Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

Stopped in to buy a 2 pound bag of Swedish fish for a cub scout meeting tomorrow and ended up finding assassin's creed unity for xbox one tonight.
Nothing else worth mentioning though.
Unless you are really into emoji collectibles.

Short Pump location here in Richmond Va has a stack of Batman Arkham Knight paperback guides,  $4 each. Picked one up out of curiosity, but it doesn't appear as good as the previous Arkham guides.

Stopped in to buy a 2 pound bag of Swedish fish for a cub scout meeting tomorrow and ended up finding assassin's creed unity for xbox one tonight.
Nothing else worth mentioning though.
Unless you are really into emoji collectibles.
Yeah fuck this store really. Emoji trinkets and emoji pjs and nasty ass hot dogs for their grand opening. The rare $5 game can't save this store.

Spotted Assassin's Creed Unity Limited Edition for PS4 for $5. They had at least a dozen copies.
Grabbed the last copy for the ps4 at my local five and below.

Tons of Xbox copies left. $5 isn't too bad considering I paid $60 for black flag and never played it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed the last copy for the ps4 at my local five and below.

Tons of Xbox copies left. $5 isn't too bad considering I paid $60 for black flag and never played it.
what the hell is wrong with you!? I picked up Unity for $10 and never played it. Not playing that game is fine. But Black Flag? Good god that game was absolutely fantastic. Do yourself a favor and play it.

what the hell is wrong with you!? I picked up Unity for $10 and never played it. Not playing that game is fine. But Black Flag? Good god that game was absolutely fantastic. Do yourself a favor and play it.
I liked Black Flag but I got stuck doing a ship battle. Just couldn't figure it out. I guess I'm either not that smart or lousy at games.

I liked Black Flag but I got stuck doing a ship battle. Just couldn't figure it out. I guess I'm either not that smart or lousy at games.
Keep circling around the ship, firing with your broadside cannons. Once a target shows up for swivel, do that. Brace if you're ever in the red area, because meh. Unless it's a legendary ship - each of those has a specific tactic you're supposed to use (like running away, dropping fire barrels and such).

All in all, I think ship battles made a lot more sense than they did in III - I absolutely hated the naval portions of that game, but I love IV.

Our Five Below finally got AC:Unity in. Picked up two PS4 copies: one for myself and a second for my nephew for Christmas.

I'm debating picking up Unity just to have a physical copy - I got the game digital with a Black Friday bundle from MS way back when I got my XB1, but it would be nice to not have the full game taking up space on my HD.

I'm debating picking up Unity just to have a physical copy - I got the game digital with a Black Friday bundle from MS way back when I got my XB1, but it would be nice to not have the full game taking up space on my HD.
Don't physical games for the XB1 and PS4 require full installs and take up the same amount of space as digital games?

Don't physical games for the XB1 and PS4 require full installs and take up the same amount of space as digital games?
doesnt seem like it for sony, but microsoft does so the game runs alot faster and smoother which makes a big difference compared to ps4, shouldnt be an issue for your xb1 since ur saves save to the cloud and you can always unistall a game and reinstall when you want

Picked up a copy of Assassin's Creed Unity for the PS4.  Probably going swap the case out with my damaged on arrival, Until Dawn from Best Buy.  Also got the Unity hardback book.  Thanks for posting.

doesnt seem like it for sony, but microsoft does so the game runs alot faster and smoother which makes a big difference compared to ps4, shouldnt be an issue for your xb1 since ur saves save to the cloud and you can always unistall a game and reinstall when you want
The PS4 does the exact same thing. All physical games are fully installed onto the harddrive.

Yeah, physical just saves you from having to download as much data. Unity had a bunch of patches but probably still not that bad. Something like Halo 5 still has to download around 45 gigs even with the disc though.

Yeah, physical just saves you from having to download as much data. Unity had a bunch of patches but probably still not that bad. Something like Halo 5 still has to download around 45 gigs even with the disc though.
I'm pretty sure GTAV V disc install is around 50GB. The first time my HDD filled that was the first to go.

I'm pretty sure GTAV V disc install is around 50GB. The first time my HDD filled that was the first to go.
Doom and Black Ops 3 both have enormous installs as well. I think Doom is around 65gb alone. I finally ordered a Seagate external 2tb drive from Amazon, after they dropped the price to $70, will use that to upgrade my full 500gb drive on my PS4.

Found the Abstergo Entertainment: Employee Handbook today.

Similar to the Blackbeard book for Black Flag, but for Unity instead.
As someone who has had this book for a while I can say it's pretty awesome. Super interesting and gives some nice back story which is useful throughout various games - BF, Unity and even in some ways Syndicate. I'd love to pick up the blackbeard book. Need to get to some 5 below

just picked up assassin's creed unity for ps4 thats all hey had no guides n at my store only guide i ever got was the last of us. wish i could find the ff2 or tomb raider ones but i have in past seen the cod one 

Just grabbed Skylanders Superchargers starter pack for :ps4: . They had it for other systems too but only a couple of copies of each. It's featured in this weeks ad as well. 

