Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

I was just in Maple Grove today. They had Yokai Watch and Animal Crossing. No Zelda. They had about 10 Tom Nook Amiibos.
Thank You! I was just out there too and completely forgot about stopping. Will have to swing through this weekend for a copy of AC.

Triforce Heroes is more multiplayer focused and isnt that great as a singleplayer title according to reviews I've been listening too for those that plan to keep a copy. But that probably goes without saying.

Surviving Mars is trading in for $12.70 at GS right now if that's something you're going for.
The Xbox version is $4.20 (lol) with Elite which only brings it up to 9.20 with the $5 promo and the Xbox version is the only one I've seen in store and mentioned here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up 4 copies of tri force, yokai, and animsl crossing.

One copy of each for me and the others for other reasons.

Pleasantly surprised that I didnt get a duplicate card in any of the ac hhd.

Triforce Heroes is more multiplayer focused and is that great as a singleplayer title according to reviews I've been listening too for those that plan to keep a copy. But that probably goes without saying.
I just want it because it has download play and with one copy me, my gf, and her bro can play the game.

Finally went there and saw they had a bin full of Beast Quest. Although I did find the 3DS games elsewhere so picked up a couple Animal Crossing and passed on Zelda and Yokai as I’m trying to eliminate my backlog and doubt I would play them anytime soon.

Went into five below today and got some 3ds games legend of zelda tri-force heroes , animal crossing happy home designer and yo-kai watch. I am in WI hit them up if you get the chance

Went to Mall of America location yesterday. Only had Animal Crossing and Yokai. Really wanted Triforce Heroes. Eagan and Apple Valley, MN were both busts. Unless you're looking for 20+ copies of Destiny 2 for PS4...

My store had at least ten each of Animal Crossing HHD, Yo-kai, and Zelda Triforce Heroes. Picked up an Animal Crossing for trading. May pick up an additional one later since I gave my original copy to a nephew. Would probably never play it, but not bad for $5. Already have Yo-kai and Triforce.

It's funny seeing people buying up these games to resell on eBay and then selling them for so low they are getting less than the $5 they paid for the game after fees and shipping.

I see Yo Kai Watch being sold for $8 - $9 shipped by multiple sellers. If they start undercutting each other and prices drop more, it might cost less than the gasoline used to drive to the store to get the games there.

All three 3DS games with 7-8 copies each at the Chicago, IL location by Belmont and Kimball.

Slight caveat, however... all three were $7.95 each! HHD still had an old $5 price tag on it. The store was recently remodeled and now has a section known as “Ten Below”.

Some other games that were present:

Batman Arkham Origins PS3
Homefront Revolution XB1
Prince of Persia HD Remaster Trilogy PS3
LEGO Marvel Superheroes XB1
Old Madden and NBA2k
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival WiiU (stand-alone, not bundled with Amiibo)

Saved my receipt for Zelda on the offchance that another location still has them for $5. I found plenty of HHD for $5 at a different location.

All three 3DS games with 7-8 copies each at the Chicago, IL location by Belmont and Kimball.

Slight caveat, however... all three were $7.95 each! HHD still had an old $5 price tag on it. The store was recently remodeled and now has a section known as “Ten Below”.

Homefront Revolution XB1
Old Madden and NBA2k

Saved my receipt for Zelda on the offchance that another location still has them for $5. I found plenty of HHD for $5 at a different location.
Wait, they're trying to sell Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival as a standalone game? And it's in the upcharge section?

My SHAQ-FUing sides... 😂😂

Homefront Revolution XB1
Old Madden and NBA2k

Was planning on riding my bike to that exact location tomorrow afternoon. You saved me a trip :’(

It's funny seeing people buying up these games to resell on eBay and then selling them for so low they are getting less than the $5 they paid for the game after fees and shipping.

I see Yo Kai Watch being sold for $8 - $9 shipped by multiple sellers. If they start undercutting each other and prices drop more, it might cost less than the gasoline used to drive to the store to get the games there.
Have to wait to flip for these types of things. We all know any Zelda Game will at some point regain some value, and with the 3DS going out the door, it's going to flood the market. But what is interesting to me is that Happy Home Designer has kept it's strength somewhat, sold two for $13.

