Five Below gaming deals - DarkStar One $5 and more

Richard Longfellow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Five Below carries a regular stock of PC games and occasionally console games, $5 each. (Updates in red). Including...

PC Games

Civilization III Gold
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Pirates Caribbean at World's End
DQ Tycoon
My Sims
Hospital Tycoon
Nancy Drew Curse of Blackmoor Manor DVD game
Prince of Persia
Universe At War: Earth Assault
Jericho
SIM CITY SOCIETIES
F.E.A.R. PERSUS MANDATE
FRIENDS
IRON MAN
MONOPOLY HERE AND NOW
TORNADO JOCKEY
Mystery Case Files Ravenhearst
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Settlers Rise of an Empire Gold
Lost Via Domus
The Club
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Operation Mania
The Shield
Turok
EndWar
Splinter Cell/Pandora Tomorrow jewel case
Lost Planet Extreme Condition
Devil May Cry 4

Xbox 360

Space Chimps
Dark Sector
NCAA March Madness 07
FIFA Street
Final Fantasy XI Wings of Goddess expansion
Smackdown vs Raw 2007
Dark Sector
Bomberman Act Zero
Smash Court tennis 3
Blue Dragon
Bully
NCAA Basketball 09

PS3

NCAA Basketball 09

Xbox

Breakdown (backwards compatible)
True Crime NYC
Tony Hawks Underground 2
True Crime LA
Taito Legends

PS2

Sly Cooper
Syphon Filter Omega Strain
Extreme Dance Pad
Dancing With The Stars
Madden 08
NCAA 08
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity
Sega Superstars Tennis
Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Nintendo Wii
Golden Compass
Ultimate Band

GameBoy Advance

Tarzan Return to the Jungle
Drill Dozer
Spiderman 3
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Spyro the Dragon
The Incredibles
Spongebob Squarepants Krusty Krab
Spongebob Squarepants Atlantis Squarepantis
Paws & Claws: Dogs & Cats - Best Friends
Bratz Forever Diamondz
Jimmy Neutron Attack of the Twonkies
Let's Ride Friends Forever
Drake & Josh
Cars Mater-National
Bratz The Movie
Shrek Carnival
Golden Compass
Yu Gi Oh Double Pack 2
Shrek The Third
Arthur and the invisibles
Kong
Paws & Claws Pet Vet

Nintendo DS

Boogie
Space Chimps
Operation Vietnam
Hotel Dusk Room 215
Ultimate Band
Magical starsign
Deep Labyrinth
Orcs & Elves
Steel Horizon
Balls of Fury

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='djjewboy']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220677

Old news, we have a constantly updated thread about it.
On the 19th, they're adding 3 new DS games to their gaming stuff.[/QUOTE]

It's nice that there's a store thread and all, but now that the DarkStar One thread has been merged in and it's not even in the OP, it's just buried at the end with no way for anyone who doesn't watch this thread closely to see it. If the deal had only been posted here earlier, I'd almost certainly have missed it, and now lots of others probably will. Poor decision, in my opinion.

[Edit: Haha, and just as I post this, someone adds it to the thread title. :) Thanks to whoever did that.]

Anyway, I was eyeing this when it came out, since there's not really anything else like it on the console, but I was feeling skeptical enough about it that I didn't jump. So this is perfect -- unless it turns out to be a great game, of course, in which case it's a real shame that it apparently failed so badly.

They had about 15-20 copies on the shelf in the Fairfax, VA store, for anyone in the area who's interested. The store is pretty far out of my way normally (conveniently, I just happened to be going near there today anyway), so I can't offer to pick it up for anyone, sorry.

[quote name='Josef']Also saw the following DS games for $5 each:

Populous DS
Honeycomb Beat
International Track & Field[/QUOTE]

In addition to those, I saw Chocolatier for the DS as well. I seem to remember hearing some good things about that one, but I tried to look up reviews on my phone while I was in the store and couldn't find any, so I decided to skip it for now. They had a lot of copies, so I'm not terribly worried about them selling out if I decide I want it.

