Five Below $5 games

Falcongamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
84 (100%)
So I went to last week, the new Five Below store in the Winston Plaza at Melrose Park, IL. Among the games there are Bakugan for NDS, Naruto Shippuden Clash of the Ninja 3 for Wii and Every Extend Extra for PSP. There are other games but those 3 are the better games in my opinion. So all games are $5.00, which are a huge steal, especially when you are looking how great the store is like. There are other stuff there but that's your decision.

A store that is called Five Below, with the wordplay being that all items are less than $5 is now starting to carry stuff for $10 or less. Just saw the new signage in the store. Won't be back ever. If Dollar Tree can still manage with their gimmick, you guys can suck it up and manage yours.
No more ironic than a store called 99¢ Only that carries “specialty” items that can range anywhere in price from $1.99 to $14.99...sure, it renders the name of the company/store a bit paradoxical, but it’s not like it’s physically harming anyone, so I don’t see what the big deal is.

it sux things are $10 at 5 below, i hope the videogames don't get hiked up to $10 in the

but i also don't mind the tax hikes if it means we get away from encouraging companies using China for its child/human slave labor for our stuff.

Yes all 3 videogames

Last edited by a moderator:
Dollar Tree, Dollar General and similar stores all carry items over a dollar. Even Daiso (Japanese dollar store) has items over $1. The name just means cheap items and not that all items are a $1.

Not necessarily. Due to Trump's tarrifs, a lot of items in Dollar Tree have shrunk. Less batteries per pack, smaller cereal boxes, hand sanitizer 3 packs are down to 2.. :x less bang for your buck. And quality is also getting worse too. And he's slapping on more after Christmas so who knows how things will change.
That’s just normal inflation. A dollar is worth a lot less now than it was 20 years ago.

Ah man, I hope 5 Below sells the cards. Not going to lie, $10 for card packs seem like a deal if it were to happen.
Five Below’s website has packs and expansions for $2.50 each. I just ordered three sets and it was only $13 after shipping.

A headsup on Dropmix. On the back of the box, it mentioned that the required Dropmix app will only be available until December 30 2019. I'm going to point my fingers at music licenses for it being eventually delisted from the App Store and Google Play. Not sure if they have renewed it. If you're planning in getting for Christmas or something, download it ASAP. It might spoil a surprise before Christmas, but better be safe in this case.

ADDON: I was told that Harmonix has taken over the game from Hasbro completely, and will maintain the app for the foreseeable future.

Not sure if it's worth it's own thread, but dropmix starter is $10

attachicon.gif
IMG_20191108_182421612~2.jpg
Thank you for the heads up on this, as well. Sounds very interesting to play with my kids (and may make me feel a little less of a musical nincompoop than usual).

A headsup on Dropmix. On the back of the box, it mentioned that the required Dropmix app will only be available until December 30 2019. I'm going to point my fingers at music licenses for it being eventually delisted from the App Store and Google Play. Not sure if they have renewed it. If you're planning in getting for Christmas or something, download it ASAP. It might spoil a surprise before Christmas, but better be safe in this case.
They plan to support it indefinitely (subject to change) but it doesn't seem like 12/31/19 is a drop dead date. Harmonix now controls the app and server support. http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/an-update-on-dropmix

Dollar Tree, Dollar General and similar stores all carry items over a dollar. Even Daiso (Japanese dollar store) has items over $1. The name just means cheap items and not that all items are a $1.
In my experience dollar tree and dollar general only have a handful of items priced over a buck. With dollar tree the only one I recall off hand is the boy and girl mystery gift bags for 5$ iirc. Everything else is a dollar. With dollar general some food items are over a dollar but since they are the same kind you'd find in a grocery store it makes sense that they can't price it any lower. And they do put up signage specifically pointing it out so people don't get confused.

When that happens, wouldn't the app no longer work?

I shop at Dollar Tree alot and have never seen anything over a dollar (and some items for less). Dollar General is just a name.

I shop at Dollar Tree alot and have never seen anything over a dollar (and some items for less). Dollar General is just a name.
Dollar Tree charge for some items at $1.50-$2 (gift cards obviously being more). It's a newish thing that people might not notice when they go to checkout. They partially blame Trump's tariffs for the need to increase the price for some goods.