Salisbury MD had I think two Zelda's left and about 4-5 HHDer.  Some Yo Kai's too but didn't pay much attention to them since we already have that game.

Stopped by the Wilmington, DE location (Concord Pike) today and they had about 20 Animal Crossing HHD, maybe 30 Yokai Watch , and a shit ton of Lego Chima for 3DS.  No Zeldas to be found though.  They also sold out of all their Surviving Mars copies from a few weeks ago (probably around 20).

Guitar Hero Live bundles trade in for $10+ on Amazon sure you can sell them for more but getting double my money back in Amazon credit is nice.

I’ve got about another $70 to trade in today and it should be my final trading for this promo. It’s been a great one. Hope everyone else has done really well too.

I know some of you said you’ve had issues trying to use trade credit online. Does anyone have those same issues when trying to use a GS gift card?

The five below located in North Winston-Salem had about 10 copies of the Zelda game. Also had surviving Mars for the Xbox.

Been checking a store the past two weeks and today they finally had a few home designers and yokais. So keep checking if yours hasn't gotten any yet.

Not sure if it's worth it's own thread, but dropmix starter is $10

[attachment=33125:IMG_20191108_182421612~2.jpg]

What is this?
Having only played it a bit in demo kiosks, it's best described as a music mixing game for mobile. Use various cards containing song samples, music beats, et cetera to create remixes and such. It's interesting.

Oh yeah, not sure if the picture is clear enough (due to the box's glossy glare), it's a Harmonix collaboration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luQo61wx32k

Having only played it a bit in demo kiosks, it's best described as a music mixing game for mobile. Use various cards containing song samples, music beats, et cetera to create remixes and such. It's interesting.

Oh yeah, not sure if the picture is clear enough (due to the box's glossy glare), it's a Harmonix collaboration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luQo61wx32k
Thanks for the video.
This is cool. Kinda reminds me of dj hero

A store that is called Five Below, with the wordplay being that all items are less than $5 is now starting to carry stuff for $10 or less. Just saw the new signage in the store. Won't be back ever. If Dollar Tree can still manage with their gimmick, you guys can suck it up and manage yours.

A store that is called Five Below, with the wordplay being that all items are less than $5 is now starting to carry stuff for $10 or less. Just saw the new signage in the store. Won't be back ever. If Dollar Tree can still manage with their gimmick, you guys can suck it up and manage yours.
Not necessarily. Due to Trump's tarrifs, a lot of items in Dollar Tree have shrunk. Less batteries per pack, smaller cereal boxes, hand sanitizer 3 packs are down to 2.. :x less bang for your buck. And quality is also getting worse too. And he's slapping on more after Christmas so who knows how things will change.

Not necessarily. Due to Trump's tarrifs, a lot of items in Dollar Tree have shrunk. Less batteries per pack, smaller cereal boxes, hand sanitizer 3 packs are down to 2.. :x less bang for your buck. And quality is also getting worse too. And he's slapping on more after Christmas so who knows how things will change.
That's just a lull. The Traitor-in-Chief will be out in a little over a year if not sooner.

it sux things are $10 at 5 below, i hope the videogames don't get hiked up to $10 in the future too.

but i also don't mind the tax hikes if it means we get away from encouraging companies using China for its child/human slave labor for our stuff.

it sux things are $10 at 5 below, i hope the videogames don't get hiked up to $10 in the future too.

but i also don't mind the tax hikes if it means we get away from encouraging companies using China for its child/human slave labor for our stuff.
That could be a side benefit, but that’s not the reason for the tariffs so don’t give the president too much credit.

They absolutely won't stop, but that was a sweet sentiment anyways.

They have stores called 10 below, I think there's only a few of them. It's not because they're making $5 items cost more, it's because they're expanding their products. 10 below had like actual furniture and stuff iirc. I was always surprised at what they could make 5 dollars or less in that store, I think if they could continue the selection and offer better stuff for 10 I say go for it!

If they start carrying $10 games then they should have a lot bigger selection.  I guess, time will tell.

Dropmix is a pretty good find for $10 though.

I too picked up Dropmix the other day. My local store had plenty of them near the entrance, away from the board games.

Now to hunt down some of the cards.

bread's done
Back