Flower - PSN - Out Now - $9.99

[quote name='sotc1988']Okay just in case you were all thinking like I was, I collected every secret flower in every stage and you unlock something...just not what you think. That middle space did seem suspect though.[/quote]
Mind posting the secret flower count for each level so I can see what I'm misisng? You spoiler it if you want.

[quote name='happy']How can you tell which flowers are the secret flowers, I know I got at least one because I got a trophy. Is it a particular color or something else?[/quote]

They're green and they make a chime when you get them.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Mind posting the secret flower count for each level so I can see what I'm misisng? You spoiler it if you want.[/quote]

I'm almost positive there are 3 per level.

I just found a guide to all of the secret flowers' locations on GameFAQs.

Here is the list:
Yellow Flower
1: Bloom every white flower in the first area, it'll appear.
2: Bloom every white flower in the second area, it'll appear same as the first one.
3: Behind a rock on the backside of the tree at the end.

Red Flower
1: Bloom every flower you can find before going through the stone wall, it'll pop up [unsure on this one]
2: Aftert the rock wall opens, bloom all the red flowers in that area, then all the yellow flowers. It'll appear on a sort of rocky outcropping.
3: Look around the last area, it's hidden somewhere around there. [unsure on this one as well]

Pink Flower
1: Bloom every flower in the starting area and it'll pop up.
2: In the canyon, stay to the left and enter the cave, then keep to the left and you'll get it. (Stay to the right in the cave to get the flOw trophy.)
3: After the canyon ends and before you enter the field, turn around; it's right there.

Blue Flower
1: Look for two haybales in the distance. One of them has the secret behind it.
2: While charged, make a circle around the wagon. It'll pop up.
3: While charged, go over to the pond that's already lit and fly over it. It'll pop up next to the pond. (Do this with the other, darker pond to get the illuminator trophy.)

Purple Flower
1: When the stage starts, turn around and head over the hill. It doesn't look possible, but it is. You'll see it ahead.
2: In the field with all the towers, look for two that are leaning over slightly, near the back. There are white flowers under them. Bloom those flowers and the towers will fall over; make them both fall over and it'll pop up.
3: When you're just about to leave the maze, and you see the pink speed flowers, turn around and head straight back the other way. You'll run right into the secret at the end of this path.

White Flower
1: In the first main city area, find the two tallest buildings and fly through the door of the one on your right from the way you entered the area. Go up and you'll see it on a rafter.
2: Where the highway splits into 3 ramps, take the one on the far right. You'll enter a sort of garage; it's in there.
3: Somewhere in the last part of the city, right before you enter the evil tower. Look around. [unsure here also]

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=943340&topic=48119372

I noticed while playing last night occasionally i would hear a humming noise in some areas, does that mean anything?

How exactly do a "light a pond"?

[quote name='nbballard']I noticed while playing last night occasionally i would hear a humming noise in some areas, does that mean anything?

How exactly do a "light a pond"?[/quote]

In the level with the power lines that light up, there is a pond with rocks near a lamp pole. When your petals light up, go to that pond, touch the water and circle around it. The trophy will unlock when you do this.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']
In the level with the power lines that light up, there is a pond with rocks near a lamp pole. When your petals light up, go to that pond, touch the water and circle around it. The trophy will unlock when you do this.
[/quote]

I tried that, but i guess i need to try again.

You can count me as one of those Mana Knight. fl0w to me was a 5 second flash game, this to me is a legit game. Plus you've known of me forever, and you know that I hold records on most gaming message boards for bannings, and this game is certainly one that would get me banned because I would defend it.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']You can count me as one of those Mana Knight. fl0w to me was a 5 second flash game, this to me is a legit game. Plus you've known of me forever, and you know that I hold records on most gaming message boards for bannings, and this game is certainly one that would get me banned because I would defend it.[/QUOTE]Yes, I know you very well from several forums and remembered you well. ;)

I got flOw right when it came out, but didn't see the appeal. I'd like more trophies anyway, and since flower has them, I may end up getting it. Barnolde keeps asking me about if I bought it anyway, lol.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Is XG/Cloudchaser even around anymore? :O I talk to Frogacuda daily.[/QUOTE]Still there, but very few members left and fewer forum categories now (like 6 total). I mostly just post here now.

