been searching for weeks and I have 4 stores in my area that I can hit up.

Went to my local five below and they had 2 large stacks of tomb raider and the last of us collectors guides for 5 bucks each. All still sealed with necklace (TR) and keychain (TLoU). I grabbed 1 TR and all 9 TLoU guides for $54 (includes tax). Not sure what to do with them, but too cheap to pass up. Debating going back for the rest of the TR guides...

Well, no duh, Sherlock. The user asked which console version is better. The 360 version is usually the superior console version when the developer uses the unreal engine. Now, if you want to argue about the PC, as another user said, it's almost always the best version. There's no real point in asking that question.

If you want a copy, I'll pick you up one and sell it to you for cost + shipping
Thanks for the offer but I think the shipping would kill it for me. There's a Walmart here that still has like 10 copies of the Walmart version with the CD soundtrack for $19.99 so worst case scenario I spend $20 and get a CD with it. I'm going to keep looking as there seems to be more people reporting finding it lately.

Went to my local five below and they had 2 large stacks of tomb raider and the last of us collectors guides for 5 bucks each. All still sealed with necklace (TR) and keychain (TLoU). I grabbed 1 TR and all 9 TLoU guides for $54 (includes tax). Not sure what to do with them, but too cheap to pass up. Debating going back for the rest of the TR guides...
maybe go over to slickdeals why take them all if your not going to flip them maybe someone would of liked to have one as well

maybe go over to slickdeals why take them all if your not going to flip them maybe someone would of liked to have one as well
I live so far out in the burbs that these would have likely sat on the shelf for a long time. I probably will flip them to a much wider audience on ebay. I saw them Sat morning and passed, thought about it, and went back sunday night before close....not one had been sold so i bought them all (TLoU copies). I didn't buy them to be a jerk or anything....just saw a deal and reacted to it!

Thanks for the offer but I think the shipping would kill it for me. There's a Walmart here that still has like 10 copies of the Walmart version with the CD soundtrack for $19.99 so worst case scenario I spend $20 and get a CD with it. I'm going to keep looking as there seems to be more people reporting finding it lately.
$20? See if u can show them the ad to price match

How is the necklace and keychain? They both look cheap

I'm still in shock that Five Below actually has decent games for once.  I'll probably start shopping there more again if they get more games like this as apposed to the usual shovelware they have.  I already owned MGR but I picked up a copy just so I can have one sealed, and I grabbed a copy of GT5 for the hell of it even though I'm not big into racing games.

bread's done
Back