Just grabbed Skylanders Superchargers starter pack for :ps4: . They had it for other systems too but only a couple of copies of each. It's featured in this weeks ad as well.
Thank you! Picked up the PS4 version. Also bought the WiiU/3DS versions for the DK/Bowser Amiibos and sell off the rest at the flea market.

Plainfield/Joliet Illinois only had one Wii Bakugan game but there's also maybe eight hardback AC: Unity guides for whoever wants to relive that game for some reason.

Saw a ton of copies of Battleborn for PS4 and Xbone haha. Game must of tanked but I still picked up a PS4 copy because 5 bucks.

Just left Five Below and they had a ton of Battleborn for PS4 and Xbox One along with Hardcover Guides for Zelda Triforce Heroes.

Have to be online to play single-player. What a joke. No thanks.
One day companies will learn to stop this dumb shit. Here is a game that cost tons of money to develop and I still won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, even at $5 dollars, due to their always online bullshit.

Does that mean connected to the internet, or do you also need a PS Plus subscription?
Just connected to the internet. The only people that should have a beef with this is people that don't have reliable internet. Anyone else is the type to have a Tinfoil Hat of the Month membership. :)

Just connected to the internet. The only people that should have a beef with this is people that don't have reliable internet. Anyone else is the type to have a Tinfoil Hat of the Month membership. :)
I just don't like the idea that I need to be online all the time when being online has nothing to do with single-player. You do know they're just collecting information on you. It bothers me. What other possible reason could there be that Gearbox is making me be online when I'm playing the single-player game?

One day companies will learn to stop this dumb shit. Here is a game that cost tons of money to develop and I still won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, even at $5 dollars, due to their always online bullshit.
I don't see this stopping but in fact I see more companies doing this very thing. There are soo many games that need you to be online to play now that I don't see it being a big deal. There should be a sticker or label of some sort letting the buyer know that though, just so they aren't caught off guard.

I don't see this stopping but in fact I see more companies doing this very thing. There are soo many games that need you to be online to play now that I don't see it being a big deal. There should be a sticker or label of some sort letting the buyer know that though, just so they aren't caught off guard.
I have actually seen some games that have 'Online Required' printed on the coverart. I believe that Tiny Ops PS4 game (not sure the exact title) had it.

My issue is when they kill the server. Maybe I want to play the single player 10 years from now. I mean not talking about Battleborn, I don't ever want to go back to that game, but in general.

It really is just another way to siphon a little more "ownership" out of the user's hands. I mean, by itself it's not a big deal to the majority of gamers, and even though I do a lot of travel and haven't always had great internet connections--or been cut out of certain services based on region--it's hard for me to get worked up about something like this--it generally doesn't come into play with the sorts of games I like.

That said, it's pretty much unarguably a tiny step down the path to allowing publishers complete control over consumers' ability to use media they've paid for.

/paranoideurorant

I just don't like the idea that I need to be online all the time when being online has nothing to do with single-player. You do know they're just collecting information on you. It bothers me. What other possible reason could there be that Gearbox is making me be online when I'm playing the single-player game?
Collecting information? You must be one of those that believes in conspiracy theories and feel that big brother is watching every move you make. You are not that important and Gearbox could give two shits about what you do and how much your life may suck.

Let me ask you something. Are you one of those annoying people that pays everything with a check because you don't trust credit card companies?

Let me ask you something. Are you one of those annoying people that pays everything with a check because you don't trust credit card companies?
Lol wow you are a fuck

Also, why would you trust any company who has access to your personal information and/or buying habits. Like they aren't collecting/selling that shit.

MetalMegaGio said:
Just left Five Below and they had a ton of Battleborn for PS4 and Xbox One along with Hardcover Guides for Zelda Triforce Heroes.
Look what you started!!! :p

It's simple though, if you don't like games that require you to be always online, then don't buy them. Slinging obscenities at random people online certainly won't change their mind.

Sir_Fragalot said:
My issue is when they kill the server. Maybe I want to play the single player 10 years from now. I mean not talking about Battleborn, I don't ever want to go back to that game, but in general.
This is a legitimate gripe, I wonder if Gearbox has addressed this yet.

It's a boring grind single player wise from what I recall and I was also done with 30% of the missions in just two hours. It won't be missed.

The MP however is pretty decent from what I've played. Better games out there, sure, but for $5 you can't go wrong outside of it going free on PS+ or GWG.

When did 5 Below start limiting how many of the same game you can buy? Hudson, MA limit was 2 yet I can go online to 5 Below's website and buy a case of 30 for $150? I only wanted 4 and they had like 100 there......Oh well my loss I guess. lol

I have actually seen some games that have 'Online Required' printed on the coverart. I believe that Tiny Ops PS4 game (not sure the exact title) had it.

Battleborn literally has it printed on the cover art.

bread's done
Back