Flight Sim X Deluxe at Circuit City

richdmoore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
The newspaper insert for Circuit City shows Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe edition for 47.99, the price for the same software at best buy, gamestop, etc is $69.99. Looks to be a nationwide sale. I read about this on the AVSIM forums.

Oh, and this does take a pretty beefy computer to get good frame rates, like all the other flight sims before it. Microsoft did make a demo to try out, but the framerate is somewhat dependent on the area you are flying over (city vs open country.) It's assumed it will run better when Vista and DX 10 come out, as it is suppose to be optimized for that configuration.

Yeah that's a great deal on the deluxe version. I've been on the fence about getting it, but I think I'll stick with FS2004 since this new version apparently requires a PC built 2 years from now to run it at full detail with a high frame rate.

BAH!!!

Went to Circus City, (in Eastridge, San Jose, CA) on Wednesday, October 18, 2006, and they said "we have the game", but "the game is in the 'loading docks,' and you'll have to wait".

I went to Circus City around 15:00, or 3:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, I waited until 18:30, or 6:30 P.M. PST, and still, no FSXD.

I then left Circus City, went back home, bought $75 in BB Gift Cards (at Safeway), to order FSXD online, used $1 McD BBB.

I am waiting to get FSXD, at BB, hopefully, they'll PM with Circus City (I go to BB on Saturday, October 21, 2006,) with the McD BBB.

Tip: NEVER go to the Eastridge Circus City, to get new games, best one is in Sunnyvale.

Circus City?

Yeah, this is a great deal. I am a fan of the Flight Sim games, but I hope that one day we get a console version of the game. I would love to play it on the Xbox 360 and over Xbox Live.

[quote name='ananag112']Circus City?

Yeah, this is a great deal. I am a fan of the Flight Sim games, but I hope that one day we get a console version of the game. I would love to play it on the Xbox 360 and over Xbox Live.[/quote]

Problem is that any flight sim game like MSFS would make any console explode because of how hardware intensive it would be.

Fry's now has FSX Deluxe for $44.99 (at least at the Chicago-area store). I may wait until Sunday and pricematch at Circuit City, may be able to get it for $43.49 after the 10% price match discount.

This game is a beast to run. I have a E6300 Core 2 Duo w/ 1gb ddr2 and a 7600GT PCI-E, and I'm lucky to pull 12-15fps @ medium-high settings. Even medium-low only garnishes a few extra fps.

I'm holding onto my copy as a Christmas gift to my oldest. At that time, I will wait to install until I pick up a new machine early next year (waiting on Vista and DirectX 10 card, plus price drop on E6700 processor). Hopefully the imminent release of the X6900 (duo 3.2Ghz) and QX6700 (quad 2.66) will drop the prices of the current high end chips when I'm ready to upgrade my current machine.

bread's done
Back