Fun fact, they also sometimes sell $1 steaks. Not sure if they're good though.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dollar-tree-breaks-dollar-promise-more-expensive-products-2019-5
https://clark.com/shopping-retail/dollar-tree-facts/

Dollar General on the other hand has a good percentage of their store being over a $1. Name brand foods, hair products, kitchen ware, etc. You can actually check prices on the DG app to see.

Check out their weekly ad to see most of it isn't a $1.

https://www.dollargeneral.com/on-sale/week-long-savings-ends-11-16.html

Five Below’s website has packs and expansions for $2.50 each. I just ordered three sets and it was only $13 after shipping.
Thanks a lot for the heads up. I don't remember seeing them on there the other day but it looks like searching for "dropmix" doesn't show everything as the hip-hop playlist was hidden. We'll just have to keep an eye out.

- Pop playlist: https://www.fivebelow.com/dropmix-pop-playlist-pack.html

- Hip-Hop playlist: https://www.fivebelow.com/dropmixtrade-hip-hop-playlist-card-pack-set-16-piece.html

- Series 1 discover pack (random): https://www.fivebelow.com/dropmixtrade-playlist-card-pack-5-piece-series-1.html

The discover packs are random and don't seem worth it (unless you see all 6 in-store) when you can pick up the full set on eBay for $15: https://www.ebay.com/itm/DropMix-Discover-Pack-Complete-Series-1-30-Card-Bundle-/223010132792?hash=item33ec709338

EDIT: I'm assuming that the screenshots on the hip-hop playlist are wrong as it's showing Bomb (TRU exclusive) instead of Mirrors. Still a good deal though.

Dollar Tree charge for some items at $1.50-$2 (gift cards obviously being more). It's a newish thing that people might not notice when they go to checkout. They partially blame Trump's tariffs for the need to increase the price for some goods.

Fun fact, they also sometimes sell $1 steaks. Not sure if they're good though.

https://www.businessinsider.com/dollar-tree-breaks-dollar-promise-more-expensive-products-2019-5
https://clark.com/shopping-retail/dollar-tree-facts/

Dollar General on the other hand has a good percentage of their store being over a $1. Name brand foods, hair products, kitchen ware, etc. You can actually check prices on the DG app to see.

Check out their weekly ad to see most of it isn't a $1.

https://www.dollargeneral.com/on-sale/week-long-savings-ends-11-16.html
I have never seen anything over $1 at Dollar Tree and my local store still advertises everything at that price. Perhaps it is a regional thing? What are some items that are not $1 at DT?

I would venture to say that way more items are over $1 at Dollar General then actual $1 items. In fact, everything I've ever bought at DG has been over $1.

I have never seen anything over $1 at Dollar Tree and my local store still advertises everything at that price. Perhaps it is a regional thing? What are some items that are not $1 at DT?

I would venture to say that way more items are over $1 at Dollar General then actual $1 items. In fact, everything I've ever bought at DG has been over $1.
The point is they sell items over a $1. Just because you never seen it, doesn't mean it isn't true. If you read the articles you'd see that all stores for both DG and DT sell items over a $1.

I'd recommend checking your receipt next time you shop there, it's likely that not all the items you bought are exactly a $1.

The point is they sell items over a $1. Just because you never seen it, doesn't mean it isn't true. If you read the articles you'd see that all stores for both DG and DT sell items over a $1.

I'd recommend checking your receipt next time you shop there, it's likely that not all the items you bought are exactly a $1.
I clicked the Business Insider article and sure enough, it doesn't appear to be at all Dollar Trees as they are testing the higher price point and it doesn't appear to be guaranteed to roll out at all locations. They only said it would be moving to 100 more locations after the testing. And yes, I can guarantee you that every item I have purchased at my local DT has been $1, at least in my personal history.

Dollar General - well that's a whole other story. They are pretty much just a smaller Big Lots with all their price points.

It's true, some of the things I've bought at Dollar Tree have been under a dollar.
Most people don't know that they do sell things under a $1 and if you got coupons at multiple dollar stores, you can get stuff for free. Check out #dollargeneralcouponing on Instagram. It's amazing the deals people get there.