I have Populous, and I found it disappointing. I was a big fan of the original back in the Amiga days, but something about the DS version just didn't really work for me. Can't even really say what (maybe it's just too dated a design in general at this point). Still, for $5, it may be worth a shot anyway if it's something that sounds interesting to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again, OP. Found a copy last night at one of the local ones. Anyone in the Cleveland, OH area looking for DarkStar One or MLB 2K9 on Xbox 360 can find them at the Ridge Park Square store (north of I-480 off of Ridge). They had about 5-6 copies of each last night.

[quote name='donssword']Been looking for Chocolatier DS. DS reviews are generally positive for this one. The PC version is very popular.[/QUOTE]

The Midlothian Tnpk store has a bunch, if you can't find any at the other locations I'll grab one for you.

[quote name='confoosious']I thought Dark Star One was an old game but it turns out it was released last july.

not bad for $5.[/QUOTE]

Well, the XBox 360 version is new, but it's really a remake of a PC game from 2006.

picked up darkstar and mlb2k9 for 360 at the location in Columbia MD on my lunch break, they have a ton left of each. nice find

There seemed to be a bunch of copies of both Darkstar and MLB 2K9 at the store in...Springfield VA? I'm not sure, it's on Little River Turnpike off of 495. Went there on the way back from somewhere else. I picked up Darkstar, passed on the other (not really a video game sports fan in general).

I figured the game (or as it turns out, the 360 version) being pretty new by it having the new box art. Reviews of it aren't great, but seem decent, and it's rather unique...it and Project Sylpheed are about the only space shooters on the 360, and it's apparently got the sim aspect of it going for it as well. We'll see how it is. Thanks to the TC for the heads up!

Every time I see this thread the past few days, makes me wish there was a Five Below near me. At the price of $5, makes me not want to buy the sticker covered copy from Bestbuy for $20. I have Project Sylpheed and old Colony Wars to tide me over.

I hate the Flea Market here so much. Everyone there is a rip off. Someone told me Five Below had Honeycomb Beat, Populous and another DS game. I went to the flea market last weekend and someone was selling them, opened, for $18.

[quote name='vodkablast']I hate the Flea Market here so much. Everyone there is a rip off. Someone told me Five Below had Honeycomb Beat, Populous and another DS game. I went to the flea market last weekend and someone was selling them, opened, for $18.[/QUOTE]

My flea market guys at least have the decency to keep the games sealed when they mark up their copies 400%. :D

since i'm in cali, anyone here willing to pick me up a few copies of DarkstarOne & bully for 360 and chocolatier, both of the paws & claws, hotel dusk, deep labyrinth, and orcs & elves (ds) i'd be willing to throw a few bucks their way for their troubles; or maybe a game from my stash or something?

[quote name='Josef']Picked up one each of:

:ds: Chocolatier - $5
:ds: Dream Chronicles - $5[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, Dream Chronicles was the other one I saw . . . Couldn't remember the name of it, so I didn't post it. Is this any good? Looked like it might be interesting, but I couldn't really tell what the game actually is from what I saw on the box.

[quote name='arcane93']Oh yeah, Dream Chronicles was the other one I saw . . . Couldn't remember the name of it, so I didn't post it. Is this any good? Looked like it might be interesting, but I couldn't really tell what the game actually is from what I saw on the box.[/QUOTE]

I honestly have no idea if it's any good yet. It looked like it could be decent and for $5 I thought I'd give it a shot. Lol, I still don't know what type of game it is yet!

[quote name='vodkablast']I hate the Flea Market here so much. Everyone there is a rip off. Someone told me Five Below had Honeycomb Beat, Populous and another DS game. I went to the flea market last weekend and someone was selling them, opened, for $18.[/QUOTE]

Who gives a shit about flea market deceny? If people will pay that price, more power to the sellers. In a normal person's eyes, $18 for a used DS game is a good deal.
Five Below has Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Wii starter kits, with controller skins and a whole bunch of stuff all packed into this sweet metal Zelda lunchbox, they were $5 in store and i sold them on Gtz and on Ebay for $20-30 a piece. They retailed at Best Buy initially for 24.99 then 19.99. People are stupid.

