Flight Simulator Free Download PC

The second link is actually for the Games for Window which is PC.

Edit: ninja'd

But thanks for the info, I will download this later on today.

[quote name='lllGurulll']That link is not for the 360[/QUOTE]

sorry about that I guess its just for the PC then, just fixed it

[quote name='lllGurulll']why are they doing this for free this time? Is this just a limited sale or will it always be free?[/QUOTE]

All you get is the main island of Hawaii and a plane or 2 to fly. For the low price of $43, you can add the rest of the chain of the Hawaiian islands and two more planes (20 bucks for the chain, an $8 plane and a $15 plane). MS is going nickle and dime with add-ons, but in a way that is going to be way overpriced.

[quote name='lllGurulll']why are they doing this for free this time? Is this just a limited sale or will it always be free?[/QUOTE]

Always free, but with in-game purchases of aircraft and scenery from what I've heard. It's a simplified/stripped down version of Flight Simulator, in essence. It's probably a better deal to just get FS X Gold for $40 or less.

Anyone know where the downloaded installer files are? I typically backup all my GFWL items, but since this was through a separate installer (vs GFWL client), I don't know where the files were cached/stored.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Anyone know where the downloaded installer files are? I typically backup all my GFWL items, but since this was through a separate installer (vs GFWL client), I don't know where the files were cached/stored.[/QUOTE]

You can view and/or change that in the settings of the Games for Window Live market/client. About the only thing good about that program is that it lets you change the file location for just about anything.

I'ts a pretty fun game. Turns out if you participated in the beta they give you the Hawaii expansion pack for free (with I would have bothered).

One tip I've read, do not buy the P51 Mustang - there is no cockpit view, it is external only (unless you like that sort of thing).

Oh, and the game has achievements if you like that sort of thing. Always nice to get free achievements.

[quote name='cycophuk']All you get is the main island of Hawaii and a plane or 2 to fly. For the low price of $43, you can add the rest of the chain of the Hawaiian islands and two more planes (20 bucks for the chain, an $8 plane and a $15 plane). MS is going nickle and dime with add-ons, but in a way that is going to be way overpriced.[/QUOTE]
Yup, that free is always so expensive.

I can't fuck believe you put free and "nickle and dime" in the same post

for what you get it's not too bad. just played a couple flight missions last night. i'm good with whats there.

[quote name='Mugatu']You can view and/or change that in the settings of the Games for Window Live market/client. About the only thing good about that program is that it lets you change the file location for just about anything.[/QUOTE]

Oh ya, I know that; I kinda thought I made that clear. Flight was downloaded with a separate installer, and the files were not in the standard directories.

Take it as what it is, a decent demo. They'll probably do sales from time to time, especially as they make and release new content for it. A couple of people I know are going to love this.

From what I have read in PC flight magazines it's going to be a DLC based structure. You get the base unit for free (including a handful of scenery and plane options) and pay for the rest of the scenery, planes, modes, etc. separately. I'm not AS resistant to this model for Microsoft Flight Simulator because the previous MSF games had SO MUCH extra content beyond the base game anyway. However, I do wonder if this game will be as open to third party additions as the other MSF game were. I guess we will see.

Interesting a new FS game...I was addicted to FS9 for years...FSX was a major dissapointment IMO as the power needed to run it was worse then Crysis

FSX was very CPU-bound. I suspect high end CPUs these days should have no problems running it pretty smooth. The Aces team at MS claimed the game was designed to run on future hardware to extend the product life cycle. Unfortunately my PC is as old as FSX, so I can't tell you if that's true or not. From my understanding, Flight has been optimized so the GPU does more of the work. It definitely seems to run better on my rig at high settings than FSX did.

I'm still a little skeptical about the business model though. At $20 for Hawaii alone, how much is the whole world going to cost us? I also miss the jets and seeing other planes in the air. It has a very flight sim "light" feel to it.

bread's done
Back