Flash Focus - instruction booklet necessary?

basketb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So I bought Flash Focus from Game Stop "new" for $4.99. It turns out, it's actually a used copy:
1. under like four white stickers, there was a yellow sticker (I only noticed this after getting home)
2. there were already a couple of profiles saved.
3. the instruction booklet is missing (registration card, health warning, and "you may also like" cards are present).

The latter makes me wonder, whether I will actually need the instruction booklet at some point (like you need it for Prof. Layton & the diabolical box). Does anyone know? thx.

No you dont need the instructions, but this is not like every other GS situation where they sold you a "new" copy of the game and it turned out actually to be a gut copy. If they actually tacked all of those "new" stickers on it, I can care less if it was $4.99 or not. I would be pretty freaking pissed off and I would go back to that GS and give them hell. This isn't like other situations where some people just complain about games getting gutted and claimed to be new, nor is this game one of the ones that the employees take out to play, because employees can only take out new games to play which is also the reason why some of the "new" games are gutted. You don't need the manual, but if I were you, I'd go back to GS and make them do everything they can to get you a new copy. GS normally don't transfer games from store to store, but in this case they are completely in the wrong and if they don't do it, then you can call up their corporate for that store and let them know what just happened.

I second that, Square. Bottom line is you paid for a new copy. Something similar happened to me once...I peeled off the "new" price tag on a PSP game I bought and there it was, a used sticker with a lower price. I went back to complain and they said they'd refund me the difference. Shouldn't have happened in the first place, IMO.

Thanks for the replies. If the price had been higher (i.e., > $20), I'd raise hell (but chances are, I wouldn't buy a $20+ (gutted) game at GS in any case). However, for five bucks it's not really worth my time to go back to the store (or even call them). Ever since amazon and TRU started accepting used games I hardly go to a GS store anymore.

I am positive that if you went back to the store and asked for a manual, they would give it to you.

bread's done
Back