Fixed my dead pixel problem for $4.49 ^_^

tauruskatt

CAGiversary!
Well, technically I did! The PSP in my hands has no pixel problems! worth bragging about I think, so here's how it all went down:

Exhibit A: My launch day PSP, teeeeeeeny tiny cluster of stuck pixels in the upper far right side of the screen. Paid full price for it, well I had trades, but you know, the whole $249.99 dealie (no employee discounts on new systems).

Exhibit B: My store gets a traded in PSP, no dead pixels, perfect shape. After a minor inquisition by me as to why he wanted to trade it in, I come to the conclusion that Guy was just not skilled enough for the games he got and had some buyers remorse going on. (i.e. pay baby's momma first, then game systems)

Exhibit C: Coworker comes by and buys used PSP from my store. woot. we play multiplayer Untold Legends. He officially makes me a Lumines addict.

Exhibit D: Coworker gets pulled over and car gets towed and many other crap things happen. vary sad. I give coworker a lift to work.

Exhibit E: Impending dooooom forces coworker to need $$ and returns pixel-perfect-PSP. :cry:

Exhibit F: I trade my PSP in (trade-in value of $170) and an extra carring case from a starter pack i didn't need ($4) and buy his (using my discount, $169.99).

Final result: I'm left to pay the difference of about half the tax, $4.49.

heh, sorry in advance if anyone finds this to be mean or working the system too much. But the fact of the matter is he was returning it because he needed the money, and whoever buys my old system is still paying less then for a new one and if the four or five pixels in the corner bug them that much, can still send it to sony, or return it to one of our stores at no loss to them.

On a much more girly note, I spent three hours in the mall, falling in love with a $45 sweater and a $40 dress, but instead purchasing a $16 pair of work pants, a couple of $10-12 tops, and a comfy sweater that was on clearence~ original MSP $40, my price? $6.99!! :D

;)

~

[quote name='JohnnyA']Nice, but couldn't you just have returned your original PSP for one that didn't have the dead pixels?[/QUOTE]

maybe...but that's a good bit of effort for something I would have otherwise dealt with just fine

besides, when you work at the fruit stand you don't scoff at the not-quite-ripe bananas. *shrug* :)

[quote name='tauruskatt']maybe...but that's a good bit of effort for something I would have otherwise dealt with just fine

besides, when you work at the fruit stand you don't scoff at the not-quite-ripe bananas. *shrug* :)[/QUOTE]

I dunno. Mine had an annoying chain of 3 deads in the lower left hand corner and one dead toward the middle of the screen. After 3 weeks, my replacement finally came into EB. I picked it up and this one has a dead pix. Oh well, it's only 1 and it's in the lower right hand corner, so it's hardly visible.

[quote name='whiteboy']Nice. And based on the last paragraph i hope you are female. If not than uh...good finds anyway.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Whats wrong with a dude buying a dress every once in awhile? Sometimes you just gotta spoil yourself!

[quote name='JohnnyA']Nice, but couldn't you just have returned your original PSP for one that didn't have the dead pixels?[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking, or if I worked there and didn't wanna return it, I'd have just swapped my crappy psp with the trade in model. Not traded it in and bought the good one, but just straight up swapped it. If I worked at a job like that you'd better believe I'd take liberties with shit like that.

[quote name='jimbodan']That's what I was thinking, or if I worked there and didn't wanna return it, I'd have just swapped my crappy psp with the trade in model. Not traded it in and bought the good one, but just straight up swapped it. If I worked at a job like that you'd better believe I'd take liberties with shit like that.[/QUOTE]

lol, well there wasn't a point, the cool thing about this was that trading it in cost me less then $5 bucks, and now I have a reciept of purchase with the correct serial number and everything else. besides, I don't like the idea of taking liberties like that, I actually like my job. :lol:

[quote name='whiteboy']Nice. And based on the last paragraph i hope you are female. If not than uh...good finds anyway.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you didn't notice but her signature says, "learn how to put movies on your PSP from a girl", so I can safely assume that this is a multi-step hoax or she is a girl.

[quote name='Tromack']Maybe you didn't notice but her signature says, "learn how to put movies on your PSP from a girl", so I can safely assume that this is a multi-step hoax or she is a girl.[/QUOTE]

multi-step hoax ~ if that's the case this has been a hell of a lotta work! :lol:

btw, hey sblymnl look~ i'm a veteran!

[quote name='tauruskatt']multi-step hoax ~ if that's the case this has been a hell of a lotta work! :lol:

btw, hey sblymnl look~ i'm a veteran![/QUOTE]

Yes taking pictures of women and posting them on here and talking about girly things, sneaky!!!

And congrats on the veteran status, soon you will catch up with sbyml. :shock:

[quote name='tauruskatt']multi-step hoax ~ if that's the case this has been a hell of a lotta work! :lol:

btw, hey sblymnl look~ i'm a veteran![/QUOTE]

Wow. Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

BTW, sblymnl is a Registered Sex Offender.

Congrats on your 300th though. Maybe you'll even catch zion...:lol:

[quote name='MorPhiend']
Congrats on your 300th though. Maybe you'll even catch zion...:lol:[/QUOTE]

catching zion isn't hard, he's only at like 600.;)

[quote name='zionoverfire']catching zion isn't hard, he's only at like 600.;)[/QUOTE]

I'll mail you some booze if I get close.

