Flower $4.99 on PSN - Today only!

I bought it last time it was $5 and can't say enough good things about this game. Granted, it's a very simple game and only lasts about 2-3 hours, but it was a fantastic experience.

Buy it if you like quirky, super relaxing things. Ain't just for trophy whores. Also good for artsy pretentious people like me.

[quote name='playing mantis']They need to port this game back to xbox (I heard it was originally started in xna, then they went over to PS3 for some reason)[/QUOTE]

Buy a PS3. :)

Couldn't care less about trophies but it's a fun little experience. Probably wouldn't spend more than $5 on it, but this is a great price for it.

I've been waiting for it to get discounted again, but this couldn't come at a more inconvenient time.

I think I need to check myself into a gamers rehabilitation center

[quote name='Diebythesword']So is this for Saturday or Sunday?[/QUOTE]

I just saw it on PSN - I tried to look for details online but couldn't find anything.

It says "today only" on PSN (at 10:30pm pacific), and since Sony seems to want to operate on Eastern time, I'm guessing that means Sunday.

[quote name='playing mantis']They need to port this game back to xbox (I heard it was originally started in xna, then they went over to PS3 for some reason)[/QUOTE]

Um, I believe they simply used XNA as a testing platform to assist with the PS3 development. They never had any intentions of bringing the game to the 360. They're a 2nd party Sony company. Besides Flower works because of the motion controls. It would definitely not feel the same using an analog stick

[quote name='ssjmichael']Um, I believe they simply used XNA as a testing platform to assist with the PS3 development. They never had any intentions of bringing the game to the 360. They're a 2nd party Sony company. Besides Flower works because of the motion controls. It would definitely not feel the same using an analog stick[/QUOTE]

My God, you've brought ruin to us all! Run! Everybody RUN NOW! The Natal worshipers are coming!

[quote name='Devil May Cry']My God, you've brought ruin to us all! Run! Everybody RUN NOW! The Natal worshipers are coming![/QUOTE]

lol, flower would actually be cool with Natal. Thatgamecompany could do wonders with something like that. I'm sure they have something cooking up for Sony's Arc, Sphere or whatever they're calling their motion controller.

[quote name='Devil May Cry']flOw -> Flower -> flOw with a Vengeance -> Live Free or flOw[/QUOTE]
The Die Hard Method of sequel naming was used for the first two - you have to follow it through to the logical conclusion.

Thanks, OP, definitely picking this up today; I missed the last sale by a day, and I'm definitely not missing this one.

damnit psn is starting to get like xbl. xbl has microsoft points left over that you can't buy much so you have to buy more points to get something you want in which case, I have the similar problem now but on the psn. I have $4.57 on my account and I can't just pay the difference no, I am forced to buy at least $5 worth of credit in order to make up the difference and then I will be left with another $4 and change again. The never ending process/cycle of console companies nowadays.

Worked the reverse for me. I had like 3.50 left in my wallet, so I got flOw and the expansion for $3.

This game is cool, but everyone who claims it's the greatest emotional experience they've ever had with a game is either exagerrating to an incredible degree or gay.

After I beat it, I never went back to it. It's cool for what it is and it's worth 5 bucks.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']This game is cool, but everyone who claims it's the greatest emotional experience they've ever had with a game is either exagerrating to an incredible degree or gay or not me and I have no insight on how they could feel because last I checked I couldn't view the world from their eyes[/QUOTE]

I didn't break down, cry and wish myself off this mortal coil or anything drastic, but it was a much different feeling upon completing the game than say, gears of war or assassin's creed. You don't have to condemn the next person in line just to save face and act manly about playing a game that has you playing with wind and flowers.

[quote name='Vortextk']I didn't break down, cry and wish myself off this mortal coil or anything drastic, but it was a much different feeling upon completing the game than say, gears of war or assassin's creed. You don't have to condemn the next person in line just to save face and act manly about playing a game that has you playing with wind and flowers.[/QUOTE]

I'm not condemning you; that would imply that I think gay people are something to be condemned. Getting emotional after playing this game is an obvious feminine trait.

Well I decided to pick this up even though I found the motion controls to be horrible on Flow. To my surprise this one responded well and so far I'm having fun with it. Thanks OP!

Im going to give the alternate view here, as I bought into the hype you see here. You fly around with the motion controls, touch things in the grass to make flowers with some trance music in the background. Thats it. Good graphics, change of pace from other games, yes, but great game, no. Maybe worth $2.50 tops as a tech\alternate gaming demo.
Thanks for posting op, this is what i picked it up for and lowest ive seen it. Still wish I paid less for it.

Is there a way to queue the game up for download online? Like has the PSN update itself so that I can purchase the game on it's website and have it ready to download when I turn on the PS3? In other words, can I do the same thing as my xbox 360?

I'm gone for the weekend and I have no access to my PS3...

[quote name='grayfox9996']The Die Hard Method of sequel naming was used for the first two - you have to follow it through to the logical conclusion.[/QUOTE]

Why not:
Flows and the Flowing Flowers Who Flow Them

better than the ghastly:
Flowriffic

OK, sorry. Off to hunt for my BB deal PSN card.

[quote name='Diebythesword']There's a BB deal?[/QUOTE]

There was a while back - $20 PSN card with purchase of certain games. Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm not condemning you; that would imply that I think gay people are something to be condemned. Getting emotional after playing this game is an obvious feminine trait.[/QUOTE]

Gotta add this comment to the top narrow-minded things I have read on this site.

[quote name='gantt']Why not:
Flows and the Flowing Flowers Who Flow Them

better than the ghastly:
Flowriffic.[/QUOTE]

Flow...with a Vengeance!

Bought this at the full $10 price point a while back and still have no regrets. This and Rez HD are pretty much the only downloadable titles I still play on a semi-regular basis out of all the ones I own.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Um, I believe they simply used XNA as a testing platform to assist with the PS3 development. They never had any intentions of bringing the game to the 360. They're a 2nd party Sony company. Besides Flower works because of the motion controls. It would definitely not feel the same using an analog stick[/QUOTE]

To add to that, they have a contract to make 3 exclusive games for Sony.

I bought this game when it was $10. Loved it except my friends thought of it as a game for when you're high.

Well, I was trying to decide if I should spend money on this or not.

Then I realized I had $5.01 left on my account after I purchased Fat Princess with a $20 card a couple months ago. Made the decision a lot easier.

Thanks, OP.

In for 1 - Thanks! Looks cool and $5 is the right pricepoint for me, been meaning to try this game for a long time, have heard a lot of good things. That's why these games need demos though.

bread's done
Back