Flower - PSN - Out Now - $9.99

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/944/944858p1.html

Couldn't find a thread for this game, but it looks like flOwer will be out next month.

Info:
http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/Flower

The pioneers that brought you the award-winning PLAYSTATION®Network title flOw are back with another concept that challenges traditional gaming conventions. Flower expands the team’s tradition of delivering simple gameplay, accessible controls and a medium to explore emotional chords uncommon in video games. In Flower, the surrounding environment, most often pushed to the background in games, is pulled to the forefront and becomes the primary “character.” The player fades from an external and stressful world in the opening of this fresh and genuine game only for PS3, and journeys through beautifully vivid landscapes, changing the his surroundings and exploring nature along the way.

Playing as the wind, the player guides and grows a swarm of pedals by interacting with other flowers and the surrounding environment.

The goals and journey in each level vary, but all involve flight, exploration and interaction with the level. Using simple SIXAXIS™ wireless controls, the player guides the lead petal and accumulates a swarm of flower petals as he moves at his own pace within the environment, causing the on-screen world to change. Flower's gameplay offers different experiences, pacing and rhythm to all players. Along the way, the environment will pose challenges to the player’s progress.

Both pastoral and at times chaotic, Flower is a visual, audio and interactive escape on PS3.

Key Features:

• Simple Gameplay Controls – Accessible controls appeal to both the casual and hardcore gamer and offer simplistic and relaxing gaming. Freely playing as the wind is as easy as titling the SIXAXIS™ wireless controller.
  • Lush and Interactive Environment on PS3 – In Flower, over 200,000 blades of grass are simulated and animated simultaneously on-screen, creating an verdant environment not possible on any other platform.
  • Dynamically Adjusting Experience – Players with differing skill levels and/or moods can intuitively customize their game experience and enjoy the game at their own pace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I was hoping this would be 7.99 like flOw was. Either way i'm buying this day one. I've been looking forward to this for about a year now.

[quote name='Richlough']I saw somebody on my friends list playing this today .[/quote]
:lol: That was me, I'm assuming.

I've beaten it and will give you guys a link to my review when the embargo lifts tomorrow at noon EST.

Sweet, thanks for the review btw. After seeing your review and 1up's I'm definitely getting this day 1. I was going to anyway but now I'm really looking forward to this.

Come on dude, It's only 10 bucks. I know this is cheapassgamer but just pony up the cash and support cool companies like this one that are trying to bring some innovation to gaming.

Just slip me some acid and let me download this game.

I love these kinds of arty semi-game games and I'm fully willing to support it with my 10 bucks. With Linger and Shadows and this, I want more of it.

I've figured that I'm going to get the "Welcome Back" trophy legit so next time I'll launch Flower again is when Noby Noby releases.

Was the opening video supposed to have a grainy look or is the video horribly compressed? I couldn't tell.

Going to get a pan card tmro to pick it up. Looking forward to trying it. Are the enviorments different? Most of the video I have scene is the one with lush green grass, but the end of the video seems to show different level color palettes with different flowers.

Just got it and played the first level (twice) and I'll just say this makes the KZ 2 demo look average (forget every other game on the market). The movement is great too, this is the perfect use of the six-axis.

absolutely wonderful......it is something special.

edit - the emotion that ign's review expresses is genuine and accurate.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sony gave me any early code to review the game.[/QUOTE]

You're review was excellent. Sony should put that on their blog page

Okay just in case you were all thinking like I was, I collected every secret flower in every stage and you unlock something...just not what you think. That middle space did seem suspect though.

[quote name='sotc1988']Okay just in case you were all thinking like I was, I collected every secret flower in every stage and you unlock something...just not what you think. That middle space did seem suspect though.[/quote]

There are secret flowers in stage 4? I could not find any on that stage. Those are the only three I am missing then. Any tips?

Amazing game so far, really relaxing and seems like a good stress reliever. Music is soothing and everything looks pretty good, well worth the $10! Just got to stage 3 and found a secret flower in stage 2. I'm going to try and get all of the trophies without a guide since it seems like they shouldn't be too bad, should make it more enjoyable figuring them out on my own.

damn well worth the $10 I spent on it.

way better than alot of other digital downloads that come out every week.

I passed the game, but genna go back and try to beat it.

as random as it sounds:

What Mirrors Edge was trying to do in terms of style, this game pulled off in spades while ME failed badly IMHO.

[quote name='Razzuel']There are secret flowers in stage 4? I could not find any on that stage. Those are the only three I am missing then. Any tips?[/quote]

Dammit I meant stage 5; I must have counted wrong.

The experience is very unique... i think my $10.87 is well spent. It's amazing, you're controlling petals! And the fact that Flower was released in February, spring is just around the corner :)

I finished the 2nd level. The game just gave me an idea what to make for my wife and daughter for tomorrow (no way buying expensive real flowers on 2/14, just to see them die in one week).

How can you tell which flowers are the secret flowers, I know I got at least one because I got a trophy. Is it a particular color or something else?

bread's done
Back