Out of curiosity, do people find the trophies in this pretty easy, or a bit on the harder side? I don't expect they'll be as easy as Linger In Shadows. :p

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Still there, but very few members left and fewer forum categories now (like 6 total). I mostly just post here now.

Out of curiosity, do people find the trophies in this pretty easy, or a bit on the harder side? I don't expect they'll be as easy as Linger In Shadows. :p[/quote]

They are easy to get.

Here is a tropy list if you are curious:
Beginning(Bronze)The dream has just started...
Discovery(Bronze)Find and bloom a secret flower
Dream(Gold)Beyond all flowers lies another room
flOw(Bronze)Life could be simple...
Healthy Play(Bronze)Take a ten minute break between any dreams
Illumination(Bronze)Light a darkened pool
Memories(Bronze)Reminisce for three minutes before returning to the room
Nature(Silver)Bloom 10,000 flowers
Palette(Bronze)Use the grass as your canvas and paint the ground with three different colors
Pure(Bronze)Journey to the city unscathed
Stars(Bronze)Release all of the names to the sky
Urban(Silver)Completely awaken the city
Welcome Back(Bronze)Play the game after a week long break
Wind(Bronze)Play with the windmills and ride the wind seven times

The only ones that will take more than what I would consider easy time to obtain are:
Bloom 10,000 flowers and play the game after a week long break.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']How do you get the
Memories
one?[/quote]
Finish a level and don't go into the vortex that goes back to the apartment right away.

[quote name='BostonCollegeFan']Alright thanks.
and the windmill one, does that mean just play the third level 7 times?
[/quote]

No
It basically means to fly into the windmill 7 times.

This game is great. Sure it's not exactly challenging, and it's pretty accessible to practically everyone...but that's not a bad thing in this game's case. This game challenges the traditional ideas of what a game should be, while still being highly enjoyable. It's exactly like they say it is, beautiful and relaxing, you kind of have to try it out for yourself.

Took a chance on this, glad I did.

So I beat the game and only have 3 trophies... one of which is the windmill one which I got on purpose, so I could hav beaten it with only two...
discovery and urban are the two

If that's true then it's possible to beat the game without getting any trophies because discovery isn't necessary either, although it would be tough to make it through everything without it.

I like it. I don't hold it's length against this game because I could see myself going back and playing it again and again. It's just beutiful and mesmerizing. Very Zen and peaceful.

This game will make you a believer. Yes, it's not difficult(literally almost zero difficulty), and there are no bad guys(in the traditional sense) or gameovers(pretty sure there aren't), but at the same time it's so awesome.

Had some friends come over go from laughing at it to loving it. The only thing I can compare it to is Rez....except even more sedating, free, and sometimes just as abstract. It's a true trip...

We need more games like this! Violent games will always have their place, but these games deserve some attention too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoy this game! Similar to you guys, I agree with most of you on the mesmerizing,simple but effective gameplay and the simple but great art direction/graphics. Well worth $10!

I gotta also add, this game has amazing graphics. Even in the most graphically impressive games there will often be a graphical error like screen tearing, collision error, or etc. that scream you're playing a game! With this game I can't remember anything like that, everything seemed perfect and believable, that or the experience was just so awesome I didn't notice. (Keep in mind I'm not a big graphics whore, so it could have very well been littered with a few stuff)

Then again, this game is very simple so I can't exactly fault other games that are more complex too much for being prone to graphical glitches.

[quote name='kurokubushi']I picked up a $20 PSM card for this game, any suggestions on hat I use the other $10 on?[/quote]

Pixeljunk Monsters (I'm not sure what it costs now, but it's under $10) that or Eden

Both of those are $10. I'd throw Super Stardust HD out there, as well. All three have demos, so give those a shot and see if any of them are what you're looking for.