When that happens, wouldn't the app no longer work?
Thankfully in this case, I've been told the app will still work, since Harmonix is going to maintain it after getting full control from Hasbro. I would imagine that the Dropmix app is a full game, and not a service like those gacha games, so even if the app is delisted, it should work regardless (until that version of iOS or Android stops supporting it.). Had some delisted games still work for some time.

They plan to support it indefinitely (subject to change) but it doesn't seem like 12/31/19 is a drop dead date. Harmonix now controls the app and server support. http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/an-update-on-dropmix
That is fantastic to hear. Now thinking about it getting it. That disclaimer did scare me off.

A store that is called Five Below, with the wordplay being that all items are less than $5 is now starting to carry stuff for $10 or less. Just saw the new signage in the store. Won't be back ever. If Dollar Tree can still manage with their gimmick, you guys can suck it up and manage yours.
Calm down chief. There are many things in this world right now to be get angry and frustrated about, but getting all worked up over items $10 or less is not one of them.

by me dollar tree is always $1 for everything. I always check my receipt every single time at every store/grocery/restaurant/bar. At Dollar general by me almost nothing is exactly a $1 or less.
I'm guessing the regional thing someone mentioned is probably true.

I've been to more than a few Dollar Trees across multiple states. I've never seen any item priced over a dollar

I've seen many stores similar to dollar tree that have higher prices.

One five below near me has 10 stuff now. All of of these items are segregated into a new room.

Just came to chime in about Dropmix.  

It's great.  Seriously worth the price, and definitely track down some cards.  My household has had a ton of fun with it.

EDIT:  Dang it, the playlist packs are sold out on their website.  I would've picked those up for myself.  I'm not close enough to one of their stores to venture out and check what stock they have available in store.

I've been to more than a few Dollar Trees across multiple states. I've never seen any item priced over a dollar

I've seen many stores similar to dollar tree that have higher prices.

One five below near me has 10 stuff now. All of of these items are segregated into a new room.
Does it have a curtain and a warning sign??

Does it have a curtain and a warning sign??
Nah. Just shelves with items that have 10 dollar price tags. Some examples are PS3 LEGO dimensions stuff, a PS4 controller named titan something (touchpad is not enabled), games like Homefront Revolution, some TV trays, lamps, some kind of car camera.

Yea, I saw a few gaming related Monopolies and they all rang up $7... not quite the deal I was hoping for

Dang it, the playlist packs are sold out on their website. I would've picked those up for myself. I'm not close enough to one of their stores to venture out and check what stock they have available in store.
FWIW, my local store doesn't have any of the add-on packs.

I swear they weren't even listed on the website last week so maybe they are still rolling them out to stores.

^same. There was a small section at the front of the store that had a “Ten Below” banner. Dropmix, Mario Kart Monopoly Gamer, and some other stuff was there, but no expansions. I asked a worker if they might be elsewhere, she said all they got in was the big box (the actual game) I was holding.

Just came to chime in about Dropmix.

It's great. Seriously worth the price, and definitely track down some cards. My household has had a ton of fun with it.

EDIT: Dang it, the playlist packs are sold out on their website. I would've picked those up for myself. I'm not close enough to one of their stores to venture out and check what stock they have available in store.
What packs u recommend? Like green day, 3 doors down, maroon 5, bb king, etc.

Are we really making a big deal about Five Below having a $10 section? Seriously? What are we even talking about? Dropmix was $100+ when it first came out, I’ll gladly pay $10 for it. And it’s actually a really fun game.

Hell, I’ve already spent an extra $30 on expansions for it between Five Below’s website and Amazon.

Edit: I also picked up a Zero Suit Samus Amiibo, so that’s pretty cool.

Are we really making a big deal about Five Below having a $10 section? Seriously? What are we even talking about? Dropmix was $100+ when it first came out, I’ll gladly pay $10 for it.
Well they were dumping the new guitar heroes like a year ago at $5

Full disclosure: I was literally complaining about the over $5 section right before getting excited seeing the dropmix there for $10

Well they were dumping the new guitar heroes like a year ago at $5
True. But I think even at $10 I still would have bought that Guitar Hero set. If the value is there, $10 is a pretty good deal for something that originally retails at $100. I guess it all depends on what the item is. Now if they were selling some sports game from last year or an older Call of Duty game for that price, I’d see that as a problem since we are already getting those titles at $5.

