Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

Plainfield, Indiana

Greenwood, IN

Castleton, IN

These three Five Below stores had a large assortment of amiibos as of this weekend, not just the Animal Crossing amiibos.  They had big displays of them at the front of the stores and then more back with the video games.

I saw all Animal Crossing singles, Animal Crossing 3-pack, Rob, Lucas, Falco, Yoshi, Kirby, Splatoon Boy, and some others.  Looks like they got a big restock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m thinking there is a good chance we get a large amiibo refresh with the new Nintendo Switch announcement next year. I think they make them a more integrated part of the games they bring out and I can’t imagine that they don’t do a new Smash line with Ultimate doing so well right now.

The best usage I got out of these AC amiibos was scanning them into Smash Ultimate to unlock more spirits. The Resetti spirit is Ace level and my most powerful grab type so far. Implementations for actual AC games is awful though.

Isabelle AC amiibo works as a fighter in Smash Ultimate, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plainfield, Indiana

Greenwood, IN

Castleton, IN

These three Five Below stores had a large assortment of amiibos as of this weekend, not just the Animal Crossing amiibos. They had big displays of them at the front of the stores and then more back with the video games.

I saw all Animal Crossing singles, Animal Crossing 3-pack, Rob, Lucas, Falco, Yoshi, Kirby, Splatoon Boy, and some others. Looks like they got a big restock.
The Greenwood location is like 10 minutes from my house. I'll have to stop in and pick up a few Amiibo. Did you see any games worth picking up?

If anybody needs about 50 copies of Dead Space 2 for the PS3 hit me up. Or The Grey with Liam Neeson.

Not really game related, but Five Below randomly started carrying the WWE Hasbro style retro figures a few months back, some of which are pretty sought after. If you're perusing local stores and see a Macho Man retro figure or two, I'll make it worth your while. I *reaaaally* don't wanna pony up ~$40 on eBay.

My store has about 15 Star Fox Zero copies along with about 40 Call of Duty Infinte Warfare PS4 copies. Out of amiibos except for some Animal Crossing 3-Packs.

My store has about 15 Star Fox Zero copies along with about 40 Call of Duty Infinte Warfare PS4 copies. Out of amiibos except for some Animal Crossing 3-Packs.
Infinite is the one that launched with Modern Warfare remaster right>? I might be interested for $5 that campaign was great

Saw someone post about finding Star Fox Zero at their 5 below on twitter.

All mine has is about 30 copies of Infinite Warfare on PS4.

Went to Five Below today. Found:
COD: Infinate Warefare PS4
Titinfall 2 PS4
Star Fox Zero with Star fox Guard Wii U

Damn, and to think I nearly paid $15 for SF Zero when my TRU had it early last year on clearance!
Let's be honest with ourselves. SF Zero isn't even worth $5. Easily among the worst Nintendo developed games released in recent memory.

Game may have seriously damaged the SF brand. Nintendo should have just cancelled the game and launched it on the Switch.

Picked up a Ryu Amiibo the other day, was pretty stoked to see it there!  Got our new house all set up now so looking for more cool stuff to display around the gaming area.  Already have a few Animal Crossing Amiibo's but may need to head back and see what they have left.

Let's be honest with ourselves. SF Zero isn't even worth $5. Easily among the worst Nintendo developed games released in recent memory.

Game may have seriously damaged the SF brand. Nintendo should have just cancelled the game and launched it on the Switch.
Platinum made the game, nintendo INSISTED it be mainly motion controls with the gamepad, and Platinum tried to tell them it wouldnt work, but nintendo wouldnt listen.

And we got that. Yuck.

Saw both ps4/xb1 infinite warfare the other day, and the bee movie on Blu-Ray.

Platinum made the game, nintendo INSISTED it be mainly motion controls with the gamepad, and Platinum tried to tell them it wouldnt work, but nintendo wouldnt listen.

And we got that. Yuck.

Saw both ps4/xb1 infinite warfare the other day, and the bee movie on Blu-Ray.
I don't understand why Nintendo repeatedly screws up what should be a simple, winning formula. The original Star Fox and 64 are the only ones that concentrated on Arwing battles (with 64 having the occasional stage featuring a different vehicle). All the others fooled around with adding diversity with on-foot sequences or an excessive amount of other vehicles that put the game with too little Arwing, too much crap. At this point, they should just reboot, doing a remake that takes the best levels and ideas from the original and 64 and updating them for modern hardware. I'd buy that.

I don't understand why Nintendo repeatedly screws up what should be a simple, winning formula. The original Star Fox and 64 are the only ones that concentrated on Arwing battles (with 64 having the occasional stage featuring a different vehicle). All the others fooled around with adding diversity with on-foot sequences or an excessive amount of other vehicles that put the game with too little Arwing, too much crap. At this point, they should just reboot, doing a remake that takes the best levels and ideas from the original and 64 and updating them for modern hardware. I'd buy that.
Counterpoint: Star Fox Command kicks ass and might be the best Star Fox game.

The fighting game with some anime visuals is probably ps3 Blazblue continuum shift extend.

it's an old outdated version of the series, but if you don't care about that than it's a great game with lots of single player content and a lengthy story mode.

The Five Below's near me got rid of all video games, dvd's and blu-rays.. added more phone cases amd headphones. Sucks

Request...

Would anyone be willing to pick me up two copies of Starfox? We have nothing on my side of the world.

PM me if you can and we will work something out.

Thanks for your help!!

Ahhh extinction. I rented it when it first released because I was really excited about what I had seen from it to that point. Think a poor man's mix of Attack on Titan meets Shadow of the Colossus. It could desperately use more AoT traversal but it had more SotC style and its game breaking in parts. Its really rough technically. I got stuck in one of those giants fat rolls and couldn't get out. To the point I had to restart the game. It's ok. It's fun for a quick moment but even for $5, and I live by the rule any game is worth $5, but this game actually makes me think a Big Mac would be a better investment.

So Surviving Mars and now Extinction?  Guess I better head to Five Below soon as I wouldn't mind paying $5 for either of them.

bread's done
Back