...my battery died during lumines...i'm gonna go cry a little now....

*Why I didn't leave it charging I have No Clue*...

~

[quote name='schultzed']So . . . . . you could've saved $80 by just waiting two weeks for a used PSP?

See the way my cheapass brain works :)[/QUOTE]

haha, yes, duely noted~ but how was I supposed to know a PSP would be traded in in really good condition so soon after launch? plus, I got the value pak stuff this way without having to pay for it seperately...and this was cheaper then sending it back to sony and being without ;)

[quote name='Tromack']Maybe you didn't notice but her signature says, "learn how to put movies on your PSP from a girl", so I can safely assume that this is a multi-step hoax or she is a girl.[/QUOTE]

There's no question she's a girl. :drool: Check out the pic in the first post in her thread, over here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46886

PhrostByte has met her in person, so he's confirmed the pic is her.

And good job on getting the pixel problem fixed, even if it was a bit Rube Goldberg in its process. :D

[quote name='tauruskatt'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='MorPhiend']Wow. Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

BTW, sblymnl is a Registered Sex Offender.

Congrats on your 300th though. Maybe you'll even catch zion...:lol:[/QUOTE]catching zion isn't hard, he's only at like 600.;)[/QUOTE]I'll mail you some booze if I get close.

...my battery died during lumines...i'm gonna go cry a little now....

*Why I didn't leave it charging I have No Clue*...

~[/QUOTE]

:shock:
Is "zion" really at 600?!?! And how did I know a comment like that was coming when I was too lazy to type out zioninthefire?

And katt, are you saying that you want zioninthefire to be at 20,000 posts? Oh, and congrats on fixing most of your dead pixels. By the time I had read through the thread on my first post, I had completely forgotten what I should have been replying to. (Sounds like someone's "trade threads").:lol:

[quote name='MorPhiend']:shock:
Is "zion" really at 600?!?! And how did I know a comment like that was coming when I was too lazy to type out zioninthefire?

And katt, are you saying that you want zioninthefire to be at 20,000 posts? Oh, and congrats on fixing most of your dead pixels. By the time I had read through the thread on my first post, I had completely forgotten what I should have been replying to. (Sounds like someone's "trade threads").:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know how that can be, MorPhiend. :D

[quote name='tauruskatt']haha, yes, duely noted~ but how was I supposed to know a PSP would be traded in in really good condition so soon after launch? plus, I got the value pak stuff this way without having to pay for it seperately...and this was cheaper then sending it back to sony and being without ;)[/QUOTE]

What are you thinking? It's a piece of Sony hardware. It wasn't in good condition when they sold it NIB.;)

[quote name='shrike4242']
PhrostByte has met her in person, so he's confirmed the pic is her.

And good job on getting the pixel problem fixed, even if it was a bit Rube Goldberg in its process. :D[/QUOTE]

lol...unless i'm really Phrostbyte too!! :twisted: :lol:

...um, okay, second reference, I give, who's Rube Goldberg?

I'm going out tonight in one of my new tops, proof that I do acutally have the occasional thing to do more important then post here ;)

Don't they teach you kids anything in school these days? We had to make rube goldberg machines in physics class. Mine was pretty awesome.

I'm going to make one tha kicks racks soon.

[quote name='MorPhiend']What are you thinking? It's a piece of Sony hardware. It wasn't in good condition when they sold it NIB.;)[/QUOTE]

you're just jealous cause the PSP is the game system equivilant of sex. :p

http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/cabic508/rsf/SF6-2i.swf

PSP: "Very Well. Then I shall show you the power with which I ensnared God himself!"

(heh, well worth the click if you haven't seen this yet) :lol:

[quote name='DenisDFat']Don't they teach you kids anything in school these days? .[/QUOTE]

three words: Public school sucks.

[quote name='Lina']Comfy sweater doesn't sound good...

You got a great body, wear some tight sweaters. :)[/QUOTE]

lol, I fully intend on wearing it with a mini skirt at least once. ;)

I went to publick school, too. That's no excuse. I threatened to dropkick the teahers if they would not teach us.

I got us out of many a lame holiday party

[quote name='Lina']Comfy sweater doesn't sound good...

You got a great body, wear some tight sweaters. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree with that idea 150%. :D

[quote name='tauruskatt']lol...unless i'm really Phrostbyte too!! :twisted: :lol:

...um, okay, second reference, I give, who's Rube Goldberg?

I'm going out tonight in one of my new tops, proof that I do acutally have the occasional thing to do more important then post here ;)[/QUOTE]

If you were Phrostbyte, that would mean some posts that Phrost did would have a whole new meaning to them. :shock:

Rube Goldberg explanation:
http://www.rube-goldberg.com/

Hit the top two links and it'll fill in all the blanks.

I know you do more things than post in here, though pics of the outfit are always nice to combine the two ideas. :D

[quote name='tauruskatt']you're just jealous cause the PSP is the game system equivilant of sex. :p [/QUOTE]

Yes, I admit it's true. I'm saving myself for the GBE...:oops: :whistle2:$

[quote name='tauruskatt']http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/cabic508/rsf/SF6-2i.swf

PSP: "Very Well. Then I shall show you the power with which I ensnared God himself!"

(heh, well worth the click if you haven't seen this yet) :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty cool video. I don't get why some of those things would team up, but fun nonetheless.:D

bread's done
Back