First of all, I whole-heartedly recommend this PSN game over anything that's been released so far. Flower's blend of gameplay, controls, music, and visuals elicit several emotions that I've rarely ever experienced before in all my years of gaming.

Here are some adjectives that come to mind when I think about my Flower experience: elated, magical, beautiful, and exhilarating. I even stopped playing Flower after 2 levels so that I can savor the game!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be one of those art house games where you can't have a dissenting opinion.

I REGRET buying flOw, so I'm extremely wary of this game. There's generally a pattern of enthusiastic reviews and opinions that seems to go hand in hand with art house games that I get suckered into buying... Usually with sentiments like: "You're a troglodyte if you don't enjoy game X."

[quote name='Gourd']This is going to be one of those art house games where you can't have a dissenting opinion.

I REGRET buying flOw, so I'm extremely wary of this game. There's generally a pattern of enthusiastic reviews and opinions that seems to go hand in hand with art house games that I get suckered into buying... Usually with sentiments like: "You're a troglodyte if you don't enjoy game X."[/quote]

I didn't play flOw, but I think I get where you're coming from. It's not the type of game that requires you to interpret it deeply to understand or enjoy, it's just beautiful and simple fun that I think most gamers can understand. It's also not a poor imitation of another medium.

Even if you don't like it in the end, which I doubt, it's only 10 dollars.

[quote name='Gourd']This is going to be one of those art house games where you can't have a dissenting opinion.

I REGRET buying flOw, so I'm extremely wary of this game. There's generally a pattern of enthusiastic reviews and opinions that seems to go hand in hand with art house games that I get suckered into buying... Usually with sentiments like: "You're a troglodyte if you don't enjoy game X."[/quote]

I'm a bit biased with art games but at least see what I say:

flow did suck. bad controls, boring and repetitive.

flower stays away from all that and makes relaxing actually very fun.

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience while playing thru flower. It was beautiful, and very relaxing. I do have some issues with it. I found for the cost it was extremely short. I wish there was more bang for my buck and I will not be happy if they come out with DLC levels for a fee in the next month or so. The grass and the physics of it moving were awsome, but the flowers up closed look like shit on my 50" HD TV. I was a little shocked. I also wasn't happy with the ability to explore in each level. Very limited area to go around. I haven't finished it yet, I am in the last level, but I have had a lot of enjoyment while playing this game.

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']I think im going to buy this :)

It seems a revelation and fun. It seems it will go nicely with my new PS3...[/quote]

Last night i downloaded it. I played some of it this morning and a bit tonight and i have to say it is a gorgeous game, mesmorising and just a treat to play.

Well worth the £6.29 price tag. The first night time level is my favourite, so pretty! Didnt get many trophies though, but who cares. More excuse to play it again (not that i need one).

Pick it up people! :)

Fl0w was a great game and I have put way more hours in that than Flower. Plus Fl0w has more replay value. It certainly isnt as emotional/majestic as flower, but a great game in its own right. The one place where flower went wrong is the later 2 levels when you have to smash things and be more aggressive. That was when flower started feeling like a game to me, and I did not like it. I wish all the levels were like the first few.

Has anyone got "Beyond all flowers lies another room" I was wondering if it opens another level.

[quote name='smiggity']Has anyone got "Beyond all flowers lies another room" I was wondering if it opens another level.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't.

im still on the fence about buying this, could someone hook me up with some more adjectives to describe this game. i like the fact that everyone seems to find it 'relaxing'

[quote name='hibachiZX']im still on the fence about buying this, could someone hook me up with some more adjectives to describe this game. i like the fact that everyone seems to find it 'relaxing'[/quote]

Looks amazing, Original, and just an all around fun game.

Just in case anyone was wondering when I was browsing the PSN network I felt a hit of nastalga, and ended up buying Mortal Combat 2, lol.

I can't believe people aren't talking about this game more.

It utilizes the sixaxis controller almost perfectly and is really a blast to play. I even got my video game hating mom to play it for more then a couple of minutes ;).

bread's done
Back