As a side note- the additional character blind bags for Mario Kart Monopoly are $1.50 on Amazon. 
If you want the other six, it's probably the best price for them. 

My wife stopped in at the store near her job.

Clerk told her all the units of Dropmix had sold, and that they had no card packs.

Then, the clerk looked behind the counter, and found two boxes full of card packs.  (The series 1 and series 2 sets.)

They didn't have the pop playlist pack, or any other playlist pack.

Needless to say, it's pretty stupid that they didn't have the card packs out when they had the unit in stock.  They'll prolly have a harder time selling the cards now, when they eventually put them out on the floor.

My wife stopped in at the store near her job.

Clerk told her all the units of Dropmix had sold, and that they had no card packs.

Then, the clerk looked behind the counter, and found two boxes full of card packs. (The series 1 and series 2 sets.)

They didn't have the pop playlist pack, or any other playlist pack.

Needless to say, it's pretty stupid that they didn't have the card packs out when they had the unit in stock. They'll prolly have a harder time selling the cards now, when they eventually put them out on the floor.
Wow, that's good to know at least.

eBay has the complete Series 1 and 2 discover pack sets for slightly cheaper if you need both so I'll just get them there. I'll keep an eye out for the playlist packs as they are still a steal.

If anyone grabbed that Mario Kart Monopoly for $7 and wants to get the extra characters, Best Buy has them for $1.49 each: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/monopoly-gamer-mario-kart-power-pack-styles-may-vary/6255466.p?skuId=6255466

I went in to one of the stores near me and was able to get 5 of the 6. Only one not there was Bowser. Going to try another Best Buy tomorrow. I think in store at Best Buy is the safest bet. If you order online, they just grab random ones to send you and you're likely to get duplicates.

Amazon was mentioned as having them for this price too, but some of the Amazon reviews mentioned ordering like 5 or 6 of them and getting nothing buy Shy Guys or whatever.

If anyone grabbed that Mario Kart Monopoly for $7 and wants to get the extra characters, Best Buy has them for $1.49 each: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/monopoly-gamer-mario-kart-power-pack-styles-may-vary/6255466.p?skuId=6255466

I went in to one of the stores near me and was able to get 5 of the 6. Only one not there was Bowser. Going to try another Best Buy tomorrow. I think in store at Best Buy is the safest bet. If you order online, they just grab random ones to send you and you're likely to get duplicates.

Amazon was mentioned as having them for this price too, but some of the Amazon reviews mentioned ordering like 5 or 6 of them and getting nothing buy Shy Guys or whatever.
Wow. Now they're doing DLC for physical board games? The worst timeline. The worst.

Found these playlist packs hiding behind the counter at 5-Below for $2.25 each.  Bonus points for having to stand around for 5 minutes until someone came up to the front to finally help me buy them:

Ouroboros - Rock
Derby - Pop
Mirrors - Hip-Hop
Lucky - Country

Found these playlist packs hiding behind the counter at 5-Below for $2.25 each. Bonus points for having to stand around for 5 minutes until someone came up to the front to finally help me buy them:

Ouroboros - Rock
Derby - Pop
Mirrors - Hip-Hop
Lucky - Country
Awesome. Nice grab.
I don’t have any of those, and definitely plan to try the (somewhat) close store again.

I’m not close to a BB, so I placed an order. (Limit 5.)

All five were different. No duplicates.

Hopefully, I can get to a store soon and check for Bowser, the only one I now need.

Hopefully, I can get to a store soon and check for Bowser, the only one I now need.
Bowser seems like he was intentionally made rare, from what I've seen. The first store I checked had a few each of the others, and the second store I checked had around 30 total packs, and only two were Bowser.

Anyone dropmix cards ship? I ordered all of them and a board game and the game shipped but the cards still haven't. I ordered on the 9th.

bread's done
Back