I'll make a list of the all the gaming related swag that mine have. They literally have a whole wall of DS and PSP accessories, as well as Wii stuff, great 3rd party PS2, original xbox and Gamecube controllers and light up DDR mats for PS2. They have an awesome Galaga shirt for $5 smackeroos. Actually the t shirt section is pretty decent and sometimes hoodies show up every now and again, just make sure to buy one size bigger than your actual size because those things shrink. A few of them have a slew of Final Fantasy X or XI statue/action figures, which i've been getting $30-40 on ebay for.

Each store gets different items and sells out differently, so it's worth taking a day off and just driving to all Five Belows around you. NJ/DE/PA CAG's should check out the Five Below in the Gallery in Philadelpia, it's warehouse sized and amazing. I'm in the Insider's Club so they mail me the new circular a week before it starts, so i'll update here.

There is a Five Below literally in the next block over from where I work. I stopped by during lunch and they have a TON of games. I didn't make an inventory, but if anyone wants to PM me with a list, I can always pick em up and ship out at cost plus a few bucks convenience. Let me know.

[quote name='djjewboy']Who gives a shit about flea market deceny?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the "deceny" crack was directed at me. Lighten up, it was just a joke.

hey there, [quote name='nuuuuj']There is a Five Below literally in the next block over from where I work. I stopped by during lunch and they have a TON of games. I didn't make an inventory, but if anyone wants to PM me with a list, I can always pick em up and ship out at cost plus a few bucks convenience. Let me know.[/QUOTE]

meet =>
[quote name='Agent 0017']since i'm in cali, anyone here willing to pick me up a few copies of DarkstarOne & bully for 360 and chocolatier, both of the paws & claws, hotel dusk, deep labyrinth, and orcs & elves (ds) i'd be willing to throw a few bucks their way for their troubles; or maybe a game from my stash or something?[/QUOTE]

pm me then?

I checked out the Five Below down the line from me earlier today and I saw a bunch, including a game for PC not mentioned in the OP.

:pc:Braid- THIS version

I also saw a big stack of :360:Darkstar One and a buttload of just about every other game people have been mentioning in here lately there.

They also had copies of Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince on Blu-Ray for $5 and some straight to video Free Willy sequel on Blu-Ray:lol:.

Might have to go to see if they have The Half Blood Prince BR. I watched that movie again today and it's not my favorite but for $5 why not. I think I read that the earlier movies they put on Blu Ray are just the DVD print but I'm sure that one is fine.

[quote name='benjamouth']Went to the Five Below nearest me and they had no 360 games at all, this was at Springfield PA if anyone cares.[/QUOTE]

That's odd. Every one I've been to has had a ton of Dark Star One. Maybe they haven't put it out yet?

[quote name='Josef']That's odd. Every one I've been to has had a ton of Dark Star One. Maybe they haven't put it out yet?[/QUOTE]

You might well be right Josef. I already have the game, was looking for a $5 copy of Bully but I guess it wasn't to be.

[quote name='benjamouth']You might well be right Josef. I already have the game, was looking for a $5 copy of Bully but I guess it wasn't to be.[/QUOTE]

And actually, I haven't seen any copies of Bully at any of the Five Belows I went to. I wonder if that one's an older title they are selling that most places will be out of stock.

The only two games I kinda half wanted from this were Bully(since I have a 360 now) and that Aqua Teen Hunger Force golfing game since I wanted to try both out. But seeing as how I don't have a PS2 currently and I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep the 360 I have it's not a big deal if I don't find them.

[quote name='Josef']And actually, I haven't seen any copies of Bully at any of the Five Belows I went to. I wonder if that one's an older title they are selling that most places will be out of stock.[/QUOTE]

Bully is one of the older titles. I haven't seen Bully at any of the locations for quite a few months now.

I went and got
DarkStar One
Half Blood Prince - BR
Observe and Report - BR

I guess the reason why those movies are so cheap is because they are from Canada and have French writing on them.

Side note - Went to a Blockbuster closing and got 20 DS cases and 15 PSP cases for $7.

Welp, found a seller on eBay who was hawking Darkstar One sealed for ten bucks. Gonna assume he flipped it from a Five Below seller; still works for me. Been wanting to try this!

bread's done
Back